What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
For you guys who seriously play this game, do you find it more fun than mkx? I'm thinking of getting it.
Depends on what you mean by fun.

If you like slower gameplay with a bigger emphasis on fundamental play then yes, its more fun.

If you like games that are quick paced with flashy offense you likely won't find it fun.

I think they're both fun tbh, can't rightly say which is more fun.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
He was just dumb enough to not react to it, block and full combo punish you for doing yolo CA, stahp.
this is why you lose to me all the time, you dont get how to play street fighter

lab it you cant push a button before the flash which he you can tell he did in the video

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
this is why you lose to me all the time, you dont get how to play street fighter

lab it you cant push a button before the flash which he you can tell he did in the video
I never said you should press a button... I stated that you can block it and punish. It's not even like a grab CA that you have to jump out of.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Also you can imply idk how to play SF or whatever, the fact that you get so deffensive is stupid. Seems like you're one of those guys that feel like they can troll 24/7 but once someone starts joking with you, you get all ratchet. @B. Shazzy

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
just wait til i finish editing this vid of sun's ragequit u guise you'll see i was right all along

I never said you should press a button... I stated that you can block it and punish. It's not even like a grab CA that you have to jump out of.
sun he wasnt trying to avoid the super, he was just jumping the same way a person would jump and get hit between a frame trap.

but the frametrap wasnt move > yolo super hope he tries to jump it. it was blocked vskill (which is minus) > canceled ca to catch his reaction (he made the decision to jump before super) to me being at minus frames

unless you think a gold karin player doesnt realize their own character's super isnt a command grab

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
its like if i showed you guys a video of a shimmy throw bait into crush counter and you said "well cc moves cant be teched he was just dumb trying to tech it instead of blocking"

like what the

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I have no idea why he would jump there lol. That super was mad random as fuck, though.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
just wait til i finish editing this vid of sun's ragequit u guise you'll see i was right all along

sun he wasnt trying to avoid the super, he was just jumping the same way a person would jump and get hit between a frame trap.

but the frametrap wasnt move > yolo super hope he tries to jump it. it was blocked vskill (which is minus) > canceled ca to catch his reaction (he made the decision to jump before super) to me being at minus frames

unless you think a gold karin player doesnt realize their own character's super isnt a command grab
Maybe if you realized that I wasn't serious when I made the joke about him thinking the CA was a command grab we would be talking but you didn't.

Bye Stacy.

THTB

That's not really a frame trap anyway, not unless full charged v skill hits meaty. That's just doing an invincible move to do it brah. :DOGE

I really want to be into it, but the shotoifying of the charge characters really pisses me off. I can't ever seem to hit the double QCF, but back when I played Guile in ST and SF4, I could do that zig zag super/ultra no problem.

So I just never use my super combos now. And then Vega and Charlie are ALL shoto. God, I HATE IT. Change it back.

THTB

I really want to be into it, but the shotoifying of the charge characters really pisses me off. I can't ever seem to hit the double QCF, but back when I played Guile in ST and SF4, I could do that zig zag super/ultra no problem.

So I just never use my super combos now. And then Vega and Charlie are ALL shoto. God, I HATE IT. Change it back.
You might be misinterpreting what defines a shoto. While they have motion inputs, they are nothing like what you'd get with a shoto. Vega, especially.

You're not alone regarding the QCFx2 supers, there's many threads about this on the SF forum. Guess it's practice and making sure you input the motions correctly and fully and not press the button too early. But yea the supers were easier before, a bit stricter now imo.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"

I think you need to visit the school of fighting game terminology buddy lol

Vega wouldn't fit in this game as a charge character though without a huge overhaul of his attacks, he has to play the long game which isnt what SFV is about (atleast currently).

Nash is a newer version than his previous iterations, he's also the master of the sonic boom. It only makes sense he wouldn't have to "charge" it compared to Guile (who I am pretty sure will be a charge character in SFV).

Check your past matches with inputs on to see where you are going wrong.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
i mean call it what you want but when your boy knows, he knows

let's see the props
It'd be more impressive if I knew why he'd jump if you're negative. I mean if he was being really aggressive and for whatever reason not taking in to account your full meter then yeah good job. Still that'd seem like a rookie mistake especially in a mirror match. I always find I have to constantly remind myself people will blow their whole load on the hope I don't block just this one time.

Just seems like a lucky guess. And I'd hate if this thread got filled with a bunch of lucky CA guesses.

Zoidberg747

What's a frame trap?
Its when you intentionally leave gaps in your pressure to try and get your opponent to interrupt you but the gap is small enough that if they try to interrupt they'll get hit.,

So for example, R. Mikas 1 is +2 and her 1 is 3f. So technically her 1 is not guaranteed after a blocked 1, but if you try and interrupt her you would get hit into a confirm.

Hope that makes sense.

Its when you intentionally leave gaps in your pressure to try and get your opponent to interrupt you but the gap is small enough that if they try to interrupt they'll get hit.,

So for example, R. Mikas 1 is +2 and her 1 is 3f. So technically her 1 is not guaranteed after a blocked 1, but if you try and interrupt her you would get hit into a confirm.

Hope that makes sense.
Thanks for replying. So what do you mean by her "1"? I understand that her 1 is +2 and 3 frames right? But don't get the rest lol.

Zoidberg747

Thanks for replying. So what do you mean by her "1"? I understand that her 1 is +2 and 3 frames right? But don't get the rest lol.
Her s.LP

Sorry im stuck in MKX terminology lol.

So when she does a s.LP into a s.LP there is a gap but its so small that anyone who tries to interrupt will just get hit and get combo'd.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
its like if i showed you guys a video of a shimmy throw bait into crush counter and you said "well cc moves cant be teched he was just dumb trying to tech it instead of blocking"

like what the
you buffered it i bet expecting to hit and did it late on accident.. show ur input in the vid