What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
That was sad. Even Daigo has trouble with throws lol
Tough situation because if he woke up, it's a crush counter combo that will kill him. If he tries to jump out or jab, it's a combo confirmed into CA and that's death. So Command Grab is the least damaging option. He just gussed wrong like 5 times lol.

Aramonde

Noob
Tough situation because if he woke up, it's a crush counter combo that will kill him. If he tries to jump out or jab, it's a combo confirmed into CA and that's death. So Command Grab is the least damaging option. He just gussed wrong like 5 times lol.
Four times the last one was stun. I know throwing is really good in this game.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
necalli has command grab loops, a 3f, a meterless dp, infinite vtrigger, top damage and pressure, best jab aa, divekick, best jump ins, oki off everything

"but i dont even have dhlasim range normals" - necalli players lul

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
@LionHeart

which character fills 90% of those????
oh and i forgot to mention a vskill that's effective in all matchups and builds his vtrigger faster than any other 3bar one

qwark guile cant even stop trading against air normals with his aas even flashkick but he's "a character who will be toptier over time" LUL

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
also for that guy who asked why mika doesnt seem braindead after playing her for a few games, look what Du did as soon as he got blown out as Guile in a 5-5 mu vs xiaohai cammy, possibly the best sfv player using a footsie character who mika players keep saying is something she "struggles" with. or look at how OCV th entire Japanese team

ya it must be a struggle not having instant teleports at +10 on your opponent at will or something lul mika bums see what happens when ur actually good

Last edited:
mika 3-0 the best sfv player besting him twice, OCVing the entire Japanese team, truly a struggle character
so like ultra David said. There's 3 mikas in the world. 2 are evo champions, and one is currently the best player on the North American continent. When du is consistently whiff punishing a cammy st mk it's not that Mika is a monster it's that du is. She's not a "struggle character", but she's not a free win machine.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
so like ultra David said. There's 3 mikas in the world. 2 are evo champions, and one is currently the best player on the North American continent. When du is consistently whiff punishing a cammy st mk it's not that Mika is a monster it's that du is. She's not a "struggle character", but she's not a free win machine.
So why do I constantly hear Mika's justifying her completely unbalanced vortex especially in this thread say "learn the mu" and she has problems "being kept out" when I just saw the free-est moppings at the highest level. Du was teabagging. Do you think that's a mindset of person playing who is thinking of the conplexities of their character's choices in neutral and is worried?

I've seen Du mop plenty of Cammy's with Guile, it's not a bad matchup for him. At least it can't be worse than Mika according to their players. Why make the switch from an even matchup he's competent in to a supposedly "weaker" MU in Mika?

So why do I constantly hear Mika's justifying her completely unbalanced vortex especially in this thread say "learn the mu" and she has problems "being kept out" when I just saw the free-est moppings at the highest level. Du was teabagging. Do you think that's a mindset of person playing who is thinking of the conplexities of their character's choices in neutral and is worried?

I've seen Du mop plenty of Cammy's with Guile, it's not a bad matchup for him. At least it can't be worse than Mika according to their players. Why make the switch from an even matchup he's competent in to a supposedly "weaker" MU in Mika?
who said it was a weaker matchup? I think Mika does better vs cammy because she brawls better than her and is more dangerous at point blank. Assuming Mika can make the reads on her dps Mika can run over a cammy.

That being said, du outplayed xiaohai. Plain and simple. Xiaohai wasn't even stopping the dropkicks and he was getting beat in neutral all over the place(did you see that jump back jab to stop the dive kicks?). At that level you don't beat someone 7-1 with shenanigans. Either du was playing at a higher level than xiao could or xiaohai was playing worse than he usually does(he honestly seems kinda inconsistent at times).

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
who said it was a weaker matchup? I think Mika does better vs cammy because she brawls better than her and is more dangerous at point blank. Assuming Mika can make the reads on her dps Mika can run over a cammy.

That being said, du outplayed xiaohai. Plain and simple. Xiaohai wasn't even stopping the dropkicks and he was getting beat in neutral all over the place(did you see that jump back jab to stop the dive kicks?). At that level you don't beat someone 7-1 with shenanigans. Either du was playing at a higher level than xiao could or xiaohai was playing worse than he usually does(he honestly seems kinda inconsistent at times).
Yes, any time one guy gets another guy's health down before his will have always outplayed him. It's about how he did it. Du wasn't taking rounds because he jumped back jab Cammy's divekick a few times.

The sequence that pretty much got things going was Mika > dash up or jump and then regardless of Xiohai's answer he was in and at some point it was Du's turn in close range, caught Xiaohai guessing wrong counterhit > Irish whip/ command grab vortex> half-life gone trying to escape and Du just turtles or Xiohai just died.

There comes a point were you only need to "work" (not starting the match immediately pressuring your opponent) so hard with Mika and then there's what she rewards the player with once she's in. A vortex. Either Mika commands grab me to death or I take a risk and get CC back into the same situation. And it's no just one guess, it's several micro guesses. Add V-trigger assists with side switches. Only 4 characters have a meterless reversal. And then you put that type of character in Nuckledu's hands. But ya cool look he got a few jump back jabs neat totally outplayed.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Who are the 3 Mika players? Fuudo, Du, and ???

L
Yes, any time one guy gets another guy's health down before his will have always outplayed him. It's about how he did it. Du wasn't taking rounds because he jumped back jab Cammy's divekick a few times.

The sequence that pretty much got things going was Mika > dash up or jump and then regardless of Xiohai's answer he was in and at some point it was Du's turn in close range, caught Xiaohai guessing wrong counterhit > Irish whip/ command grab vortex> half-life gone trying to escape and Du just turtles or Xiohai just died.

There comes a point were you only need to "work" (not starting the match immediately pressuring your opponent) so hard with Mika and then there's what she rewards the player with once she's in. A vortex. Either Mika commands grab me to death or I take a risk and get CC back into the same situation. And it's no just one guess, it's several micro guesses. Add V-trigger assists with side switches. Only 4 characters have a meterless reversal. And then you put that type of character in Nuckledu's hands. But ya cool look he got a few jump back jabs neat totally outplayed.
he actually did win a few close rounds off of jump back jab beating divekick. He also won off of some killer confirms and whiff punishes. There were many rounds that ended close and in neutral, most of them weren't "Mika rounds" where xiaohai died after one touch. And as far as I'm concerned him beating xiaohai with those dropkicks and jumps was pretty impressive, the only reason the worked was because dus ground game was incredibly strong. Xiaohai doesn't get hit by 30+ frame moves often so yeah it was cool. You can't just dash up and jump at xiaohai to beat him. If it was that easy everyone would/could do it.

The match went like this. Du outplayed him at every range for almost the entire time and he won. End of story.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
R.Mika might be top 5. I can't really think of any character that could give her enough problems to balance out everything you do potentially being vortex punished

R.Mika might be top 5. I can't really think of any character that could give her enough problems to balance out everything you do potentially being vortex punished
the only matchups I kinda dislike are ken, necalli, and Alex. I think she loses to them slightly. Think she also probably loses to gief and chun but I don't mind those ones as much. Rest are all fine. On paper she definitely loses a decent amount of matchups though, just in practice people can't play the matchup that well for that long.