What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Cammy doesn't get anything off a throw midscreen because she gets in so easily. What is Capcoms excuse for Juri getting nothing off a throw even in the corner?

Necalli can be +25, Ken +19 and R.Mika +30 (crouching) but Juri is +8 and nowhere near you. You don't even get corner carry off the throw but it's ok because Capcom gave her 10 more dmg and 200 stun on it

Cammy doesn't get anything off a throw midscreen because she gets in so easily. What is Capcoms excuse for Juri getting nothing off a throw even in the corner?

Necalli can be +25, Ken +19 and R.Mika +30 (crouching) but Juri is +8 and nowhere near you. You don't even get corner carry off the throw but it's ok because Capcom gave her 10 more dmg and 200 stun on it
What is the comparison to the other DLC characters?

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
The Street Fighter V event at Tokyo Games Show is coming soon.

September 17:

10:25 to 11:05 – Street Fighter V Special Stage – Featuring Tomoaki Ayano (assistant producer) and guest Kazunoko (pro-gamer).

Come see the true ability of the Capcom Tour 2015 champion! There may be some new information, too!

11:05 to 11:15 – Street Fighter V Studio Talk

September 18:

15:00 to 15:30 – Street Fighter V Update Information and Live Gameplay – Featuring Tomoaki Ayano (assistant producer).

Check here for local times:

http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I'm hoping Urien drops on the 20th but thinking the 27th is way more likely. Guess we'll know tomorrow.

I'm really hyped for this character, and I can't wait to get in the casual match queue and play a bunch of awkward mirrors where no one knows what to do with him, but there's one problem: I've never competently played a charge character. Can anyone give me some general pointers about charge characters?

I have some specific questions too:

Let's say I'm on the left, and I'm crossing my opponent up so I land on the right. I jump and immediately am holding right as I travel over them. Does the charging start when my jump starts or once I pass over them?

How do you play footsies knowing you need a charge for a full punish/whiff punish? Do you walk around into the spacing you want and begin charging, thinking they're gonna put a normal out? Or do you just opt for a lighter whiff punish like sweep?

I just don't wanna get in the habit of always crouch blocking because I can't think about playing footsies and charging at the same time.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
this just in. Mika gets nothing off of forward throws either. Even in the corner.
Nah it's not totally annoying hoping you're opponent is crouching when you throw. And only be able to cancel into VT off the your lows. Mika is such a low tier character. Sweep sucks. Ex wingless airplane is invincible AFTER startup. Worse anti air special in the game.

Nah it's not totally annoying hoping you're opponent is crouching when you throw. And only be able to cancel into VT off the your lows. Mika is such a low tier character. Sweep sucks. Ex wingless airplane is invincible AFTER startup. Worse anti air special in the game.
bro I lose my bar and trade with ex airplane every single game, and I get no dmg. Needs buffs.

And don't even get me started on being negative 2 after I hit my opponent with a fierce attack. I feel cheated every time I land an attack and am literally punished for it(damn you zangief, damn you straight to hell). That on top of my best footsie tool being -3 on block and both of my ways in being punishable on reaction I'm just not even sure how people think mika isn't bottom 1.

Am I doing this right Myles?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
And don't even get me started on being negative 2 after I hit my opponent with a fierce attack. I feel cheated every time I land an attack and am literally punished for it(damn you zangief, damn you straight to hell). That on top of my best footsie tool being -3 on block and both of my ways in being punishable on reaction I'm just not even sure how people think mika isn't bottom 1.

Am I doing this right Myles?
I'd say you are