What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
If you are comfortable with using charge characters then I would have said Guile but Rashid is also annoying.
I only recently figured out how the charge mechanic worked lol, I'd probably have played a bit of Guile if I knew more about it earlier on.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
how to keep out everyone with SFV Guile

Uhhh necalli easy to keep out but mika is hard? Wut

Im also not convinced that flash kick "always" works after a raw vskill, i have been stuffed out of that too many times, looks like the people in the video were jumping hella late

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yeah but thats just a button charge, you can probably release that on reaction to boom up close. Just felt like if I fucked up once the whole round was immediately on the line and when birdie has dive, headbutt, slide, armor, chain, super ect to all blow up fireballs it makes not fucking up with fireballs pretty damn hard. Its not like im nash and can just mash dashes back and forth while chucking booms, i have to sit there and charge booms, and when I have to stay in one spot to throw a fireball it makes them pretty easy to blow up, especially when EX dive and EX chain blow it up on reaction because of the recovery. So the option of just move around doing guile stuff doesnt make sense cus i cant move around and do flash kicks and booms like nash can
That's how you play charge chars. You have access to a good move and you threaten them with it. Nash can't throw booms either against birdie with meter unless near full-screen

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
What's the general perception of Cammy ? From my experience she seems stronger than even Chun Li.
Cammy is very good but no way better than Chun Li. She is potentially top 5 and people place her lower everytime but she never goes lower than top 8 (which is legit, she is nothing less than top 8 material)

Cammy is very good but no way better than Chun Li. She is potentially top 5 and people place her lower everytime but she never goes lower than top 8 (which is legit, she is nothing less than top 8 material)
Cammy is for sure not top 5. She's too basic. She has no way of opening people up. Vega, Ryu, Nash, Karin, chun, bison, sim, birdie, and probably Necalli/ken should all be placed above her on a tier list.

Pretty much everything she has is either reactable or punishable when up against a competent opponent. The only exception being her v trigger drill but that's situational. Her normals are also pretty stubby with a few exceptions. She's still viable since pretty much every character in sfv is at worst decent, but to say she's possibly top 5(I wouldn't even say top 10) is quite a stretch.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Cammy is for sure not top 5. She's too basic. She has no way of opening people up. Vega, Ryu, Nash, Karin, chun, bison, sim, birdie, and probably Necalli/ken should all be placed above her on a tier list.

Pretty much everything she has is either reactable or punishable when up against a competent opponent. The only exception being her v trigger drill but that's situational. Her normals are also pretty stubby with a few exceptions. She's still viable since pretty much every character in sfv is at worst decent, but to say she's possibly top 5(I wouldn't even say top 10) is quite a stretch.
Eh, I think she is good. She is not top 5 IMO and I believe it more and more every time, her ways of opening someone up are not so much and all of them are pretty whatever unless she has you in the corner. personally I have her in the 8th spot and I don't think I will put her lower than top 10 at least not right now with just 2 DLC characters out.

Eh, I think she is good. She is not top 5 IMO and I believe it more and more every time, her ways of opening someone up are not so much and all of them are pretty whatever unless she has you in the corner. personally I have her in the 8th spot and I don't think I will put her lower than top 10 at least not right now with just 2 DLC characters out.
That's reasonable. I was thinking about it and I'm finding it somewhat hard not to put her at 9 or 10.