What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

What? Sorry you made a comment on my execution and I responded about my why my execution was off. I'll make sure to only play characters that I've been playing before. Good thing I found out this rule before I started playing Mika. I'll just respond with "GGs" regardless of what you type next time. Cool?
Sounds good. legit ggs though. we had some close matches

M.Bison is not worse than F.A.N.G
feels good to finally see the top players coming around, huh?

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Sometimes people forward dash online and I get counter-hit for trying to tech the throw...
I'm not a fan of the footsies in this game; maybe if Juri has good jump-ins and dashes I'll enjoy it more beccause I'll actually be making use of it instead of just getting exploited by it

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Footsies in this game are very dash oriented, and mostly reads tbh. With how stubby a lot of normals are, how so many hurtboxes are huge when you whiff/use a normal and how quick dashes are it becomes mostly based on reads. You're not gonna react to the dash with a button, if you do that they're already in your face and started the throw. You have to hit pre-emptively.

Personally I don't really like it, but it's what we got, thankfully Rashid and Vega can deal with the dashing nonsense pretty well, but it's still fuckin stupid.

Also, that tier list is just lol. Bison should probably be around Cammy's spot, Alex should be a bit higher, Guile is SSS tier so idk wtf Champ is on.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Tbh I think some of the really fast dashes could use toning down. Ryu's and Nash's for example are insanely fast, and it's not like Injustice where characters were trying to dash but then throwing out normals that were most times over twice the start up of SF moves.

There are obvious counters for mad dashing, and the meta is still evolving so I would think it's much to early for changes to be made, but something to think about.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Footsies in this game are very dash oriented, and mostly reads tbh. With how stubby a lot of normals are, how so many hurtboxes are huge when you whiff/use a normal and how quick dashes are it becomes mostly based on reads. You're not gonna react to the dash with a button, if you do that they're already in your face and started the throw. You have to hit pre-emptively.

Personally I don't really like it, but it's what we got, thankfully Rashid and Vega can deal with the dashing nonsense pretty well, but it's still fuckin stupid.

Also, that tier list is just lol. Bison should probably be around Cammy's spot, Alex should be a bit higher, Guile is SSS tier so idk wtf Champ is on.
Please explain why Guile is so good? To me he's just... Guile. His vskill is great tho and his v trigger is good(not necalli good IMO)

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Please explain why Guile is so good? To me he's just... Guile. His vskill is great tho and his v trigger is good(not necalli good IMO)
Buff normals, great anti-airs (that can CC for crazy damage), booms are really good and tough for a lot of the cast to get around especially coz he can throw them in like 23 different speeds and recover really quick, v-skill is excellent, v-trigger crazy loops in the corner for mad damage and timeout scams, has a reversal.

If anything I don't see what he could possible be lacking outside of a 3 frame normal.

Necalli has a better v-trigger but Guile's has a lot more utility imo. Can extend combos, zone with it, pressure with it, hell just popping it makes most people sitting ducks till you're done really coz they don't wanna eat a gazillion booms.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Necalli shits on Guile, like in every way imaginable and at every range on the screen. Lots of characters have anti fireball moves too so you cant really boom them at all as pure keep away, you have to use them from jump in range as an extension of his footsie tools but that can be risky

Last edited: