What's new

Street Fighter 6 General Discussion

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
dang... 1/2 the NA pro scene just quit the Capcom Word Tour... or at least said they have.... the pro hate for SF6 is super real!

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I'm not sure. I barely play it now as mk1 is so much more fun for me.. But basically SF6 has made these "Un-StreetFighter-Like" changes that has the casuals loving it but the pros hating it.

The gripe is the drive rush and parry system. They are used to SF being a very "known" game. I mean they used to have flow charts for playing match ups that were so good they could be used to make AI mods. Now SF and Tekken for that matter are copying MK in a way. Hype aggressive with tons of "free" ins and then a buch of ways to come back and negate pressure into pressure of your own.

Basically they are saying it is to random and no amount of practice can make you better than another. It is the old no skill argument.

It's bullshit. No skill? There is a reason Sonic owns the mk scene. Even in hyper aggressive games there are things that players can't do. These old pros just want to play SF4 and not SF6 and refuse to adjust.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
There has been some dislike for perfect parry but it's kind of baked in, like it is required to fight Honda for example.

I don't really mind it and you can be good or bad at it as long as your definition doesn't mean being able to do it every time. In reality it's not much if any harder to hit than flawless block was in MK11, but plenty of complaints existed there too.

I can see the point about it injection some randomness, but it also creates some game play around it for baiting and I'm not sure it's terribly different calling out your predictable aggression with perfect parry vs ex DP.

Nobody is perfect parrying a shimmy and SF6 has shimmies for days.

I don't see the Twitter hive, but I'm not seeing too much out of the ordinary as far as people being soir on a fighting game.

I kind of doubt the casuals love it perspective. Again I can view that topic through Twitter but more casual boards like Steam suggest everyone is cheating all the time and modern controls ruined the integrity of the game. Gripes that I'm interpreting as platinum players thinking they are Masters reasoning because they lost it must be a bot, and if the connection was unstable it must be a lag switch, and modern controls turn the game into easy mode and that's why they can't win Evo.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
And then there are throw loops that as near as I can tell people are mad about because someone named them and that's really all it takes.

Any gripes I have are minor and aren't on the hot list of topics from what I can tell

Honestly it feels more like people are extra mad at all the games because it's cool and it pisses them off other people don't let them win.

No people will not just let you take your turn. You will have to make the read no matter what the game.

NHDR

Noob
My one complaint is the drive impact in certain scenarios. I feel like the game encourages a player to throw it randomly any time they have an opponent at the corner. The risk-reward is really high in the attacker's favor, and I view it almost like the red focus from USF4. I haven't yet decided how I would tweak it, but I would change it somehow to balance it more.

ive watched a bit of the game lately and played the demo to see if i wanna jump in, but tbh... the game looks kinda stupid, a bit like mk11. everything is full of 1-button 50/50 options, be it on offense or defense. it seems like once youve mastered the admittely complex mechanical execution, its quite a wild guessing game instead of a game of reads. you throw out stuff and its hit or miss. and no i dont think every fighting game is like that. the good ones have layered offense where you need to successfully apply a series of 2 or more mixups to get to the big damage, while theres still the safety to not be completely blown up for your attemps (hit me but MK1 does this very good imo).