What's new

Stoners and MK

Btw if you guys did not pick it up I made up that story about my uncle and marijuana overdose. Got you riled up it did.

Truth is: drugs are for losers!
I hope you don't drink booze or coffee then, those are drugs as well.

I could really care less what other people do with their time.

Sasuga

Noob
This is why it won't be legal for a long time. The best they can do now is simply give it out as an alternative medical treatment. Everything in that article is true, even if he did focus on just a few actual key points and kind of ignored everything else in that category. People who want it legal RIGHT NOW are fools who really don't understand how the world works and that's what that article focused on.
The only reason why I think Marihuana should be legal is simple: it is my own personal choice to take or not to take. It had nothing to do with being healthy or unhealthy or whatever. It is a naturally occurring type of drug (among lots of others) that people have been using for a long time for all kinds or reasons. The reason I used was because I liked the taste of it and I liked the effects of it. I don't see how other people, who are not negatively affected by my use, would have the right to think that I should get fined or put in jail for the fact that I use. And there are no people who negatively affected by my use, at the very least not anymore than the negative effect those kind of people have on me.

If you can't see the importance of personal choice above anything else in your article I seriously doubt that you know how the world works. How would you feel if people started telling you MK should be illegal because of violence and what not?

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I hope you don't drink booze or coffee then, those are drugs as well.

I could really care less what other people do with their time.
I actually hate coffee and do not drink any alcohol. Not saying this just to be against you, its true.

I am horrible at video games stoned. I really don't know how people can function like that, a lot of my friends have no problem even driving high. I don't understand it. I think it affects me different.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
There's so many things here to touch upon, I don't even know where to start.

First thing's first, I fucking hate stoner stereotypes. I've pretty much been high the last couple years almost every day. And I'm not saying this to fill the stereotype of flamboyancy, but to prove a point. I have two certifications in IT (high while studying and during the tests) and work a full time job in IT (usually high throughout the entire day). I never toot my own horn for smoking weed and I never shit talk anyone who doesn't, which will be my next point. There's no reason why people can't be responsible about weed. Stupid people are just stupid people whether they are or aren't smoking weed.

Secondly, weed isn't for everybody. A lot of people react to different drugs very differently. Weed can make an anxious person more relaxed, but then make another anxious person more nervous. I have some extreme anxiety. That's not the reason I smoke. I smoke because I enjoy it. But it definitely helps with the anxiety. I'm not dependent on it at all. I haven't smoked in the last couple weeks because I'm trying to save money to pay off debt. I have no issues with not being high other than it's harder for me to fall asleep at night.... but that's mainly because I'm all hyped playing MK all night haha.

Third, weed is NOT dangerous. At all. Smoking anything can be dangerous, but there's so many other ways to ingest THC other than smoking. I can't believe a doctor would ever suggest that a cancer patient should go home and smoke something. In fact, I know that they don't. Medical cards give you access to 100% safe methods of taking in THC. Anyone who thinks marijuana kills brain cells is simply misinformed. If you want to get in a weed vs alcohol debate... how many people have ever gotten high and went home and beaten their wives? Nobody. Ever go to a sporting event? You know those guys that are overly obnoxious and screaming as loud as they can making a complete ass of themselves? Were they high or drunk?

Fourth, if you want to get all historical about it, weed was criminalized in an attempt to make mexicans move back down across the border in the early 1900s. If you don't believe me, watch ANY documentary about marijuana. There are discovery and history channel documentaries about it and you can say they are biased all you want, but that's simply untrue. The government can't tax it either which definitely isn't a help.

Fifth, legalization would really help a lot more than it is hurting. If you've never bought weed before then you won't understand this, but sometimes trying to get it can put you in a really shady situation with really shady people. People who just enjoy weed and are normal every day people would no longer have to be put in what can be a dangerous situation just to get some. Not to mention that drug cartels would no longer run entire neighborhoods. Sure, there's harder drugs out there that they are interested in but they make way more money off of weed than they do the harder drugs. Look at the prison system. How much money are we spending on drug busts and putting people in prison that simply just hang out at home a completely non dangerous drug? How much money are we spending on keeping these people in prison every year? If you don't think it effects that many people then do some research. We spend a LOTTTTTT of money busting people out for weed. Sure one can make the hemp argument. Our founding fathers all owned help farms and smoked regularly. They would have laughed you out of the room if you had ever told them hemp/marijuana would ever be illegal.

"Two of my favorite things are sitting on my front porch smoking a pipe of sweet hemp, and playing my Hohner harmonica." - Abraham Lincoln (from a letter written by Lincoln during his presidency to the head of the Hohner Harmonica Company in Germany)

"Hemp is of first necessity to the wealth & protection of the country." - Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President

"Make the most you can of the Indian Hemp seed and sow it everywhere." - George Washington, U.S. President

"We shall, by and by, want a world of hemp more for our own consumption." - John Adams, U.S. President

I don't usually do this and I've already spent too much effort typing this up. It just annoys me when people completely misunderstand.

Panque

Random foreign guy
Wow, didn't think weed was so popular in here. Now I understand why we see people asking for buffs in the Kung Lao forums.

It's not stupid like cigs (At least it does something!) and not as much of a killer as alcohol is, but it still sounds pretty dumb to me. It's not like my life is perfect, far from it, but I see no sense in getting high all the time. But then again, just do whatever you guys want to.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
The reason I hate bringing up smoking weed sometimes, is because these guys come out of the wood work and say drugs are bad blah blah blah and they have no fucking idea what they're talking about. They've never tried anything them selves and base all their opinions on what they learned in school and watching saturday morning cartoons. I can only assume they also go to church.

Even worse are these turds that say things like, "I think drugs are stupid but I mean, do whatever you want". What a pussy thing to say. If you're going to have an opinion at least be man enough to back it up. This is like some asshole saying "Yeah i'm religious, and I think i'm better than everyone else because they're all going to hell am i'm not. But do whatever you want, that's cool". Snobby passive aggressive people mostly deserve to get slapped in front of their peers.

People are admitting to never trying ALCOHOL even. So sad. When you guys post, all I can think is you look like Milhouse.

They must be kids, or grown ass virgins. Those are honestly the only people I know that don't even have a beer once and awhile. I went over 22 years of my life never having a drink or trying ANYTHING because I thought, with 100 percent of my brain, that all drugs were HORRIBLE and STUPID. Until I grew the fuck up and I finally tried things for myself... and I actually felt like I had been LIED to all my life. You need to try things for yourself before you decide what is bad, unhealthy, or WRONG. Weed... alcohol... these things are GREAT in moderation. Do people abuse these things? Yes, but not everyone is WEAK. Have an open mind, assholes.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
The reason I hate bringing up smoking weed sometimes, is because these guys come out of the wood work and say drugs are bad blah blah blah and they have no fucking idea what they're talking about. They've never tried anything them selves and base all their opinions on what they learned in school and watching saturday morning cartoons. I can only assume they also go to church.

Even worse are these turds that say things like, "I think drugs are stupid but I mean, do whatever you want". What a pussy thing to say. If you're going to have an opinion at least be man enough to back it up. This is like some asshole saying "Yeah i'm religious, and I think i'm better than everyone else because they're all going to hell am i'm not. But do whatever you want, that's cool". Snobby passive aggressive people mostly deserve to get slapped in front of their peers.

People are admitting to never trying ALCOHOL even. So sad. When you guys post, all I can think is you look like Milhouse.

They must be kids, or grown ass virgins. Those are honestly the only people I know that don't even have a beer once and awhile. I went over 22 years of my life never having a drink or trying ANYTHING because I thought, with 100 percent of my brain, that all drugs were HORRIBLE and STUPID. Until I grew the fuck up and I finally tried things for myself... and I actually felt like I had been LIED to all my life. You need to try things for yourself before you decide what is bad, unhealthy, or WRONG. Weed... alcohol... these things are GREAT in moderation. Do people abuse these things? Yes, but not everyone is WEAK. Have an open mind, assholes.
This.
Count down to Drug War debate in 10...9...8.... good to hear smart shit from a fellow metal head. On that note. I never do drugs, ever, after all, their illegal, that being said, Wanna go out and get trashed? I'll drive....:D

-b_s- :headbang:

The only reason why I think Marihuana should be legal is simple: it is my own personal choice to take or not to take. It had nothing to do with being healthy or unhealthy or whatever. It is a naturally occurring type of drug (among lots of others) that people have been using for a long time for all kinds or reasons.
You are simply adding to my statement about people who don't understand how the world works. There are negative side effects to smoking Marijuana. Like you said, it has nothing to do with being healthy or unhealthy. Just like you find it's a personal choice to take it or not, many others feel it effects the people around you. You can't argue against facts with opinion. Neither side will win.

For example, in Colorado even with my Medical Marijuana License, if I'm found high while driving it's technically a D.U.I. Makes perfect sense to me, since it does effect motor skills and reaction time. Second hand smoke is still just that, second hand smoke. Even if you are getting no THC from it, it's still harmful to those around you. These are just a few examples too.

The reason I used was because I liked the taste of it and I liked the effects of it. I don't see how other people, who are not negatively affected by my use, would have the right to think that I should get fined or put in jail for the fact that I use. And there are no people who negatively affected by my use, at the very least not anymore than the negative effect those kind of people have on me.
One person ruins it for everyone. Extacy and Acid were both created by the government as helpful 'drugs'. Humans learned to abuse them, and they became a hazard. So they get outlawed. In a sense, anything that is abused can become negative for not only yourself but the people around you. You are simply adding more opinion and no facts to your statements which makes everything you say a moot point.

If you can't see the importance of personal choice above anything else in your article I seriously doubt that you know how the world works. How would you feel if people started telling you MK should be illegal because of violence and what not?
It wasn't my article. Also, if you had actually read what I wrote I simply stated that THE ARTICLE focused on people who don't understand how the world works. Not that all pot smokers don't understand. Hell, Carl Sagan was pro-pot, and the man was a genius. You didn't see him at giant meetings in front of city hall holding a banner with a giant pot leaf while smoking a blunt though. It's just that there are thousands of legal problems with legalizing maryjane now that it has been illegal for so long. First the mental barrier of it being a 'drug' and is 'a gateway drug to cocaine or heroin" has to be removed. Then the legal battle really begins.

edit- Chaosphere speaks all truths. Kudos for that.

Panque

Random foreign guy

actually i'm a proud atheist and I drink a lot, believe it or not. I've also helped loads of friends of mine who do use drugs (Helping in the watching out for cops way). Nice catch there warrior of the Internetz. Drugs are even more stupid when you act like you are superior cuz you used them. You are so weak you can't even think about how stupid drugs are without calling someone who points that out a pussy church goer. I have a VERY open mind, your mind that got closed after you discovered how "great" drugs are. I do think that alcohol is stupid too tho. It's just that being stupid is usually a good experience. Guess thats what so great with drugs huh? I personally don't care, if I can still achieve it with legal stuff, why would I bother tying?

Funny thing that the guy who bashes me without knowing shit about my life Is calling me an close-minded pussy. What a [ban incoming].

Also, nice pic. Really made up for your lack of logical thought.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
actually i'm a proud atheist and I drink a lot, believe it or not. I've also helped loads of friends of mine who do use drugs (Helping in the watching out for cops way). Nice catch there warrior of the Internetz. Drugs are even more stupid when you act like you are superior cuz you used them. You are so weak you can't even think about how stupid drugs are without calling someone who points that out a pussy church goer. I have a VERY open mind, your mind that got closed after you discovered how "great" drugs are. I do think that alcohol is stupid too tho. It's just that being stupid is usually a good experience. Guess thats what so great with drugs huh? I personally don't care, if I can still achieve it with legal stuff, why would I bother tying?

Funny thing that the guy who bashes me without knowing shit about my life Is calling me an close-minded pussy. What a [ban incoming].

Also, nice pic. Really made up for your lack of logical thought.
Epic troll is epic.

Dude. I never once saw septic call you out personally for your views in his post. He was speaking in harsh, cynical generalizations most likely with a touch of hyperbole, for emphasis. The point, was to point out blind dismissal and judgment of things that people are completely ignorant of, yet choose to speak about any way. I'm not judging you here dude, but shit, don't be that guy that has to take what someone says in an open forum and make it about you so you can be in the conversation. No one likes that guy. Just have fun and learn here like the rest of us. Sober, drunk, stoned, athiest, polythiest, we all just wanna play MK. BTW, you get the game yet?

Sasuga

Noob
You are simply adding to my statement about people who don't understand how the world works. There are negative side effects to smoking Marijuana. Like you said, it has nothing to do with being healthy or unhealthy. Just like you find it's a personal choice to take it or not, many others feel it effects the people around you. You can't argue against facts with opinion. Neither side will win.
The only people who I've ever heard complain about the side effects of my weed-smoking habit were people who were blatantly against it. And for that reason only. I had my step-father complain about how he got headaches from the smell (him being an alcoholic and at that time, a heavy smoker, but hey) and had me smoking outside, even in the middle of the winter. You act as if those side effects are fact but they do not even exist in a way that is necessarily only true for usage of weed. Ive experienced such side effects with the alcohol usage of my stepfather when he turned violent. There are undoubtedly people who can experience the negative side effects of people playing violent video games, especially those who believe video games are evil. I can experience the negative side effects of people having the freedom of having kids as much as they want, resulting in overpopulation and I can experience the side effects of people who want to deny others their freedom just because there are others who can't take the responsibility do deserve it. I can go on like this all day. That how freedom works. We have to share the same space on a single planet and what one does affects another, both negatively and positively. Where I stand, no-one else can stand, the air I breath, no-one else can breath. Every step that I take towards a goal diminishes the chances for another to accomplish that same goal. There are many people who cannot deal with freedom responsibly, but that cannot be a reason to deny others the right to their freedom. But now I, a former stoner and responsible drug user, am explaining the essence of freedom and probably life to a sober, smart person who has the facts supporting he 'knows how stuff works'.

If you wish to be free from the negative side effects of all that is human, feel free to lock yourself in and never set a foot outside again.

One person ruins it for everyone. Extacy and Acid were both created by the government as helpful 'drugs'. Humans learned to abuse them, and they became a hazard. So they get outlawed. In a sense, anything that is abused can become negative for not only yourself but the people around you. You are simply adding more opinion and no facts to your statements which makes everything you say a moot point.
If you would take everything that could be abused and make it against the law there would be nothing left. Everything can be abused. How about every single piece of technology being used in warfare. Einstein didn't come up with e=mc^2 for people to make atom-bombs, and as such Hoffman didn't discover LSD for people to abuse it (get your 'facts' straight about government having created it) and indeed, MDMA wasn't created for people to abuse it. There's always gonna people abusing stuff just because they feel they can.

This argument holds for just about anything. You can use anything to cause damage to another. It is not the thing that is abused that is the cause of evil, it is the way people deal with it. It's is the will to abuse or the lack of will to be considerate, be respectfull or the be responsible.

It wasn't my article. Also, if you had actually read what I wrote I simply stated that THE ARTICLE focused on people who don't understand how the world works. Not that all pot smokers don't understand. Hell, Carl Sagan was pro-pot, and the man was a genius. You didn't see him at giant meetings in front of city hall holding a banner with a giant pot leaf while smoking a blunt though. It's just that there are thousands of legal problems with legalizing maryjane now that it has been illegal for so long. First the mental barrier of it being a 'drug' and is 'a gateway drug to cocaine or heroin" has to be removed. Then the legal battle really begins.
This I agree with you. But it is only because it has been placed in a "bad", "criminal" and "evil" perspective by the ones who just didn't want others to use it. People against drugs have to keep making stuff up to make a point that does not exist. They tell you they know how stuff works which in turn people believe so they too can deny others their freedom because 'that's not how stuff works'. In the NL, where I'm from we are actually well on our way. I can remember when it was allowed to smoke tobacco on the train. But if I wanted to smoke a joint i could. I would sometimes ask the other people in the cabin if they were okay with it before I smoked and there were never objections. You can't smoke on trains anymore though.

I don't have to read what anti-drug people have to say. There is nothing in this world that can prove my way of living is wrong. In the same way there is no proof or a single fact that shows you you're living live the way it's supposed to. Even if there are somehow facts that do so, they cannot be proven. There may be numerous cases and researces that prove how bad smoking is, it is not a proof that one should not smoke. I don't come up with facts for the simple reason that they have nothing to do with this. What fact were you expecting anyway, to proof that drugs should be illegal? What do the facts that Chaosphere posted actually tell you??

Dude, seriously. You have no clue what you are talking about. You must be either religious or in another way mentally impaired. There will never be a sane person, who responsibly used any kind of drugs that will tell another they are bad. I hope for your sake you will never find out 'how stuff works'.

Go back to sleep.

Panque

Random foreign guy
Epic troll is epic.

Dude. I never once saw septic call you out personally for your views in his post. He was speaking in harsh, cynical generalizations most likely with a touch of hyperbole, for emphasis. The point, was to point out blind dismissal and judgment of things that people are completely ignorant of, yet choose to speak about any way. I'm not judging you here dude, but shit, don't be that guy that has to take what someone says in an open forum and make it about you so you can be in the conversation. No one likes that guy. Just have fun and learn here like the rest of us. Sober, drunk, stoned, athiest, polythiest, we all just wanna play MK. BTW, you get the game yet?

appreciate you trying to pacify things, but take a look at this:
Panque said:
It's not stupid like cigs (At least it does something!) and not as much of a killer as alcohol is, but it still sounds pretty dumb to me. It's not like my life is perfect, far from it, but I see no sense in getting high all the time.But then again, just do whatever you guys want to.
heiukaTmyTatoozImBadassUthavirgin said:
Even worse are these turds that say things like, "I think drugs are stupid but I mean, do whatever you want". What a pussy thing to say
Sorry beef, not making it about me here. Just dropped my opinion (Shouldn't have, since people won't think about it, just call me a virgin turd). What I would like to point out is I don't hate weed. In fact I believe it should be legal (Not many hopes tho). Hell, I have tons of stoner friends. But the guy just goes there and assume Im a Christian pussy. How nice of him huh? I could ignore him since he doesn't have the balls to "Call me personally", but im not that guy.

If someone wants to say im wrong for thinking drugs are stupid, im perfectly ok and willing to discuss about it. But the guy just clearly wanted to bash me there and didn't even tried to realize my point.

Also, sorry for Trying to join your conversation, i was feeling lonely in my lake of misery :(. Are you for real man? I think im being judged because of the number of posts I have. Real sad. It's not like im a 13 years old random kid.

And yeah, the game arrived, but I don't have the console yet. damn. should arrive this week tho.

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
It's great, helps my KotH rage. lol@ drug war debate whenever the opprotunity even remotely arises. People who never smoke or drink ever have made a personal choice that probably will positively effect their health in the long run, good for them. Preachy holier-than-thou assholes who assume I'm an idiot because I smoke pot are more than welcome to slam their dick in a car door.

Panque

Random foreign guy
While we are here, never said people are stupid because they smoke weed, Just that smoking weed is stupid (we all do stupid stuff). But enough with the explaining. If someone still thinks i'm trying to be the anti-drug hero here and refuses to read my thoughts on the subject, this someone can go jump off a cliff for all I care.

SZSR

Noob
Guys, i'm no mod, but what's the point in the personal/religious attacks? I thought this was talking about pot in relation to how it affects MK in your life, this should be a fun thread, not a fighting one.

Panque

Random foreign guy
But the guy just goes there and assume Im a Christian pussy. How nice of him huh?
Sorry if this offended anyone, but it really isn't what it sounds like. If you want, take a look at post #64 and you will understand.

Reedoms

Noob
Smoke_MK9 said:
It is a disgrace a weed smoking topic is in a MK Forum. Anyone who does it is a disgrace and are just slowly destroying their selves.
Same can be said of anything.