What's new

Stock Market Fall Classic Edition: Isn't it actually summer?

Crathen

Death is my business
No one is saying he's bad, but it comes down to one question. Is he better than x character? Do you really think he's better than Superman, Aquaman, Black Adam, or Wonder Woman?

You're asking yourself the wrong question.

The question is , how many characters he shits on? This should be applied to the whole top 10 and in a game like Injustice it's mainly about 1-2 moves that polarizes certain matchups.

I'm not asking to nerf them to the ground , slight nerfs on those specific tools is what could benefit the game balance.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
superman is top 5 but people still dont wanna deal with blocking zoning lol...

BA has one bad MU, wonderwoman.

Learning how to deal with the zoning is just one part of it. There is still a pretty large hurdle to climb against him. He's not the all powerful S+++ tier character that people make him out to be, but he is still easy top 3.

Didn't know that BA lost to Wonder Woman, but I don't know that match-up at all. That being said he is still definitely top 3.

Aquaman is easy top 5 for obvious reasons

I still stand by my claim that Wonder Woman is top 5.

EDIT: Forgot to Batman in the list lol. I think he is #5 below those 4.

RM Truth

You're asking yourself the wrong question.

The question is , how many characters he shits on? This should be applied to the whole top 10 and in a game like Injustice it's mainly about 1-2 moves that polarizes certain matchups.

I'm not asking to nerf them to the ground , slight nerfs on those specific tools is what could benefit the game balance.

All the other characters I listed blow just as many characters as Batman, and a couple even beat each other.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Learning how to deal with the zoning is just one part of it. There is still a pretty large hurdle to climb against him. He's not the all powerful S+++ tier character that people make him out to be, but he is still easy top 3.

Didn't know that BA lost to Wonder Woman, but I don't know that match-up at all. That being said he is still definitely top 3.

Aquaman is easy top 5 for obvious reasons

I still stand by my claim that Wonder Woman is top 5.
i agree with all of that but superman is simply meter building zoning and f23, nothing else.

and hopefully the corner damage and trait glitches are fixed

Crathen

Death is my business
3 bats + interactable = KF slide or catwoman b3 into combo

Double jump to avoid interactbles with splash damage that you probably weren't throwing to hit him with, but mainly remove his option of throwing it at you

huge range on a +b3 into his non-existant 50/50

Who isn't fuzzy guarding b11 and b23.

A hard knockdown setup. Lol

His good but you guys overrate him just like you did Killer Frost and are still not learning
KF slide or CW b3 on reaction to him throwing his bats? Fullscreen? Nope.

He can double jump them tho for no meter , what does Lex / Bane / Joker / GL / Lobo yadayada do about them in the neutral game?Get hit.

Frame advantage on b3 means more than a free 50/50 , are non 50/50 characters useless?

B2xxcall bats into b11 is a shanennigan i've seen work multiple times in tournament when everyone stand blocks the b(2)3.

A hard knowdown setup with good frame advantage wich he luckily has.

He's good and he has matchup polarizing tools , can't he be more reasonable while keeping him good?

Crathen

Death is my business
All the other characters I listed blow just as many characters as Batman, and a couple even beat each other.
That's why i'd like all of them SLIGHTLY toned down on those certain aspects , low tiers would be more viable.

Let's get over this tho. Great Stock Market as always , some of those lines are godlike.

RM Truth

That's why i'd like all of them SLIGHTLY toned down on those certain aspects , low tiers would be more viable.

Just so I'm clear, all the reasons you just listed in your last post are spot on. Batman is a great character, and should not really be downplayed at all. That being said, I feel people really overestimate how good his tools are, and I think both he, and the rest of the top tiers are fine the way they are. I would rather we buff the low tiers to be able to compete with them better, then to nerf top tiers, although for some MUs, that's impossible due to how they play out.

RM Truth

i agree with all of that but superman is simply meter building zoning and f23, nothing else.

and hopefully the corner damage and trait glitches are fixed

That's true, but that's like saying that Kabal is simply meter building zoning with IAGB, and NDC cancelled block strings. Yeah that's all he really is, but it's so good that it's all he really needs. Maybe Superman isn't as dumb as Kabal, but you get what I mean. Like I said though, I don't have a problem with him the way he is, just stating my reasons for why I think he is above Batman.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
That's true, but that's like saying that Kabal is simply meter building zoning with IAGB, and NDC cancelled block strings. Yeah that's all he really is, but it's so good that it's all he really needs. Maybe Superman isn't as dumb as Kabal, but you get what I mean. Like I said though, I don't have a problem with him the way he is, just stating my reasons for why I think he is above Batman.
yes but youre not forced to walk, youre dashing in everytime you duck or block a laser, most chars only need 2 dashes to get in your face, people give superman too much credit, they see kdz doing his stuff and dont realise that KDZ is the one being smart and not superman being a good zoner, people still block high lasers.

haketh

Noob
Everytime I see someone block a high lazer for no goddamn reason die a bit inside. Epseically if it's a Deathstroke.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing

He can double jump them tho for no meter , what does Lex / Bane / Joker / GL / Lobo yadayada do about them in the neutral game?Get hit.

Frame advantage on b3 means more than a free 50/50 , are non 50/50 characters useless?

B2xxcall bats into b11 is a shanennigan i've seen work multiple times in tournament when everyone stand blocks the b(2)3.

He's good and he has matchup polarizing tools , can't he be more reasonable while keeping him good?
Does it have to be on reaction. In the heat of battle then

If the character does not have a 50/50 and they've put you in blockstun, how are they opening you up?

b2 into trait b11 is still easily blocked if your looking for it and it probably won't be hitting people in tournaments for much longer.

His a good character similar to GL (-the otgs) which are only really good because most characters in the game don't really excel in anything. Nerf him like KF, i don't use him and it would just make the matchup less hassle

RM Truth

yes but youre not forced to walk, youre dashing in everytime you duck or block a laser, most chars only need 2 dashes to get in your face, people give superman too much credit, they see kdz doing his stuff and dont realise that KDZ is the one being smart and not superman being a good zoner, people still block high lasers.

Agreed. Superman is also a character people give too much credit too. The only character I feel deserves the upplay that he gets is Black Adam.

EDIT: Getting too much credit doesn't change the fact he is still really good.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

People complain about how hard Batman is to fight, I beat every other Batman player I play with or without Batman. He is decent but he has his obvious holes and weaknesses. I wouldn't put him in top 3 haha. Probably #5 or #6 which isn't Stier
haha most people suck with him, you on the other hand a great player, when the character is used by a great player we get to see what he is really capable of, and quite honestly hes cheap lol

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm

A word on his +B3:

B3 is +12 on block. He can't do much of anything off of it. B1 doesn't reach, standing 1 strings don't reach. F2 does. B2 does. Throws don't even reach after blocked b3 mid-screen.

Again, mid-screen, he can't get much off his +F3, either. It's +8, in case you were wondering. Be could get a B23, a jump, and that's about it. Everything else doesn't reach.

His options are: Release bats into a jump, throw, or b11. Maybe 1,2, come to think of it.
Non re-lease bats options: F2, jump, B23. Everything else doesn't reach.

B3 is great, no doubt. But it isn't as ridiculous as say...I don't know...Deathstroke's F3, which can cross up, is +1o on block(I could be wrong,) and leads to a legit 50/50 of B2(Which in and of itself can lead to a full combo with F22 MB F3 into whatever, or a overhead/low of B22/low shots, or B22, Blade Spin) or B1, U2 into a full combo.

Let's keep this in perspective, all right?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Let me be more clear: I'm not saying his F3 and B3 aren't good. They're great when used properly. But they're not NEARLY as damning and difficult to deal with as you're making them out to be.

Crathen

Death is my business
A word on his +B3:

B3 is +12 on block. He can't do much of anything off of it. B1 doesn't reach, standing 1 strings don't reach. F2 does. B2 does. Throws don't even reach after blocked b3 mid-screen.

Again, mid-screen, he can't get much off his +F3, either. It's +8, in case you were wondering. Be could get a B23, a jump, and that's about it. Everything else doesn't reach.

His options are: Release bats into a jump, throw, or b11. Maybe 1,2, come to think of it.
Non re-lease bats options: F2, jump, B23. Everything else doesn't reach.

B3 is great, no doubt. But it isn't as ridiculous as say...I don't know...Deathstroke's F3, which can cross up, is +1o on block(I could be wrong,) and leads to a legit 50/50 of B2(Which in and of itself can lead to a full combo with F22 MB F3 into whatever, or a overhead/low of B22/low shots, or B22, Blade Spin) or B1, U2 into a full combo.

Let's keep this in perspective, all right?
Yeah i'm not saying it's OP , it's a good move wich shouldn't be touched , the best part about it is the range ( and the ability to MB ) , being +12 grants b23 on block , once established they have to block then you can j2 , walk up b1 whatever.

Batman player also keep ignoring that if the opponent crouch blocks b3 there is no pushback.