What's new

Tech 'Stick Around! Get it?' Nightwing Combo Thread (1.06 and on)

Noob
Ok guys i need your help i found something out that in theory would be pretty usefull but i cant test it anyfurther atm since you know work and blahblah....

so this is in retrospective of all that input and reversal tech in the corner that came up sometime ago... now i dunno if this was found back then but atleast i couldnt find any reference to this specific one, so let me explain...

i started out with a combo that i could start mid screen and take my opponent all the way to the corner with some pretty decent dmg so i want with the following...
J2 F213 EF F3 J2 F213 EF D2 EF 113 = 40%
norm is after this combo i go for a mixup setup usually a Spark cancel to MB flipkick or your tipical setups we all know and love but by accident i missed the input and my Spark didnt come out and i did just a normal forward dash after 113, now this seems pretty standard but it so happens that the character wakeup was actually reversed (Zods Fanthom strike on this instance) now after this i managed to replicate this situation 3 times... out of A LOT of more times i tried so this leaves me to conclude 1 of 2 things either i suck and im not doing this currectly wish i doubt it... or the window for the dash to actually reverse the opponent is very very small... true i didnt have tha tmuch time to test it out but if any of you guys want to give it a go... i also managed to do with with a Standing 3 after the 113 but it seemed a lot harder to do so... take your pick in trying them out.

also the old set up explained by Sajam was pretty nice and still very viable, but a escrima only way to do this would be usefull i think.. you guys let me know

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Dashing after 113 I think was already known. Atleast, i knew, except I would spark cancel it. Without spark cancel may be new. Regardless, good find.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
http://testyourmight.com/media/injustice-nightwing-50-3-bars.2924/

50% for 3 bars by @Akromaniac

I've modified the combo a bit to make it a little easier for just 1% less

For those times when you just gotta run it back.

F213xx4xxdb2MB j3 d2xxbbMB j3 1 bf3 - 49% 3 bars escrima starter

J2 1f1 db2 MB j3 d2xxbbMB j3 1 bf3 - 52% for 3 bars staff

I've also been looking into combos that build as much meter as possible, I'm also adopting a bit more of a patient playstyle that will allow me to play a bit more safely while building meter.

GuamoKun OP these combos pls

NightwingDayZero

(Corner Staff)

j2, 2, B3, UB2, 3, D2, 4, df2, d2, df2, 113 (41%)
I like this combo. I like the way it looks, I like the meter that it builds.

However, for just one bar:

J2 2 11111 d2 db3 MB d2 db3 - 50%

Nightwing hits like a truck in the corner - and landing a standing 2 is not hard when you have the right spacing. I really, really like that combo - every time I see you Midwest guys use it I lose my shit. I just can't justify not spending the bar in that situation. My whole gameplan is getting my opponent to the corner for those big damage combos.

Also, we, as a community - need to talk about Escrima fury MB and how under only the rarest of circumstances it should ever be used. Until I see people reaching 44-45% with Escrima Fury MB, I'm seriously doubting its effectiveness as a Meter Spending special. Am I wrong? Help me out.

NightwingDayZero

But the B3 can hit, cause I landed it a few times, I just don't know the proper timing for it, and I just wanna learn it for some good meterless damage
You have to hold forward for a split second after Escrima Fury and then b3. This is very, very difficult timing and spacing. I applaud anyone who puts in the work. In a tournament setting - I would never use it. Then again, I haven't practiced it nearly enough.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.

Nightwing hits like a truck in the corner - and landing a standing 2 is not hard when you have the right spacing. I really, really like that combo - every time I see you Midwest guys use it I lose my shit. I just can't justify not spending the bar in that situation. My whole gameplan is getting my opponent to the corner for those big damage combos.

Also, we, as a community - need to talk about Escrima fury MB and how under only the rarest of circumstances it should ever be used. Until I see people reaching 44-45% with Escrima Fury MB, I'm seriously doubting its effectiveness as a Meter Spending special. Am I wrong? Help me out.
MB EF is good midscreen because NW gets that carry. I Believe I take 43% let me check. yup so midscreen. j2,f213,EF MB, B3, j3, f213, EF, j3 wing ding (45% 42% without jump in)

gpmoney

Ive uploaded this like 400000 times and it will not upload in HD like everything else so fuck it lol

some footage from last sunday. More to come once we get this editing done

Joker's Shoes

Now Simply Extraordinaire
Is it just me or does MB Flip Kick only allow for a follow up B3 if it was done after F213? Seems like if I just use MB Flip Kick raw the B3 doesn't connect and a follow up combo doesn't land.

The hell was that corner combo at 2:17?

gpmoney

Is it just me or does MB Flip Kick only allow for a follow up B3 if it was done after F213? Seems like if I just use MB Flip Kick raw the B3 doesn't connect and a follow up combo doesn't land.

The hell was that corner combo at 2:17?
wooow I never saw this in my alerts lol sorry. it was B3, j2, f213, EF, d2, EF, 113

Noob
J2, 2, j2, d2, MB groundpoumd, b3, j2, 1, flying grayson. 45% 1 bar (staff)
yo bro i was testing for a way to aliviate the decay just before the flying grayson seying as if you dont perform the combo on the perfect timing the flying grayson will whiff i think you can use D2 and the dmg still tops at 45% and the flying grayson connects fully with no chance for miss let me put the anotations here for better understading...

J2,2,J2,D2, MB GP, B3,J2,D2 FG

this for ppl that play offline both ways are good but for those that intent to do this combo online specially in more harsh connections i advice the D2 version

Hope this is helpfull

Noob
Small variation on the corner combos in staff we have so far:

J2,2,111,D2, GP MB,D2, Db3 MB,D2, Db3 : 2 bars 51%

Noob
Sorry for so many posts in a row but i got something interesting here it needs further testing but so far seems to work exacly like the anti wake up tech found by TakeAChance but this version is complity in staff mode and comes with a 42% combo, Anotations:

J2,2,J2,D2, MB Gp, B3, J2, D2, Groundpound

after the groundpound wait just enouth for them to fall down on the ground and do another groundpound MB and there you have it, it nulifies wakeup options...

So far all those that Change experiemented with work exacly the same and with the same principle in mind...

Note this can be tech rolled but if they do they will still get opponent up from the Mb Gp.
This can simply be blocked like any normal MB Gp so yeah... but its something to keep in mind for those wakeup friendly ppl

Hope this is usefull and sorry i dont have any means of recording it but im pretty sure that if someone here finds this good they will record just to have visual aid... Let me know if you have any problems with the tech or its not working for you.

Noob
Let me have a look here ill confirm now
Hmmm seems character specific, tried with Lobo,Zod and he cant jump it after tech Roll...but be can block in the between frames from rolling to jumping, maybe faster jumping characters can avoid it.

but you dont have to comit to the MB GP since you can visually confirm if he techrolls or does a wakeup, by doing a normal GP and decide after seeing what option your opponent took if you want to MB it or not... but ill give it more testing time see if i can find some options for those characters that can jump out of it...

Wich character did you use to test the jump?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Hmmm seems character specific, tried with Lobo,Zod and he cant jump it after tech Roll...but be can block in the between frames from rolling to jumping, maybe faster jumping characters can avoid it.

but you dont have to comit to the MB GP since you can visually confirm if he techrolls or does a wakeup, by doing a normal GP and decide after seeing what option your opponent took if you want to MB it or not... but ill give it more testing time see if i can find some options for those characters that can jump out of it...

Wich character did you use to test the jump?

Joker. Tech Roll Nj.

Depending on the timing sometimes he would get hit if he jumped forwards or backwards, but if he jumped backwards you have no combo op other than a grayson.

You can however end the combo in sweep. Only thing is that you are left at a position farther back than the escrima setup which means your only option will be to pound or not pound. It works against jumps, but some wakeups that get beat in the other setup will work here (MMH teleport etc)

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I was practicing that corner combo on my stream about a week ago, and it's actually way easier than almost any other variation of his corner bnbs.

That's probably what I'll be doing in most situations now.

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
Here's a mid screen corner carry combo that ends in a hard knockdown

f213 x Escrima fury MB, b3, j3, f21 Escrima fury, 223 (38%)

gpmoney

Here's a mid screen corner carry combo that ends in a hard knockdown

f213 x Escrima fury MB, b3, j3, f21 Escrima fury, 223 (38%)
f213,Escrima fury MB, b3, j3, f213, EF, d2, ef, 113 41%
or
f213 x Escrima fury MB, f3, j3, f213, ef, d2, ef, 113 41%