What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

SinkFla

Noob
SteamDB leaks ain't ever been wrong in the history of ever. I don't need no source to tell ya that. But yeah for those folks still somehow holding on, its time to give up the act. Accept the fact that known great character Kotal Kahn is returning, and your weak and pitiful favourites who are not in the game died to further his glory.
LOL! I gotta say I can't fucking wait for the Kotal vs. Shao matches. That shit right there is godlike and makes me happy in itself that Kotal is in.

Kollector is a real character. Friend was apprehensive about saying much more than that but he did let one thing slip that I don't wanna just flippantly throw out there (he's a cool guy and I respect him enough not to). I'll just say he's somewhat of a twist on a certain *type* of character that debuted in MK3.
This sounds like either a new shokan or cyborg, and seeing as you ruled out shokan above... Never considered it, but a new cyborg is an interesting prospect. And if that's what KOL is, it's nice that NRS is not passing up the chance to let us customize our own battle bot thanks to MK11's gear system.

CET (full name unknown, ends in N?) is a brand new female monsterish (non human) character. Through my own dumbass investigating and acknowledgement that Boon and co love taking mythologies of different cultures, I believe her name and possible visual style has something to do with Ceto of Greek Mythology. Considering Geras and Kronika are both names based in GM it makes sense to me. Release the Kraken!!(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceto)

Frost has been completely revamped. What that means I don't know.
I read these same things on gamefaqs.

Noob is in and sauce's sauce is pretty positive that he is base roster and not DLC, and that NRS are incredibly proud of his new design. Hype.

ST is in but they're going to keep him under wraps until launch because his inclusion is supposed to be a big fucking deal.

No other info on Rain but don't give up hope. Even with steamdb leak there's still a few slots.
But Rain doesn't have much chance if Noob and ST are both in. There are only two spots left, and that's if Shao Kahn's slot hasn't been added yet. All three only fit if the game has secret characters, which was mentioned in an interview but in a not terribly convincing fashion.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Somehow full exosuit Jacqui would be twice as sick. So still a little less sick than Shang, but pretty sick all things considered.

SinkFla

Noob
Not sure. All I was told was that they didn't want to reveal him until the very end, at launch reveal if possible (let's be honest he will leak before that). Of course there's the whole rumor about Cary doing the voice/likeness thing but he didn't comment on that. Just said that they are playing this one closer to the chest than they ever have with other boss characters in the past.

And to @Lord Greyjoy
In regards to Rain, I personally think making Noob a dlc character is a total business savvy move as let's be honest everyone is going to buy him LMAO. However this guy was pretty certain he's in base roster. He didn't really know anything/heard anything about Rain but the reason I've always been dead set on him being base is because of that "Konquer" menu picture. Someone else pointed out that it could be deceptive, and it could be a younger human Kotal (look at the hair) but that's not my idea nor opinion. And can you show me the gamefaqs thing? I'm gonna laugh/cry if that's where this guy got his info. Lol. Like I said there's 3 different ppl here and the CET thing and Frost revamp both came from him.

Edit: out of all things I put most stock in based on how well I know the people, I would definitely put most of my confidence into the Kollector information.

01011001 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101000 01100101 00100111 01110011 00100000 01100001 00100000 01000011 01111001 01100010 01101111 01110010 01100111

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
01011001 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101000 01100101 00100111 01110011 00100000 01100001 00100000 01000011 01111001 01100010 01101111 01110010 01100111
"Yes he's a cyborg" in binary.

I still don't put much money on this Grievous character.

I guess the name Kollector would be fitting for a cyborg version of that bug that uses the corpses of his victims and adds them to its body, maybe some IA feasted on the cyber Lin Kuei remains... but I'd still prefer Sektor and Cyrax on their own, we just had a cyborgs amalgalm.

SinkFla

Noob
"Yes he's a cyborg" in binary.

I still don't put much money on this Grievous character.

I guess the name Kollector would be fitting for a cyborg version of that bug that uses the corpses of his victims and adds them to its body, maybe some IA feasted on the cyber Lin Kuei remains... but I'd still prefer Sektor and Cyrax on their own, we just had a cyborgs amalgalm.
Lol Grievas. Remember the 4 arm thing never came from the guy who told me about it. That was another poster adding in what they said they heard.

But yeah I would much rather have Sektor or Cyrax but in all honesty who knows, this character might be cool? All he said was that this cyborg was a lot different from those.

Edit: and damn you for spoiling the fun :(.

Edit 2: yeah the weapon thing is the other guy too.

vapid

cyber warlord
I don't buy any of these alleged rumours, although I do take the Steam leak at face value, which confirms Erron, Frost, Jade, Jacqui and Kotal.

I hope that Shang Tsung is in, and we do need a sorcerer character, but I think it'd be total bullshit if Noob was DLC. He needs to be on the main roster.

SinkFla

Noob
I don't buy any of these alleged rumours, although I do take the Steam leak at face value, which confirms Erron, Frost, Jade, Jacqui and Kotal.

I hope that Shang Tsung is in, and we do need a sorcerer character, but I think it'd be total bullshit if Noob was DLC. He needs to be on the main roster.
The hardest thing to swallow about them all is how good they all sound lol. Like getting ST, Noob and a new Borg are all things that would be totally ideal. All the rumors could very well be BS and like I said the only rumor I really trust is the Kollector info. The others were told to me but I don't know those dudes very well.

Noob being DLC would suck but deep in your heart you know it's totally a Boon thing to do.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Shao Kahn is a sorceror. In fact he is the strongest one of them all. However he knows that muscles > magic so he never really shows it off.

vapid

cyber warlord
The hardest thing to swallow about them all is how good they all sound lol. Like getting ST, Noob and a new Borg are all things that would be totally ideal. All the rumors could very well be BS and like I said the only rumor I really trust is the Kollector info. The others were told to me but I don't know those dudes very well.

Noob being DLC would suck but deep in your heart you know it's totally a Boon thing to do.
Why do you trust the Kollector thing, and who told you it?

I've heard it mentioned across several videos and posts, and yet the only confirmed source seems to be the _KOL tag on the Steam leak. That means nothing. If you were going to come to any sort of logical conclusion from _KOL it would either be that it's a new character (no other info available) OR it's a hint at Shang Tsung (collecting souls) - but again, that's pure speculation.

On the basis that the Steam leak is probably legit, there's no reason to assume NRS would use coded tags for 3 characters but obvious ones for the rest, so on that basis I will assume KOL, CET and TER are all new characters.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
About the alleged noob redesign (that NRS is proud of) I did already wonder whether the new blood-tech could be used as Noob’s “goop”. Some awesome visuals could now be possible with Saibot.

Re KOL = a cyborg. Hopefully. Gotta have a ‘borg nowadays.

vapid

cyber warlord
Shao Kahn is a sorceror. In fact he is the strongest one of them all. However he knows that muscles > magic so he never really shows it off.
True, but I don't think anyone really classes him as a sorcerer type character. Like you say, he's a very physical fighter and his moveset revolves around his size/strength and his hammer/spear. He doesn't really use projectiles or summon anything. When I think of sorcerer I think of Shang or Quan, not Shao Kahn.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
True, but I don't think anyone really classes him as a sorcerer type character. Like you say, he's a very physical fighter and his moveset revolves around his size/strength and his hammer/spear. He doesn't really use projectiles or summon anything. When I think of sorcerer I think of Shang or Quan, not Shao Kahn.
He is their superior.. Also he has a lot of projectiles..

SinkFla

Noob
Why do you trust the Kollector thing, and who told you it?

I've heard it mentioned across several videos and posts, and yet the only confirmed source seems to be the _KOL tag on the Steam leak. That means nothing. If you were going to come to any sort of logical conclusion from _KOL it would either be that it's a new character (no other info available) OR it's a hint at Shang Tsung (collecting souls) - but again, that's pure speculation.

On the basis that the Steam leak is probably legit, there's no reason to assume NRS would use coded tags for 3 characters but obvious ones for the rest, so on that basis I will assume KOL, CET and TER are all new characters.
Only reason I trust the Kollector thing is because the person who told me didn't just drop info to me randomly in a big unannounced dump at the start of a convo (that person is the one who mentioned the other shit, namely noob and ST). They've alluded to it previously but finally let that small detail (cyborg) slip somewhere after a few weeks of chatting. They almost revealed that before but was apprehensive about getting anyone in trouble. I obviously can't mention who but they are a member here and if they want to chime in they can but again, I'm trying to respect their anonymity. Now mind you this is second hand info that they're pretty sure is legit because the person has been right with them before but I personally have not seen any evidence and I don't know the originating sauce. So it could end up being BS, which is why I included that disclaimer in my original post. Same person also said KOL is not a coded name for ST and didn't know much on that end, it was who I will refer to as info dump guy who shared that.

Edit: Kollector guy also said he knew more about the character but didn't share. I didn't press.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
About the alleged noob redesign (that NRS is proud of) I did already wonder whether the new blood-tech could be used as Noob’s “goop”. Some awesome visuals could now be possible with Saibot.

Re KOL = a cyborg. Hopefully. Gotta have a ‘borg nowadays.
This is the most important thing about Noob for me. I hope he keeps the goop effects for his klones. My dream move for him to have now is like a Glacius style liquidize where he turns into a puddle to avoid projectiles and help his counter zoning

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Only reason I trust the Kollector thing is because the person who told me didn't just drop info to me randomly in a big unannounced dump at the start of a convo (that person is the one who mentioned the other shit, namely noob and ST). They've alluded to it previously but finally let that small detail (cyborg) slip somewhere after a few weeks of chatting. They almost revealed that before but was apprehensive about getting anyone in trouble. I obviously can't mention who but they are a member here and if they want to chime in they can but again, I'm trying to respect their anonymity. Now mind you this is second hand info that they're pretty sure is legit because the person has been right with them before but I personally have not seen any evidence and I don't know the originating sauce. So it could end up being BS, which is why I included that disclaimer in my original post. Same person also said KOL is not a coded name for ST and didn't know much on that end, it was who I will refer to as info dump guy who shared that.
The person that told me about the Kollector also told me about the new crushing blows, meter system, supers, mb special inputs and name dropped Geras before the NRS email leak so I def believe him. He didnt know if he was a cyborg or not tho so really want him to be MK Grevious

SinkFla

Noob
The person that told me about the Kollector also told me about the new crushing blows, meter system, supers, mb special inputs and name dropped Geras before the NRS email leak so I def believe him. He didnt know if he was a cyborg or not tho so really want him to be MK Grevious
Goddamnit are we really getting greivous lol. Day 1 main. Go back and see what other info you can get haha.