What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
Does anyone think that the RAI could be RAIN and not RAIDEN? I think we are assuming it because he's confirmed, but you'd have to differentiate the two somehow and RAY would clearer for raiden to allow RAI to be rain. Just a thought.

Thracian_Priest

The troll awakens...
This assumes Rain is playable...

If he isn't, there's no need to reserve RAI for him.
Assuming Shang Tsung is playable, who gets the SHA acronym? SHAng or SHAo Kahn?

I feel SHA is reserved for Shao and KOL stands for soul KOLlecting Shang. I could be completely wrong tho.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Does anyone think that the RAI could be RAIN and not RAIDEN? I think we are assuming it because he's confirmed, but you'd have to differentiate the two somehow and RAY would clearer for raiden to allow RAI to be rain. Just a thought.
Rain is not confirmed. I can see that character in the menu being Rain but he could be someone else. It's not clearly him

Derwood1979

Professional Procrastinator
i could care less if people like me LOL and i was defensive ever since that guy said he hated jacqui.
if u dont like her move on. i dont like kabal but i dont bitch about him 24/7 everytime someone mentions him lmao he had one of the lowest percentage on ed's polls.
im not projecting its FACTS you guys hate her because shes one of the few black females in video games PERIOD
hate me all you want im not on this thread to make "online friends" lol im here to discuss and defend my fellow black gurl
and jade is clearly not black shes literally asian... never seen a black girl's hair that straight but ok
You're fucking stupid. The only racist around here is YOU. You have a preconception that other races are innately racist against black females. Its not about race at all. She was a stupid character, boring and bland. Also, a lot of people have awful memories of her scrub spam and dislike that as well. It has nothing to do with skin color to anyone but you. Race baiting asshole.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
One or two shitty characters *cough, Jacqui, cough* don't make a shitty roster. The roster in MK11 is decent, borderline great IMO.
Yeah, the only ones I really dislike are Jacquie and Frost, the rest rise from good to great. The problem here, after thinking about it, is the size of the roster plus the stock of awesome chars left behind the initial roster. I would have thought that with the time travel concept we would have lot of classic chars again, leaving 3D era chars for DLC (look at Tanya and BoRraiCho in MKX for example). I mean Nightwolf, Sindel, Smoke, Sheeva, Cyrax, Sektor, Noob Saibot and Stryker were waiting 8 years.

Missing too many iconic characters man. I dontd actively dislike any addition except Jacqui and borderline on Frost.
I'd argue the most noteworthy misses are Shang, Noob, Human Smoke and Rain. Those guys are very popular and if not present would be missing two games in a row (which is over a decade of MK history with these modern dev cycles). But, thankfully, at least two are likely in the base roster. And that's not to mention the DLC releases.

People are overblowing this issue. They expect the entire Trilogy cast to keep coming back and that's just an unrealistic expectation.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDM

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Yes, my favourites are Sareena, Moloch, Ashrah, Darrius, Dairou, Jarek, Kai, Kira, Kobra, and Li Mei. Where are all my fan favourites, Boon!? Why does he hate me? :((
Awww buddy. He doesn't hate you. Just... Well he just hates your terrible taste in characters.

Haha jk

trufenix

bye felicia
No logical programmer would needlessly fuck up his variable names for this. Rain (and nobody else whose name starts with RAI) is in the main cast.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
I’m psyched for Frost. Pretty much mained her in Deadly Alliance. Wanted her back (outside Armageddon) ever since.

Hoping for at least one of Reptile/Ermac DLC tho.

Shame about the leak, amateurish stuff from whoever's responsible. I can’t believe they coded 3rd party data without surrogate keys smfh. Sympathies to all the disappointed peeps out there tho.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Maybe I missed it in the steam stuff, but has shang been confirmed anywhere yet?
In the reveal trailer Revenant Liu Kang throws a FireSkull and as far as I know the only one throwing Fire skulls in MK history is Shang Tsun.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
This is no accident if these trophies were leaked. DIfferent company or not, they have a contract with WB/NRS to make to the PC port, and it doesn't give them the right to upload anything without the authorization or asking WB/NRS first what to upload or not. The company and its employees that makes the port have confidentiality clause to respect. And if you don't respect it, the company can lose your contract and the employees get fired. They respect it so much that none of the characters were leaked before the official announcement of the game. And let's imagine they didn't want to leak anything but had to upload the trophy informations, why did they chose this particular ID names ? They could have chosen :
"TROPHY_ID_PERFORM_2_FATALITIES_WITH_KOTAL_KAHN" but no they didn't.
Or they could have chosen
"TROPHY_ID_PERFORM_2_FATALITIES_WITH_23" : Their trophy information is uploaded and do not give any clue about what "23" refers, but the developpers would know that Kotal Kahn is represented by that number.
But no, instead they chose :
"TROPHY_ID_PERFORM_2_FATALITIES_WITH_KOT" : This is enough to give an information without saying it explicitly.

If you still think that someone messed up, why would have they release the first trophy with "[...] WITH_ERR", with people pointing it on every forum and say "OMG Erron is back" and on the very next day they'd release an extra 5 or 6 trophies ID that gives that many hints. My personnal thought about this is that they tested how the Erron hint would go, and how people would react to it, then they saw the results and they released the trophies.
Why they didn't take measures such as replacing names with numbers is beyond me as well. Seems like a pretty simple step. Otherwise, I simply don't know enough about these contracts or steam data to argue with you on that.

What convinced me was two NRS employees tweeting about being dissapointed and leaks being bad. I don't think they would put on a show if they leaked the stuff intentionally. Mistakes happen, wouldn't be the first accidental leak in history. Remember HBO spain simply uploading and unlocking one Game of Thrones episode several days early lol. But I guess we'll never know 100%.

Last edited:

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
In the reveal trailer Revenant Liu Kang throws a FireSkull and as far as I know the only one throwing Fire skulls in MK history is Shang Tsun.
I mean, until MKX the only character who had a heart laser was Hsu Hao, then NRS was like "oh by the way Kano always had one of these too, yoink!" And in gameplay, Shinnok got Shang's floor fireballs, Johnny got Noob's clones, and Kitana got Jade's... everything. So stranger things have happened.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
I just assumed it was a visual upgrade for his revenant form. Hopeful, though.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
I mean, until MKX the only character who had a heart laser was Hsu Hao, then NRS was like "oh by the way Kano always had one of these too, yoink!" And in gameplay, Shinnok got Shang's floor fireballs, Johnny got Noob's clones, and Kitana got Jade's... everything. So stranger things have happened.
There's a couple of hints that point towards Shang. The fireball is one. He has also been referenced in Ermac's MKX outro and I believe at least one other. While these aren't canon, some are hints. One menu icon shows souls like he or Ermac use flying around. And there's literally a stage namend after him, plus I read that the Neathership is another one (don't have proof for that though). While none of that is confirmation, it's a lot of hints. Before the leaks I was relatively certain he woule be in. Kinda surprised he's not there (yet).