What's new

STB Shujinkydink vs Altaire FT5 Recorded March 31st

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
He was playing the matchup all wrong the whole point of the matchup is that cyber subzero can parry out of the rune trap, but if Quan Chi reads the parry he can poke so its all a guessing game.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I wanna see altaire vs dsynkronized ft5 noob mirror.

Wemfs

I never said my Noob was great, sunshine. I suggested a noob mirror and you being you couldn't help but reply with some dickhead comment.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It's funny how everyone on TYM always remembers a series being much more favorable for them in retrospect.

Let's break this down: I played you a couple times with Cyber Sub, and absolutely bodied you. I didn't "barely overcome" shit, because you kept spamming upshadow on wakeup and I just kept jumping it early so you'd get blown the fuck up for full combos every time. When you weren't doing that, you were throwing out random-ass teleslams, which only made you even easier to beat. After that, I went to Sektor, still won. I went to Cyrax after that, who I hadn't TOUCHED in god knows how long, and still beat you; this was the closest set you had against me. I was up... I think four games, by then? Probably.

From then on, the connection suddenly got so terrible I couldn't do a damn thing. I went to Sub (at which point I should think it was obvious I was just toying with you, because that's borderline 7-3 in Noob's favor), and from the start of the first set, it was so laggy that - gasp - You could get away with spamming upshadow on wakeup, because I couldn't do the early jump to beat it anymore. That was literally the ONLY reason you were able to barely squeeze out a couple wins after that: You stopped getting blown up for using upshadow on wakeup constantly. It was too laggy to jump it, and too laggy to whiff punish it. I remember thinking "Wow, this connection is absolute ass", so I tried it with Sub once more. When I lost that one, I went to Cyber Sub, realized it was so laggy my divekicks were missing you, and after losing that one, I said fuck it and left. The connection was literally unplayable. "Four straight, losing only one round"? Get the fuck out of here. You won three, and still just barely.

We could debate the outcome of the matches all night, but since the outcome of an online match doesn't prove shit, I'll just ask you one question: Do you have any intention of coming out to an offline tournament over the next year? If so, name the tournament(s), and I'll see if we can arrange for a money match. If not, then guess what: You don't mean shit where this game is concerned. If you come out to an offline event, step up to the plate and try to beat me where it counts, then we can settle this. If not, then I'll be out entering tournaments to make a name for myself, while you're still clinging to the fact that you almost broke even with me in Shitty Online Kombat 9.

LOL get the fuck out. This was what, a month ago? Month and a half, tops? Why is it that so many of the online kids seem to think that they can just snap their fingers and undergo scrub metamorphosis in the blink of an eye? There is NO fucking way you've made any sort of dramatic improvement in that timeframe. This is the same shit TEST YOUR MIGHT tried to pull when 16 Bit put him on blast for acting like an immature prick following their matches, and TEST YOUR MIGHT just played it off like it was a lifetime ago and he's a completely different person now. He's still the same asshole he was then, and if this thread is any indication, the same could be said of you. Don't even try to tell me that you've achieved enlightenment in the past month and somehow stopped being "an underling".

No, I'm going to insult you personally over a personal problem I have with you: I don't like you. I've never met someone who better fit the description of the stereotypical internet pseudo-intellectual in my life. You try so, so hard to seem clever and witty by using the most PAINFULLY contrived literary devices I've ever seen. Just speak, fool. No one can fault you for being a tad verbose (and if anyone can, I'm probably the last man on earth who could ever lay claim to that right), but there's a difference between being verbose and waving your dick around. Every post you make can be summarized as one of the following:

1) Overly transparent attempt to seem cultured;

2) Correcting another poster with record-setting hubris (ironically being mistaken about said corrections in most cases);

3) METAPHOR METAPHOR METAPHOR WEAK ATTEMPT AT INSIGHT METAPHOR METAPHOR.

If the worst you'd ever done was irritate me with your connection in a few shitty online matches, I'd just shrug and move on with my day, but you manage to be one of the most insufferably pretentious posters on this site. When you correct someone, you make it sound as though they ought to feel so blessed for it as to kiss your fucking hand. Usually, it's done in such a manner that I'm left wondering how anyone could find the time to preach, wax poetic and jack himself off all in one sentence, like the MacGuyver of pretentious bullshit. You obviously don't know a whole hell of a lot about the game, and if you were to humbly acknowledge that, I'm sure no one would fault you. Instead, you play at greatness with your masturbatory attempts at enlightening people. The first day of Winter Brawl was about ten straight hours of you doing just that in the stream chat, and it was almost unbearable.

Bottom line: My beef with you has absolutely nothing to do with this game. Remember that.

Well, based on the fact that the topic I made on the Skarlet forums blew up to something like five pages of childish responses in well under a day, I'd say that's pretty far from the truth.

PS: Your poetry runs like the runs I get from taco bell; sorry bro.

P.S. This is how you use postscript. I'd think that a guy who goes to such lengths to flaunt his literary prowess would know that, but I guess that's how you spot a fraud.

P.P.S. Thanks for coming out.
AND ALTAIRE IS BAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKK

Altaire

Noob
I never said my Noob was great, sunshine. I suggested a noob mirror and you being you couldn't help but reply with some dickhead comment.
Probably because you tend to reply to me with dickhead comments on a regular basis, completely unprovoked. Why would you get this crazy idea that I wouldn't respond in kind? Why is it that the majority of the people I come into conflict with on TYM seem to have this strange detachment from reality?

Wemfs

Why would I be an asshole to someone for no reason? Hmmmm....

xsparklex

Banned
It's funny how everyone on TYM always remembers a series being much more favorable for them in retrospect.

We could debate the outcome of the matches all night, but since the outcome of an online match doesn't prove shit, I'll just ask you one question: Do you have any intention of coming out to an offline tournament over the next year? If so, name the tournament(s), and I'll see if we can arrange for a money match. If not, then guess what: You don't mean shit where this game is concerned. If you come out to an offline event, step up to the plate and try to beat me where it counts, then we can settle this. If not, then I'll be out entering tournaments to make a name for myself, while you're still clinging to the fact that you almost broke even with me in Shitty Online Kombat 9.

LOL get the fuck out. This was what, a month ago? Month and a half, tops? Why is it that so many of the online kids seem to think that they can just snap their fingers and undergo scrub metamorphosis in the blink of an eye? There is NO fucking way you've made any sort of dramatic improvement in that timeframe. This is the same shit TEST YOUR MIGHT tried to pull when 16 Bit put him on blast for acting like an immature prick following their matches, and TEST YOUR MIGHT just played it off like it was a lifetime ago and he's a completely different person now. He's still the same asshole he was then, and if this thread is any indication, the same could be said of you. Don't even try to tell me that you've achieved enlightenment in the past month and somehow stopped being "an underling".

No, I'm going to insult you personally over a personal problem I have with you: I don't like you. I've never met someone who better fit the description of the stereotypical internet pseudo-intellectual in my life. You try so, so hard to seem clever and witty by using the most PAINFULLY contrived literary devices I've ever seen. Just speak, fool. No one can fault you for being a tad verbose (and if anyone can, I'm probably the last man on earth who could ever lay claim to that right), but there's a difference between being verbose and waving your dick around. Every post you make can be summarized as one of the following:

1) Overly transparent attempt to seem cultured;

2) Correcting another poster with record-setting hubris (ironically being mistaken about said corrections in most cases);

3) METAPHOR METAPHOR METAPHOR WEAK ATTEMPT AT INSIGHT METAPHOR METAPHOR.

If the worst you'd ever done was irritate me with your connection in a few shitty online matches, I'd just shrug and move on with my day, but you manage to be one of the most insufferably pretentious posters on this site. When you correct someone, you make it sound as though they ought to feel so blessed for it as to kiss your fucking hand. Usually, it's done in such a manner that I'm left wondering how anyone could find the time to preach, wax poetic and jack himself off all in one sentence, like the MacGuyver of pretentious bullshit. You obviously don't know a whole hell of a lot about the game, and if you were to humbly acknowledge that, I'm sure no one would fault you. Instead, you play at greatness with your masturbatory attempts at enlightening people. The first day of Winter Brawl was about ten straight hours of you doing just that in the stream chat, and it was almost unbearable.

Bottom line: My beef with you has absolutely nothing to do with this game. Remember that.

Well, based on the fact that the topic I made on the Skarlet forums blew up to something like five pages of childish responses in well under a day, I'd say that's pretty far from the truth.

PS: Your poetry runs like the runs I get from taco bell; sorry bro.

P.S. This is how you use postscript. I'd think that a guy who goes to such lengths to flaunt his literary prowess would know that, but I guess that's how you spot a fraud.

P.P.S. Thanks for coming out.
Whether you agree or disagree Altaire, every single thing you said about Sage in the post above are the EXACT reasons that 98% of the people on this site don't like YOU. Its almost eerie... I was reading the wall of text and thinking to myself "wow this person has perfectly defined Altaire and why everyone hates him", then I saw that YOU WROTE THE POST ... I nearly pee'd my pants

xsparklex

Banned
Altaire I'm intending on taking some classes next semester and I think I may have to write a ton of essays...how much do you charge per essay?! No troll! You can blast those out in like 3 minutes.
are the classes you're taking at a community college? because if not, you'd be better off with one of those random essay generators than the purple prose trash that altaire puts out

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
rofl damn Altaire what'd you do?! You and I don't even bicker anymore and we were probably the biggest dicks to one another period.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
No cyber subzero can parry out, raiden can tele out, and johnny cage can xray out. Test all of them trust me. Btw you stopped responding to me bout casuals, what's your gamertag?
Sorry about that, my tag is STBShujinkydink.

And unfortunately you are incorrect about that information. None of those can actually happen. Online is the only place where they could get away with something like that. We have tested it thoroughly and not even cages ex nutpunch which has invicibility frames can escape it

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
Sorry about that, my tag is STBShujinkydink.

And unfortunately you are incorrect about that information. None of those can actually happen. Online is the only place where they could get away with something like that. We have tested it thoroughly and not even cages ex nutpunch which has invicibility frames can escape it
Well I guess your right being the better player here (but no by much) I just thought different. Well ya know that parry and jc xray are 2 frames while block is 3 frames and my friends have done all on me. Then again I might have done it too slow.