What's new

General/Other Stay away from aunt FLO

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Why do people think skarlet isn't good? I understand she was better before the nerf to het daggers but why is she bad?

I am returning back to her and for the life of me I don't get this. I think she is the hardest punisher in the game besides cyrax. And she does it with no meter and by sacrificing 4-6% she gets a reset that leads to block strings to build meter.

With meter she is extra deadly because she can armor through anything (full screen even) and get 30ish % into block strings that build meter back very quickly. Not only that but she can zone and by doing just 4 dagger cancels can get a full bar of meter only to use it to get right back in with an ex dagger cancel.

Her mix ups are godly because like scorp she can always go safe with a slide but can make you guess wrong and take 40% into another reset.

She is like a better version of scorp because she builds meter faster but has a vortex just like him.

So can anyone give me a good reason to stay away from aunt FLO?

Mosp

Noob
Nice to see you in another forum Fly :)

I've been using Skarlet lately as well and I think she is just an overlooked character. She seems to be able to stop zoners fairly well once you make them afraid of EX red dash they start to think twice about throwing a projectile. Also once she gets in, it is hard to get her out because of the combos ending in the 112 reset and then getting another block string into mixup. Once someone gets a top spot with her in a major which I believe is possible, more people will give "aunt FLO" the respect she deserves.

Nice to see you in another forum Fly :)

I've been using Skarlet lately as well and I think she is just an overlooked character. She seems to be able to stop zoners fairly well once you make them afraid of EX red dash they start to think twice about throwing a projectile. Also once she gets in, it is hard to get her out because of the combos ending in the 112 reset and then getting another block string into mixup. Once someone gets a top spot with her in a major which I believe is possible, more people will give "aunt FLO" the respect she deserves.
Her teleport is shit.
Her red dash can't catch kitana from far away when she does an iaf.

There's no reason to block low with her, a red slide is better than eating a downslash, which is very very punishable on block.

She is good, yes, but at the moment, NOONE knows how to fight against her, which makes her seem OP

She isn't, like i told mike. If you have raiden nightwolf and kabal, there's no reason to main skarlet.

B W1zZ

Noob
I love Skarlet, so fun to play as. Not half as bad as people make her out to be either. I'm honestly still trying to figure out exactly WHY people think she sucks? She's the second most execution heavy character in the game next to Kabal.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
EMP_Scar will be showcasing his skarlet at showdown..prob the best ive seen his pressure system and resets are really good

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
There's no reason to block low with her, a red slide is better than eating a downslash, which is very very punishable on block.
I agree. I'll eat 3 slides in a row and I won't give a fuck because then they're going to try to downslash and I'll get a free combo. It's like Kitana's f4,1/f4,b4 mixup, but easily punishable. I think Skarlet's good, but there are as many people overrating her as there are underrating her.

I agree. I'll eat 3 slides in a row and I won't give a fuck because then they're going to try to downslash and I'll get a free combo. It's like Kitana's f4,1/f4,b4 mixup, but easily punishable. I think Skarlet's good, but there are as many people overrating her as there are underrating her.
yeah, ive been fighting detroits godlike skarlet, and he knows, downslash will eat full combos.
its also okay to block her first knife, it does 0% on chip and takes like 12 of them to do 1% of chip in total

Saint

Noob
Her teleport is shit.

She is good, yes, but at the moment, NOONE knows how to fight against her, which makes her seem OP

She isn't, like i told mike. If you have raiden nightwolf and kabal, there's no reason to main skarlet.
If her teleport was any better that'd make it too good.

Her dash doesn't need to reach Kitana, again, that'd make her too good (I think her ex dash does however, even if it doesn't, one dagger will get her in). Also, she can just teleport punish your iaf to close in on you.

I think you are underestimating her a bit.

If her teleport was any better that'd make it too good.

Her dash doesn't need to reach Kitana, again, that'd make her too good (I think her ex dash does however, even if it doesn't, one dagger will get her in). Also, she can just teleport punish your iaf to close in on you.

I think you are underestimating her a bit.
No I'm not. I'm just letting people who think she's overpowered know she isn't

shes a good character but no where near top 5 or top 10

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I specifically asked mr mil because he plays her some, he is as smart as they come AND he has MU exp vs Detroit who I know is good with her.

All I know is that exDC is plus 21 on block. That is huge and allows for lots of mixups and meter. If skarlet can stay mid screen with meter it will make any character afraid to move.

My thought is this...no body builds meter better than her. That means up close and afar. I don't need a naked up or downslash. I'll take slide all day but I will use meter to get up and downslash with eh red dash. With this mentality I think she is a powerhouse. She can blow up frame traps and blow through other armor with her super armor. It's stupid really

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Also, she can just teleport punish your iaf to close in on you.
Yeah, if you're mindlessly throwing fans. If I throw a couple iaf's to bait a teleport and I block it, I take half your life. If you catch me, I eat a few %s.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Are you picking up Skarlet L0rdoftheFLY? Do you plan on playing her in your next tournament?
I'm in a state of flux right now. At the next tourney I'm in, (BnB tomorrow) anything is possible. After prepping NW so hard I'm almost sick of playing him. He is still my main and my best character but I have many other chars I messing with.

ryublaze

Noob
Her teleport is shit.

It's better to keep Kitana at fullscreen anyways imo.

If you always block high against her at the end of a blockstring she can EX Dagger into another blockstring unless you are trying to fuzzy guard a Down Slash. If you block high after 1, 1, 2 she can EX Dagger into F2, 1, 2, 1+2. She can do the same even if you are blocking low on high hitbox characters but the F2 has to be well timed.

She can also stop her Red Dash and use D4 into Red Dash again so you'd be put into the same situation. The damage from the D4s and Slides really add up if you think about it. It's like Scorpion's Hellfire except Slide doesn't have as much risk if she guesses wrong.

Also good Skarlet players won't be using Down Slash a lot unless they've trained their opponent to block low. The real mix up after 1, 1, 2 is Slide or Throw.

EDIT: This post is kind of old. After 1, 1, 2 if you are blocking high, she can 1, 1, 4 into EX Dagger into blockstring.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I'm in a state of flux right now. At the next tourney I'm in, (BnB tomorrow) anything is possible. After prepping NW so hard I'm almost sick of playing him. He is still my main and my best character but I have many other chars I messing with.
Is that BnB tournament going to be streamed?

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
aunt flo? grim.i think scarlet is mid tier,people saying she's bottom five need to be shot because they have no idea what the fuck their talking about.ive fooled around with scarlet for a few months on and off,i just wish she was easier to use!man she makes my thumbs bleed!

Saint

Noob
Yeah, if you're mindlessly throwing fans. If I throw a couple iaf's to bait a teleport and I block it, I take half your life. If you catch me, I eat a few %s.
You can't assume you are good and the Skarlet is a moron when you're trying to assess a matchup, you know what I mean?

You have to assume both players would be doing the optimal things

With that said, I don't think you can zone Skarlet

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
You can't assume you are good and the Skarlet is a moron when you're trying to assess a matchup, you know what I mean?

You have to assume both players would be doing the optimal things

With that said, I don't think you can zone Skarlet
You can't assume the Kitana is a moron either. I'm not talking about zoning Skarlet all day, but you can start checking her with fans. And yes, I do have experience in the matchup.