What's new

"Starlight Starbright" Starfire Combos

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Crossup combos (tested on superman)
J3 23 DB2 4 extended 343.27 on superman (309 if just tapped)
J2 23xxDB1 MB B3 J3 23xxDB2xx4 extended 395 maxed (357 the lowest with trait)
J3 11 interactable b3 j2 2xxdb2 400 dmg

J2 11 interactable b3 j3 23xxdb2x23xxdb2xx4 441dmg extended (424 tapping)

Side switching enders meterless
J3 23 bf2 does 272
J3 f2 1+3 does 243 (must do the jump in early to link)

Just some ideas I have so far as far as crossups go

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Best punishes I've found from her 6f D1.

Vs Superman

334:
D1 xx MB DB1, B3, J3, 2 xx BF2, Hold Trait

347:
D1 xx MB DB1, B3, J3, F2 xx DB3, Hold Trait

(Background Bounce D1 Punish)
373:
D1 xx MB DB1, take a step forward, 2 xx BGB, B2, B3, J3, F2 xx DB3, Hold Trait

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So for her anti-air, I'm doing:

B+2, B+3, JI3, F+2xxDB3xx4(hold) - 329.74 on Superman

This is super simple and meterless. She seems like the Queen on anti-airs in this game. I love it.
Yes this is how I'm getting max damage off of background bounce combos. Instead of immediately B3'ing after the BGB, you can B2 then B3. Does more damage AND it's easier to connect since her B3 is weird.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

B+2, B+3, JI3, F+2xxDB3xx4(hold) - 329.74 on Superman

This is super simple and meterless. She seems like the Queen on anti-airs in this game. I love it.
This actually does 392.74 off of an anti air against Supes, and 372 if you do the B2 against an OTG opponent. I think you just mistyped

Also, you can also get B2, B2, B3 then finish it for like 12 more damage. They have to be around the peak of their jump tho

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
This actually does 392.74 off of an anti air against Supes, and 372 if you do the B2 against an OTG opponent. I think you just mistyped

Also, you can also get B2, B2, B3 then finish it for like 12 more damage. They have to be around the peak of their jump tho
Yup, it was a typo on my part. Nice catch! I edited my post.

Also, I didn't know that about the B+2. I'll give that a try! This character is incredibly fun.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I just got a chance to play her a bit in practice, don't have time to read this thread yet. Just wanna ask what her main combo extenders are? Seems like a lot of her specials end in a knock-down or knock-back (this is after literally 5 minutes with the character, correct me if I am wrong), is her trait the key here?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
OP needs to add the damage values for these combos. Don't let this be another combo thread no one takes any pride in maintaining.

Anyway, I just found this meterless midscreen that someone else might be able to do more with. Off her D+2, she can connect a meterless DB+1 (hold B) into a F+2.

F+3, D+2xxD,B+1(hold back), F+2xxD,B+3xx4(hold) - 331.64 on Superman (384.69 if you start it with MB F+3)

Edit: Found a better one:

F+3, B+2, F+2xxD,B+3xx4(hold) - 353.64 on Superman

F+3, F+2xxD,B+2, D+1xxD,B+3xx4(hold) - 399.76 on Superman

Last edited:

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

B+2, B+3, JI3, F+2xxDB3xx4(hold) - 392.74 on Superman

B2 is a great AA but I wouldn't call her the queen of AA's. She really doesn't have much IMO to deal with up close AA pressure. Her D2 isn't very good IMO for that and B2 isn't going to cut it for anything outside of people trying full range jump in's.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
OP needs to add the damage values for these combos. Don't let this be another combo thread no one takes any pride in maintaining.

Anyway, I just found this meterless midscreen that someone else might be able to do more with. Off her D+2, she can connect a meterless DB+1 (hold B) into a F+2.

F+3, D+2xxD,B+1(hold back), F+2xxD,B+3xx4(hold) - 331.64 on Superman (384.69 if you start it with MB F+3)

You don't generally have the values because the values aren't the same on every character.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
B2 is a great AA but I wouldn't call her the queen of AA's. She really doesn't have much IMO to deal with up close AA pressure. Her D2 isn't very good IMO for that and B2 isn't going to cut it for anything outside of people trying full range jump in's.
B2 works just fine on basically all jump ins. If they are really close, slight walk forward and do B2 the opposite way, also works for cross ups. Tested it on Batman just to be sure. She definitely is the Queen of anti airing. Obviously characters like Captain Cold have a better AA, but hers is very good and leads to almost 400 damage.

RiBBz22

B2 works just fine on basically all jump ins. If they are really close, slight walk forward and do B2 the opposite way, also works for cross ups. Tested it on Batman just to be sure. She definitely is the Queen of anti airing. Obviously characters like Captain Cold have a better AA, but hers is very good and leads to almost 400 damage.
I'll mess with it more when I get home. Yeah her damage is great off b2 for sure. Seemed like a weaker option to me off some cross up setups but I haven't had much time to lab her and mostly theory-crafting.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'll mess with it more when I get home. Yeah her damage is great off b2 for sure. Seemed like a weaker option to me off some cross up setups but I haven't had much time to lab her and mostly theory-crafting.
Yeah after I saw your post I tested some stuff. There's definitely a certain range where B2 will just whiff which is weird. So I tried walking forward when they're close after they jump and B2'ing the other way. The problem is I knew the jump was coming, on reaction it's probably not possible. Will have to incorporate it into muscle memory and apply it in a real match.

Anyway, really loving her 6f D1. Being able to use it and punish for 35% or so is really good. Also been using it as a frame trap of sorts after 232. After 232 she IS -1, but her D1 being 6f, unless they're using a 6f move you'll beat it out and then get your full combo punish if you have a bar. A lot of people are saying she's strictly a zoner but her up close game is actually legit.

RiBBz22

Yeah after I saw your post I tested some stuff. There's definitely a certain range where B2 will just whiff which is weird. So I tried walking forward when they're close after they jump and B2'ing the other way. The problem is I knew the jump was coming, on reaction it's probably not possible. Will have to incorporate it into muscle memory and apply it in a real match.

Anyway, really loving her 6f D1. Being able to use it and punish for 35% or so is really good. Also been using it as a frame trap of sorts after 232. After 232 she IS -1, but her D1 being 6f, unless they're using a 6f move you'll beat it out and then get your full combo punish if you have a bar. A lot of people are saying she's strictly a zoner but her up close game is actually legit.
I was thinking the same thing about her being awesome at AA'ing when it is telegraphed or you have time to react but maybe having trouble when you are being pressured or in a pinch. Her up close game looks so-so on paper and zoning looks oppressive. Her strings are safe though which is nice, f3 is ridiculous, b3 is incredible so I am sure you can manage in CQC for a bit until you get back to zoning. If her up close game was super strong the character would be too ridiculous.

Macdaddy

STEAM: Bloodychaos2 XBOX: Macdaddy256969

I will add damages and edits this weekend I am out of town.