What's new

SPOILERS! New leak in the files

Lol the denial in this thread.

Based off terminator alone it’s gonna be robocop for obvious reasons.

I don’t think it will be it though, it would be a complete waste not to get cryax and sektor with them already having models and the backlash they received from doing this same shit in MKX.

Remember when MK games had 100% MK characters?
That was fourteen years ago and two console generations ago.

Fuck that. This game is starting to become a guest character fest.
While I'm not a fan of guest characters myself and prefer franchise characters, Mortal Kombat (2011) had two (one of which was in the base roster), Mortal Kombat XL doubled that with four, and Mortal Kombat 11 currently has three with the potentially two more coming. I wouldn't exactly call it a guest-fest.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
HARD DISAGREE

Johnny is a wisecracking, annoying, arrogant playboy who's really cool and talented despite himself

Ash is a bitter, lazy, pathetic, unhinged curmudgeon who pretty much ruins everything and only beat Evil Ash because he found his chemistry book and invented gunpowder
Ash has been through some shit..dudes saved the free world without so much as a thank you

also he’s had family, friends and loved one indirectly killed due to the deadites infestation. Dude left his own daughter in the past to save the future...I love the character and he’s deserved a spot here for a long time!

Is there anything being released for RoboCop soon? E.g. movies etc...
If not than I say it's unlikely, WB uses guest characters as a marketing tool.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I came here to get a chuckle out of the inevitability of people complaining about guest characters.

It worked.

9 years, 4 games with guests. 12 guests total (15 if you count the TMNT individually), And people still find themselves complaining about guest characters...I just find it amusing.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Y'all continue to complain about guests over and over, but the result is always the same. They. Don't. Care. Gurl. Save your breath and save ya blood pressure. It's Corona Virus times chile you gotta get yourself in check. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Robocop seems pretty lame for a guest character, but nothing can be worse gameplay-wise for me than Terminator in terms of the DLC release thus far and Robocop could at least have a better design and voice.

Fujin, Sheeva, Ash, Robocop. I wonder if it's gonna be a smaller pack of 4 characters or if there are still 2 more characters we don't know of yet. Fujin, Sheeva, and Ash alone make it a dope pack for me. But there are other guests/mk characters I'd like to see. Particularly Havik.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I think everyone knows this my man. But that‘s the thing with stuff you can‘t change, you make your peace with it and/or complain.
If you know, there’s zero point in complaining. It’s not like complaining about a character in the game that you want nerfed or buffed. All the complaining in the world isn’t gonna stop guest characters from dropping. They’re too good for business.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
So long as he has a Krushing Blow, Brutality, or Fatality involving shooting his opponent in the dick like in the movie, I'm down with Robocop. I doubt I'll play him as I havent cared about a guest's gameplay since Freddy though.

All that matters to me at this point is seeing Fujin and Sheeva. If they fuck up Fujin after blue balling all of us in MKX, I am going to riot (safely while practicing social distancing).

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
So long as he has a Krushing Blow, Brutality, or Fatality involving shooting his opponent in the dick like in the movie, I'm down with Robocop. I doubt I'll play him as I havent cared about a guest's gameplay since Freddy though.

All that matters to me at this point is seeing Fujin and Sheeva. If they fuck up Fujin after blue balling all of us in MKX, I am going to riot (safely while practicing social distancing).
How did I forget about that time Robocop shot that dude in the dick

Gamer68

Fujin!

This dataminer says ROB is indeed in the files and there are new cinematics for Takeda and Stryker but they aren't sure what the cinematics are for (so they might not be playable).

They also say that the references of Cyrax and Sektor being playable that was found in the files before have now been removed. Between the old files and the fact that the characters show up in story mode meant that maybe they were supposed to be playable at one point, but now it seems they are 100% scrapped and not happening.

Honestly, I think it's Robocop because no way WB doesn't want another guest, plus I remember Ed making a MK11 Robocop tweet a long while ago but he took it down for some reason. Maybe Robocop was already being discussed then?

EDIT: Looks like Ed made multiple Robocop tweets in the past.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be pumped at all for Robocop. But to be fair, when the whole first Kombat Pack got announced, I wasn't excited about anyone other than Shang and Spawn. I think they did a great job with making characters that I'm not that excited about really cool.

KCJ506

Noob
If Robocop is indeed in, then that would be yet another character that uses firearms. And thus I really don't see the need for Stryker(if that thing with him is actually legit). What could he do that would make him stand out from other gun users?