What's new

[SPOILERS] Injustice 2: Rumors, Leaks, and our potential roster

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
Black Manta wasn't confirmed by a trusted source. It was just Ryce saying Black Manta is "probably" in because the guy who leaked the mobile stuff posted concept art for him.

Ryce knows as much as anyone who bothered to look at the source of the real leak haha.

Rajhkeem Beck

Mr. Still Getting it Together
You know its weird these days. its hard to hide anything anymore. I remember when I played fighting games back in the day seeing the roster unfold or unlocked as I played ( for example tekken 3) was one of my favorite experiences. You guys think that getting leaks now has spoiled some of the fun of fighting games? I mean even now, look how angry people get when they don't see their favorite character. Personally I wanted Static, firestorm, and Amazo( as a sub boss or final boss type character mostly). But if all of them don't get in it won't kill my experience. I think NRS has got to start hammering down on these leaks though.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Black Manta wasn't confirmed by a trusted source. It was just Ryce saying Black Manta is "probably" in because the guy who leaked the mobile stuff posted concept art for him.

Ryce knows as much as anyone who bothered to look at the source of the real leak haha.
I meant "basically confirmed", updated my post with that.

Also, the guy who leaked the list says that there's new art of Black Manta, I believe.

You know its weird these days. its hard to hide anything anymore. I remember when I played fighting games back in the day seeing the roster unfold or unlocked as I played ( for example tekken 3) was one of my favorite experiences. You guys think that getting leaks now has spoiled some of the fun of fighting games? I mean even now, look how angry people get when they don't see their favorite character. Personally I wanted Static, firestorm, and Amazo( as a sub boss or final boss type character mostly). But if all of them don't get in it won't kill my experience. I think NRS has got to start hammering down on these leaks though.
In some cases yes, others no.

I actually really like how they reveal the roster before launch. Character reveals gives us something to look forward to while we wait, and it let's us know what to expect in the game. Leaks are kinda the same. It sucks that it didn't come from an official source, but I usually still get hyped.

The only thing that I don't like is when the entire roster gets leaked months before release, which is what's happening with INJ2. It's getting to the point where we know exactly what to expect. With Doctor Fate, pretty much everyone knew who it was going to be. Ed called it a "very special reveal", so I know it probably meant something to the team, and it kinda sucks they couldn't surprise us about it.

With that being said, I'm still excited to see the remaining characters. I just wish it was a little more surprising just to add some "fun factor" to it all. At the end of the day, I'm fine with it, but that's just me...

Today, someone posted another "leak" on reddit.com, but the information was deleted after a few hours. Actually, I don't really believe in this list, because it repeats the names that we hear in all "leaks" almost every day. Anyway...

DLC: Constantine, Darkseid (pre-order), Deathstroke, Hawkman, Hellboy, Red Hood, Spawn, Starfire, Sub-Zero, Vixen. Constantine, Hawkman and Hellboy are in very early stages of development according to the source. Also he said, that NRS planned to add Beast Boy, but abandoned this idea because of the complexity of its implementation (Motaro flashbacks). As premium skins he named Mr. Freeze, Owlman, Shazam, Silver Banshee, Deathstorm, Sinestro, Ocean Master, Zod (for Superman), Kilowog & Ch'p (for Atrocitus) and some others.
I generally won't believe any leaked list until some of the harder to predict choices start to get confirmed but I'd be happy with most of this if it proves true. My overall opinion would be positive. Those DLC character choices are all awesome. Hawkman would be a nice surprise...that guy is brutal.

My only real issues would be that I'd be that I'd be disappointed that Black Manta was left out. Also, not sure who Sinestro would be a premium skin for....Sinestro's constructs would not be Earth-based vehicles and weapons like Hal Jordan and he wouldn't vomit blood like Atrocitus. Sinestro should make a return and should do so as his own character.

What I really hope happens is that Red Hood and Starfire make the launch roster as some rumors suggest. Then, our list of nine might be something more like Constantine, Deathstroke, Hawkman, Hellboy, Spawn, Vixen, Black Manta, Sinestro, Sub Zero.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I am still so confused on the roster size at launch. Is it 28? is it 30? Is it including Darkseid or no? Does anyone know or have good predictions?
At most, there can be 2 unleaked characters in the initial roster right? I doubt they would be big names because they would be in the mobile game so based on that I think it is 28, including Darkseid wait Mr. Freeze being a skin for Captain Cold or vice versa.
Is that the popular theory or am I missing something?

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
Of course they can, ultimately everything is up to them.

Can they cross promote? Yep,Through the various CW shows. Heavily requested falls into that "known name" popularity area. I can say mirror master was requested a lot but not as heavily as others. Terra/Starfire were and Teen Titans: The Judas Contract comes out soon so request and promotion there. It's not about having a certain amount of Batman characters so they should cut some, it's about having representation of other series and if you're looking at who to cut the guy with 8 names on the roster should be looked at before Lex Luthor.

The millions of casuals that will play this game want Superman, Batman, WoWo, GL, Flash, Aquaman, Joker, Harley Quinn, Robin. That's who appeals to casuals the most, Ivy/Scarecrow is just icing. Those 10 characters are the vast majority of your sales right there. Those millions may not want Circe/MM over CW/Bane but they got who they actually want regardless of if those two get cut or not and you've already locked down a large portion of your sales with them.

"Most probably don't know who they are".

How are people gonna learn if you don't put them in anything? Casuals interested in Injustice 2 that never heard of Swamp Thing are gonna learn some stuff about Swamp Thing and can become a fan. My brother became a fan of Grundy through IGAU. Never heard of him before that game.

I care. As a hardcore DC fan I care a lot. Here's the Breakdown of characters (not including skins).

Superman: Superman, Brainiac, Supergirl.

Batman: Batman, Robin, Joker, Quinn, Ivy, Scarecrow, Bane, Catwoman.

Wonder Woman: Wonder Woman, Cheetah

Flash: Flash, Grodd, Captain Cold

Green Lantern: Green Lantern, Atrocitus

Green Arrow: Green Arrow, Black Canary

Miscellaneous: Swamp Thing, Blue Beetle, Cyborg, Aquaman, Black Adam, Firestorm, Dr. Fate, Deadshot.

Batman is tied with people that have one representative. His list ties the entirety of the miscellaneous list. Tone it down.
This was perfect

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
If Red Hood isn't in the game in some form eventually I will cook and eat my own grandma ;)

There will also be entirely too many Robins. Like the Fire Emblem characters of Injustice.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Updated the confirmed list and the character select fan pic.

The website has been updated, and it seems that it's true that there will be 28 launch characters + Darkseid and the other 9 DLC.

Because of that, I'm pretty sure that Mr. Freeze is no longer a standalone character, but instead just a Premier Skin as speculated before. Now it could be that the 9 DLC characters actually includes Darkseid, freeing up a space for Mr. Freeze to be his own character.

I suppose it could go either way, but for now, Mr. Freeze is out. I'll update it again if anything is confirmed, of course.

KCJ506

Noob

The website has been updated, and it seems that it's true that there will be 28 launch characters + Darkseid and the other 9 DLC.

Because of that, I'm pretty sure that Mr. Freeze is no longer a standalone character, but instead just a Premier Skin as speculated before. Now it could be that the 9 DLC characters actually includes Darkseid, freeing up a space for Mr. Freeze to be his own character.

I suppose it could go either way, but for now, Mr. Freeze is out. I'll update it again if anything is confirmed, of course.

With the rumors and high possibility of Sub-Zero being a guest, I doubt NRS would even want to have three separate slots for three ice themed characters anyway.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!

I'm pretty sure Darkseid is separate from the 9. Freeze as a Premier makes the most sense right now.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
we still have a whole month left for surprise reveals but I think that's because they are saving room for stream breakdowns.

I'm not upset with this roster because more characters are added via premiere skins so good job NRS.

Now gimme Static, Starfire, redhood, sub zero, Rorschach, Spawn, Black Manta, in those 9 dlc and we good. Huntress, Star Sapphire, and Hawkgirl to round it off.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
@SneakyTortoise - new bios are up for Scarecrow and Captain Cold.
if you want to add them to your thread w/ the trailer.
Well in Cold's bio, it states Superman and his crew killed Cold's sister. So are Grodd's crew neutral or do they side with Batman.
also There is No mention of Joker Killing Scarecrow(but that would explain his new appearance), do you think the game isn't going to follow the comic book?