What's new

SOON™ - Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack – Official Roster Reveal Trailer

With the DLC trailer coming tomorrow, NRS has put up a countdown video on Youtube. The DLC has possibly leaked as well, so beware if you are trying to avoid spoilers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

If anything Terminator should be the most relentless rushdown character in the game.

"Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."

That ain't the description of someone trying to keep you out.
Right, but the Terminators have always used primarily ballistics...with the exception of advanced models, even in the future they would use guns of that era. They are relentless and unstoppable but are rarely ever in a hurry. Particularly the T-800 in the first film, one of the signature things about it is he walks everywhere and moves very deliberately.
Honestly Joker's animation after he smiles gives me a vibe that his character still needs a ton of work, it felt... unfinished.
I'm quite sure that's absolutely true. The level of visual fidelity in MK11 is such that there was a lot of work that there must have been done specifically for this trailer to try and reach these renders.

Honestly hard to understand what some people expected...they want a full gameplay trailer for things that wouldn't be released for several months. It's not like they have these things sitting neatly on the shelf and are teasing everyone out to keep people interested. There's still a lot of detail and iteration to be done on just the player model, let alone the animations and movesets.

calm down , people, sure that they will polish Joker, and he will be better look in the final version ..... remember when Cassie was shown first time in MKX ? crap job they did at the time, right ? later, they fixed and she was very ok when released ..... they have plenty of time to do it for Joker, wait and see !

Yeah, I hope not. 6-9 guests in a game is overkill.

I mean, if the game does end up with 3 kps, we could be talking about an amazing roster. It'll be a shame if 1/3 is comprised of guests (who will less and less relevant as they appear).
Yea, let's hope not, but if you look at the number the picture is not too encouraging. In MK9 we had 2 guest characters, in MKX we had 4 (and i thought that was too much), now we are only at KP1 and they've already announced 3. And you know, there will most likely be at least one more KP, if not two. You do the math.

And i don't even think it's necessarily NRS to blame. Remember, MK and NRS are both owned by Warner Brothers, so there are probably some management types up there, sitting in an executive conference room somewhere, going "oh you know, we have all these movies coming up and we also own this fighting game with lots of fans. Why not stick as many characters from these movies in the game as we can, and time their release to almost coincide with the movie releases, to increase sales. What's that, fans don't want guest characters?! Oh well, tough break."

Someone on reddit made a slight edit to Joker. Hopefully NRS will tweak him to look more like this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/ctn475
The Joker looks fine as is, I think they were trying to balance between his regular comic look and the way he'll look in the upcoming movie in October.

Revenant Sindel on the other hand looks super cute, I hope that skin would be her default one not one you have to grind towers for.

Why the fuck would having Ash make more sense? They both should have stayed the fuck out of this game but I'll take the Terminator over Ash any day.
Each to their own bro but I would prefer a character that has a personality over a robot. Another robot.
Lol.
Ash fights evil, terminator..... Not sure why he would be there.

I was kind of surprised to find out that Spawn is not coming until March. I was expecting December going by the release order of the characters, but now given that the new Terminator and Joker movie is coming out soon, it probably makes a little more sense now why they made this decision. No doubt in my mind that this was all Warner bros.

Kind of disappointed though because I was hoping to get Spawn a little earlier since none of the other fighters really interested me and the fact that they didn't reveal Ash in the trailer kind of worries with the fact that he may not be coming. I'll probably still buy Terminator because I'm always up for something fresh and some of the movies(not all) were entertaining to watch.