What's new

Sonya's face

E

Eldriken

I cannot believe this is still a topic of discussion. It's a horse that's been beaten to death. Cassie's neck, Wonder Woman's face, Supergirl's face, etc. Guess what happened? They improved them come release. I don't think there's anything to be worried about.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Call me an SJW if you want but having a pale white Sub-Zero just seemed mad disrespectful. His name is Kuai Liang for crying out loud. He might as well have been named Gregory in MKX.

I actually really ducking love how both his skin tone and clothing read as Chinese and not 'generic ninja but blue version'. His hat is dope, I didn't like it at first but now I can't get over it.

Can't wait to see how Jade turns out.
I mean... he IS a cryomancer. They should keep his eyes looking icy at least.

But I agree, he looks better face wise than mkx.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
She looks fine. She just also intentionally looks like Ronda Rousey, a real woman with a strong jaw. It's absurd to me that people want women in video games to look only like hyperfeminine cartoons.

SFV gave Kolin, a Russian woman, a strong Slavic nose and a million dudes were like SHE'S HIDEOUS. Are there any real human women these men find attractive??
Strong jaw:

Doesn't look like shit.

Sonya does. Sorry.
The problem is definitely the basing it off of rousey.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Strong jaw:

Doesn't look like shit.

Sonya does. Sorry.
The problem is definitely the basing it off of rousey.
I mean, I don't think Ronda Rousey is particularly beautiful, no. But people kept talking about 'NRS man jaw' or whatever and like... that's just Ronda Rousey's face.

greedface

Beat SonicFox in a first to 100 and I have proof.
I cannot believe this is still a topic of discussion. It's a horse that's been beaten to death. Cassie's neck, Wonder Woman's face, Supergirl's face, etc. Guess what happened? They improved them come release. I don't think there's anything to be worried about.
It was improved because of the negative feedback, not despite it.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
Am I the only one who thinks Sonya's face actually looks a little TOO good?
I'd argue the real issue is that she looks too young - she's supposed to be hitting her early 50s but it looks like she's barely 40.
(not that I mind it tbh)

E

Eldriken

It was improved because of the negative feedback, not despite it.
That's like saying Cassie's giraffe neck was intentional or Supergirl's distorted face.

I really can't see someone intentionally doing that. But if what you said is the case, then that's that. At least they listened.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I don't feel like Sonya looks that bad, I kinda like her face. I think what they should fix are her eyes and her brow. They should fix Cassie before tho, I mean she looks like she desperately needs to speak to a manager.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Am I the only one who thinks Sonya's face actually looks a little TOO good?
I'd argue the real issue is that she looks too young - she's supposed to be hitting her early 50s but it looks like she's barely 40.
(not that I mind it tbh)
In general, games (like movies and television) are afraid to show older women actually looking old, because if the audience doesn't find them fuckable they're ~ugly.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
In general, games (like movies and television) are afraid to show older women actually looking old, because if the audience doesn't find them fuckable they're ~ugly.
Or you know, because it's a game and it's not meant to be realistic. Johnny Cage or Jax never look old either and I wouldn't want them too either. There's nothing wrong with characters being attractive, male or female.