What's new

Sonya's face

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
We just got the context we needed

She actually does look like a combination of the two of them.
True, and in retrospect the worse part about Cassie is not really her face it's her HAIR. How can you go from sweet undercut, to 'can I talk to your manager' hair? It just isn't possible.

I'm gonna main the whole Cage family. XD

Raider

Noob
Everytime I see you reply to something, you dont agree with the majority of the thread and complain all the time. I have never seen you say "This is a good decision" or something similar. I complain a lot too, but dude, at least say something good about something like this, but no, even making a face look better is something to complain for you
First of all what you said is not true. I said nice things before. For example go to Johnny trailer thread and you will see yourself.
Also i DON'T have to agree with you or anyone else about Sonya's old or new face. I think that they both are not good but not bad either. Problem?? Are forums there so we can all agree with each other opinions?

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Didn't this exact same thing happen with Supergirl in Injustice 2?

I just think it's a strange practice to begin with, cherry picking a screen shot and then literally blowing it up out of proportion.

Watching the game actually played in real time I thought her face looked just fine. It still looks fine.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Watching the game actually played in real time I thought her face looked just fine. It still looks fine.
Yeah, but that's because the camera is zoomed out and there is a constant motion blur in play during the action, which hides a lot of it as well.

I've posted a screen shot above, where Sonya Blade already looks much better. They've fixed her. If they hadn't had fixed her, it would have been an actual minor issue - considering how the Injustice 2 story was handled. In Injustice 2 NRS was visibly very proud of their facial animations. And rightfully so. The mokap was good. So they were zooming in on the faces all the damn time to show every single wrinkle moving during the speech of the characters.
And they seem to be doing the same now in Mortal Kombat 11. Have you seen the zoom in on Dark Raiden? The camera was so close and so long on him, that you could explore his big ass nostrils in full detail.

And imagine they would have done the same to Sonya Blades old ugly face. Let's face it, it was an ugly face. Even despite her age. She simply had weird facial features. I wouldn't like to see 3-5 second zoom ins on her face over and over again through out the story.
If you can improve on a product, then do it. And a lot of credit does go to NRS, since they do listen to fan feedback and try to improve. They fixed Cassies face. They fixed Supergirls face. They fixed Aquamans face. And now they have fixed Sonyas face. Now we just need more cleavage.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Didn't this exact same thing happen with Supergirl in Injustice 2?

I just think it's a strange practice to begin with, cherry picking a screen shot and then literally blowing it up out of proportion.

And before that, Cassie in MKX

That said, I don’t exactly like this change.

Not because I think it looks bad, she looks great.

But because this is a 50+ year old woman with a high stress career and a 20-25 year old daughter.

Her face is completely wrinkless or devoid of any hardness, she literally looks like she could be 25 in that new footage.

I feel like they could try making her look attractive and like a middle aged woman.

Xelz

Go over there!
And before that, Cassie in MKX

That said, I don’t exactly like this change.

Not because I think it looks bad, she looks great.

But because this is a 50+ year old woman with a high stress career and a 20-25 year old daughter.

Her face is completely wrinkless or devoid of any hardness, she literally looks like she could be 25 in that new footage.

I feel like they could try making her look attractive and like a middle aged woman.
There's a chance it could be the younger Sonya in that image. It looks like there will be young/older and pre-/post-revenant versions of characters.

Dedlock

Noob
She looks better but they have to make young Sonya look beautiful. I mean come on they have big shoes to fill, kerri Hoskins, bridgette Wilson, Sandra Hess.