What's new

Sonya's face

xiskza

Underworld
She's not ugly. Not like in MKvsDCU and MK9. I do miss that little strand of hair down her face though, as her face looks rather bare, if that makes sense.

She does seem to have a younger skin as well though.

My issue is that in her old self, she looks like a guy. Maybe with a different hairstyle it wouldnt look as bad, but right now it looks terrible.
I agree, the younger self looks decent.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Absolutely love this. Also, so cool (PUNS!!!) to see Sub-Zero actually looking like a Chinese warrior assassin this time around. ♥
Call me an SJW if you want but having a pale white Sub-Zero just seemed mad disrespectful. His name is Kuai Liang for crying out loud. He might as well have been named Gregory in MKX.

I actually really ducking love how both his skin tone and clothing read as Chinese and not 'generic ninja but blue version'. His hat is dope, I didn't like it at first but now I can't get over it.

Can't wait to see how Jade turns out.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!

a man???
mmmm, yeah..
anyway Sonya looks fine
, she's a 40+ year old mom without makeup and in battle clothes
also i think NRS tried to make her look like a +40 year old Rhonda would look like.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Call me an SJW if you want but having a pale white Sub-Zero just seemed mad disrespectful. His name is Kuai Liang for crying out loud. He might as well have been named Gregory in MKX.

I actually really ducking love how both his skin tone and clothing read as Chinese and not 'generic ninja but blue version'. His hat is dope, I didn't like it at first but now I can't get over it.

Can't wait to see how Jade turns out.
iirc sub-zero is mixed white-Chinese, his dad(?) was an American. Honestly thought he looked fine in MKX

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
She looks fine. She just also intentionally looks like Ronda Rousey, a real woman with a strong jaw. It's absurd to me that people want women in video games to look only like hyperfeminine cartoons.

SFV gave Kolin, a Russian woman, a strong Slavic nose and a million dudes were like SHE'S HIDEOUS. Are there any real human women these men find attractive??