What's new

Sonix Fox's Thoughts on MK11

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Just give me a old breaker system and everything else is good. As long your meter is only being used up... where is the problem?
Well let's adjust it and adjust flawless block launcher damage. I'm not down with Poison not killing to me that's hype and makes the matches hype.

Secretly hoping reptiles in lol, but for real I'm not a Scarlet player. I mean Sonic is advocating to take away a strong tools one of his characters has.

Last edited:

Aramonde

Noob
1- Movement is fine the way it is

2- can't comment on the Flawless block yet

3- I can't believe that people want classic breakers back lmao. That mechanic was a shitty band aid mechanic and should never come back. Just get rid of the breakaway or make so your stuck on the ground for a few seconds and you cannot wake attack or roll

4- I agree chip death should be removed from fighting games in general. Agree that dot damage shouldn't kill and make FB's super unsafe on block

kcd117

Noob
Just make it so after breaking you spend a long ass time on the ground so you can’t punish any whiffed moves and still have to guess in the oki with no bars to wakeup.

Fenixy

Noob
I would advise the kommunity to be skeptical about any player critiques and wishes about the game mechanics (even of such great players as Sonic). Most of us are not game designers and clearly we can't foresee how our wishes will affect the final gameplay and what is NRS vision of the game is. In game design even the smallest tweak of gameplay mechanic can snowball to drastic change of final gameplay product.

Weekend pre-beta stress test is clearly not enough time to ask for removal of perfect block launcher and break away mechanics, since they clearly exist in synergy with each other: all perfect block launchers are air combos, break away works only in the air - implication is clear here.

Personal note:
DoT damage should kill. The only difference between DoT and flat damage is that flat dmg is applied instantly, while DoT creates opportunity for comeback. If anything, DoT is the nerfed version of flat damage. Immagine if we change d2 damage to DoT, and then someone says "well, d2 should not kill"- this makes no sense to me.
DoT clouds like Kano's molotov flames, Erron's spikes ( or SF5 Dhalsim V-trigger) is a different topic, since they are clearly not a "hit" mechanics.

JDM

Noob
I actually think Breakaways are fine after playing more. The only way you can punish your opponent is if they over commit to a combo that they have no reason on doing. While using Scorpion, if they breakaway from reading my spear combo attempt I messed up and deserve it 100 percent. When your opponent has two defensive bars you must keep that in mind, and imo it makes for a more thoughtful offense game even when you land the hit. I HATE KI's breaker system. Would never recommend going to that system over what we have now or even the old breaker system which was extremely flawed as well. The offense built way more meter than defense so playing defensive was always a hindrance because you had to be proactive to build meter to break. if they brought that system into this game you'd feel even more robbed than you do now since whenever you'd land a hit on someone with 2 bars you're ALWAYS reset to neutral, instead of being able to possibly bait the breakaway.

If restand characters are built around this mechanic I think it will be very good. Yes certain characters will be hurt by it more, but if the game is balanced around that it'll be fine. we can already see how strong Skarlet is and shes hurt arguably the worst by a good breakaway from the 3 characters in the stress test (scorpion's hurt by it too but has more options to bait it imo).

gitblame

Noob
Yeah, after playing more I think the biggest problem with breakaways is not that you can eat a combo punish from it, but it just come back too quickly and in result you can do it multiple times in one round. I know that there is already increased cooldown when you use 2 bars at time, but it still comes back too quickly in my opinion.

They need to get rid of flawless block option select for sure, though. I am sure it wasn't their itention to make this possible to option select. It should be pure execution feature.

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
i like everything the beta had to offer i hope they dont tweak too much. yeah it felt slow at first but once you play for hours you get use to the speed and if even seemed faster! i lilke the pace it makes you think before just throwing out combos i really like what they did so far.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Exactly get rid of those STUPID BREAKERS! They are stupid and have always been.

Let's get back to the Mortal Kombat where if you got hit you have to hold the punish.

I should be rewarded for winning in neutral. All the other defensive options like Flawless Block and wake up rolls and wake up attacks I think are good but I hate that breaker mechanic and always have.

If I hit you or if the opponent hits me then they should have to take the damage.
NinjaKilla kills everyone with two touches, would you really want to take the damage and call it fair? I’d smash my pad against my own head if that happened.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
NinjaKilla kills everyone with two touches, would you really want to take the damage and call it fair? I’d smash my pad against my own head if that happened.
NinjaKilla got up to his level through a lot of hard work and after training non-stop while others left to play other games. So he is clearly a special case.

I quite like the breaker from MKX and MK9. But the breakaway system seen in MK11 so far goes a little too far. It's one thing to be able to break out of combos. But if you can then go on to punish the punisher there's something very wrong about that.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
NinjaKilla got up to his level through a lot of hard work and after training non-stop while others left to play other games. So he is clearly a special case.

I quite like the breaker from MKX and MK9. But the breakaway system seen in MK11 so far goes a little too far. It's one thing to be able to break out of combos. But if you can then go on to punish the punisher there's something very wrong about that.
I fail to understand the logic. According to what you said everytime NinjaKilla plays the game I need to put the pad down because he worked hard to do combos a must watch him 50% two times in a row.
I don’t like breakaway ststem myself

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
I fail to understand the logic. According to what you said everytime NinjaKilla plays the game I need to put the pad down because he worked hard to do combos a must watch him 50% two times in a row.
If you don't want to watch 2 of his combos take away your life then don't get hit by them. It's a simple logic. If you don't get it I wonder how you play the game.

No mechanic is gonna save you from a player of his level so please stop referencing him.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
The point is not to have retarded 50% combos from every part of the screen and hit-confirmable +30 strings. Its a different game.

Yes it means his neutral is better than mine and I need to level up. Also there is no Kombo so far that I have seen in MK11 that does this much damage and even if it did I would rather the damage be adjusted then that stupid breaker system any day.

So to answer your question if NinjaKilla was hitting me twice with two combos then I need to level up.

Is he doing two combos and killing you in MK11?

I severely doubt that but in MKX yes he definitely was.

Yes it means his neutral is better than mine and I need to level up. Also there is no Kombo so far that I have seen in MK11 that does this much damage and even if it did I would rather the damage be adjusted then that stupid breaker system any day.

So to answer your question if NinjaKilla was hitting me twice with two combos then I need to level up.

Is he doing two combos and killing you in MK11?

I severely doubt that but in MKX yes he definitely was.

Let me correct that. There is big damaging Kombos in this game but I still think if I was in that situation I will hold it and I have no one else to blame but me because I got out footsied it's as simple as that!

Being able to hit hard should be rewarded for those that win Neutral even if I am on the receiving end.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
If dashes are made faster, should they be a commitment or should you be able to cancel them into block? I feel if it's the ladder dash blocking will end up being the best form of movement like in mk9.