What's new

SonicFox, the one and only, takes Mortal Kombat X @ NEC 17!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Disappointing grand finals i was shocked Scar played like an online scrub with raw tele and raw spear and he is considered as a second best mkxl player no wonder why sonic wins all the time.
Hmm... Not mentioning that Sonic took his fair share of risks in neutral as well (and always has)

It's ok to make reads (even risky ones here and there) -- no need to flip out on Scar over it :)

Matix218

Get over here!
Disappointing grand finals i was shocked Scar played like an online scrub with raw tele and raw spear and he is considered as a second best mkxl player no wonder why sonic wins all the time.
GTFO with this nonsense

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I'll never understand why people get upset about spoilers. If you don't want to know then don't come to the website.

NFL.com - Shows the score.
NBA.com -Shows the score.
MLB.com -Shows the score.
NHL.com - Shows the score.

I didn't watch 1 match of Top 8 live, so I didn't know who won or who eliminated who. I still enjoyed watching it.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Where did I say it was okay? Whether or not it is is subjective.

It's just people still complaining about it is getting old.
<<When are you going to realize that only "I" matter.>>

<<You can have your opinion as long as it matches with mine.>>

:p

The trend of these forums moving towards being more inclusive and less nitpicky is a good trend, but not everyone has caught on yet. In the meanwhile, expect some growing pains. For those complaining about spoilers...

Nothing is perfect, but we make our way together. TYM is for us - and by that I mean that we are together. The mods are here for us and we are here for them. TYM makes up a considerable chunk of the FGC and we stand together. When we nitpick, we undermine ourselves on the whole. Posters need the mods and mods need the posters. We work together to make TYM and the FGC greater.

I thank Storms for this heads up on what is going on in the FGC and I appreciate the work he puts in.

Last edited:

jackempty0

Born on a Monday
Theres no reason to include the spoiler in the title. People who don't care about the spoiler dont lose anything from not having a spoiler in the title while people who do care lose out on watching the vod without knowing. You could argue not to come to this site but a lot of people come here so often and its easy to forget. Its just laziness imo
what about people who want to see the spoiler in the title

BS3OOO

Noob
Great tourney! Everything was hype except that GF lol. I felt like Scar was the only one who had confidence in his Smoke at that point. Congrats Sonicfox! He was on a roll after his loss. Big ups to Circa Destroyer and Silverrye for showing up and showing out!

@iMileena I normally try to get the streaming information on Friday or early Saturday so I won't run into any spoilers. If I don't get the streaming information early, I got to the website, cover the screen, and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. I work my way up from the bottom to the top of the page until I see an article with the streaming information. I've heard in the past that the winners of the tournament feel good when their name is posted in the article.

Reactions: GAV

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
this was a great tourney i really have to compliment the stream quality. i just wish there was a 3rd mic to pipe in some crowd reaction as the announcer mics dont really get any of that. but the video quality and announcers sounded great!

PL doing commentating with DMS was my favorite odd couple duo and PL "coaching" Forever King to victory was absolutely hilarious. My personal hype awards go to sylverrye, Forever King, Hyatei, Tekken Master, scar & destroyer. destroyer is constantly in the best sets it seems lately and the ones with hyatei and sylverrye were two of the best IMO!

sonicfox's play in grand finals was really impressive. Can't wait for KIT

Some great moments from this tourney, grand finals was a bit lopsided but great play from everyone. I just finished the archives of this and thought Scar would take it, but man Sonic is indeed on a another level. I would seriously like to know how he trains, or his training regiment for tournaments (if he has one).

Thread coming soon :)

loogie

Noob
how come there isn't a tweedy blowup thread after NEC .. surely, the one player with the strongest neutral in the game getting 3-0'd in under 3 minutes deserves a thread.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
how come there isn't a tweedy blowup thread after NEC .. surely, the one player with the strongest neutral in the game getting 3-0'd in under 3 minutes deserves a thread.
he never said best in the game he said one of the best, if we're gonna blow up Tweedy we need to get the facts straight.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Dude I don't even know where to start. It's really rare for me to bet against Sonic Fox, the only two times were at EVO 2015 and Combo Breaker 2016. And this tournament I thought he wouldn't even be at the top 8 seeing the brackets. He faced his toughest bracket of the year along with his CB path in top 8 and he beated every single one of them only losing 2 games overall. Never losing two straight. I don't know how to say this, but he is one of the best in this generation and is so good to have him in a game that I like so much. How does he do it?!
Wat

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
tweedy is a great fgc heel he generates more heat than vince mcmahon in the attitude era.

and zur-en-arrh you didnt think sonicfox was gonna make top 8? come on now... also he lost 4 games to hyatei and 1 to scar. so 5 at least. get it together breh