What's new

Match Footage - Sub-Zero SonicFox Debuts his Cryomancer

Lokheit

Noob
The one thing I learned from one hour of gameplay at the highest level was how horribly reactable and punishable that sub b2 is.

MY ASS.

Piece of shit broken crap and still gets downplayed. How the hell do you have the gall to defend that crap after everyone can clearly see the opposite is beyond common sense.
Looks like you were buffed with the new meta indirect changes too!! Now that there are more viable Sub-Zero variations to go against you can really unleash it against them all! Congrats man you deserved it :D

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Really? No one's complaining about the fact that he has 50/50s into 50/50s? First you guess if he does B2 or B3.. k.. then you have to guess if he has to do B33 into full combo, OR B3 tick/EX tick, marvelous.

Statement makes no logical sense
So....my statement makes no logical sense. Huh?. I remember in my own flesh, my little brother owning me every time I played the Sub Zero vs Kenshin 0-10 matchup back in MK9, Me being the Sub Zero. And he wasn't very skilled with him. Now, Sub Zero players will own all Kenshin matchups now in this new game (in this patch i meant). Karma is a bitch (Mr. rising karma player). LMAO.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
So....my statement makes no logical sense. Huh?. I remember in my own flesh, my little brother owning me every time I played the Sub Zero vs Kenshin 0-10 matchup back in MK9, Me being the Sub Zero. And he wasn't very skilled with him. Now, Sub Zero players will own all Kenshin matchups now in this new game (in this patch i meant). Karma is a bitch (Mr. rising karma player). LMAO.
Well again you're dumber than dirt and not speaking w any logical sense seeing how kenshi beats sub zero in mkxl and still today w this patch. So maybe you leveled up and today your brother just sucks (assuming he uses kenshi)

I'd also be more than happy to play your sub and teach you about real Karma.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Well again you're dumber than dirt and not speaking w any logical sense seeing how kenshi beats sub zero in mkxl and still today w this patch. So maybe you leveled up and today your brother just sucks (assuming he uses kenshi)

I'd also be more than happy to play your sub and teach you about real Karma.
Proof that Brant is a savage. Wonder if he's like this in person?

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Noticed in the corner Fox would often use hammer for the hard knockdown, forward dash, back jump punch. Is that commonly known safe jump setup?
Sure is. There was a Sub-Zero gimmicks thread a while ago. It was listed there. I think other kharacters, like Kotal for example, can do something similar.

Ice Hammer is -4 I believe or it was pre patch.

They also made frost bomb safe, not sure why tbh. Complete with mobility via whiffing slides Sub Zero is a good character.

Of everything I saw people wanting buffed with Cryo. Faster Strings (he got one) making the ice sword plunge an overhead again, 2 hits of armor on ice hammer or faster start up. Adding a command grab and giving it upwards of 9 ticks wouldn't have been something I'd personally have gone with.

Then again it wasn't up to me. The Cryo Community should be ecstatic
Ice burst being safe was a welcome buff. Prior, SZ had no real way to end his strings safely besides clone, which is what made GM so superior.

Hammer was actually -10 and had massive gaps when cancelled from strings (with the exception of f4 xx hammer) and only boasted 2-3 active frames, leaving opponents with the option to jump out and full combo punish, or simply block the incredibly slow OH. Off the top of my head SZ, CSZ, Reptile, Lao and Ermac could all reliably reversal punish.

Most strings into hammer still have a gap. I assume it's the same with strings/ pokes into tick throws, despite his new cancel advantage. Treat this gap as you would others and players might find some luck. I'd recommend OS armor or reversal back dash. Cryo's meta is the same as it always was, disrupt the opponents cadence. The only difference is now he has the tools to do so, instead of relying on gimmicks.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Most strings into hammer still have a gap. I assume it's the same with strings/ pokes into tick throws, despite his new cancel advantage. Treat this gap as you would others and players might find some luck. I'd recommend OS armor or reversal back dash. Cryo's meta is the same as it always was, disrupt the opponents cadence. The only difference is now he has the tools to do so, instead of relying on gimmicks.
Definitely some info for me to keep in the back pocket, thanks bro.

Lokheit

Noob
Sure is. There was a Sub-Zero gimmicks thread a while ago. It was listed there. I think other kharacters, like Kotal for example, can do something similar.

Ice burst being safe was a welcome buff. Prior, SZ had no real way to end his strings safely besides clone, which is what made GM so superior.

Hammer was actually -10 and had massive gaps when cancelled from strings (with the exception of f4 xx hammer) and only boasted 2-3 active frames, leaving opponents with the option to jump out and full combo punish, or simply block the incredibly slow OH. Off the top of my head SZ, CSZ, Reptile, Lao and Ermac could all reliably reversal punish.

Also, people learning the matchup will learn to... fuzzy duck? (not sure how to say it) the tick throw from the strings that can get it. It can be ducked (most tick throws can't be ducked) and the timing is different than the hits following the strings if they're continued. Of course the Cryomancer could use an EX burst that has almost the same timing (only 1 frame difference) or something else if he thinks they're going to duck but that's part of the mind games and the burst can be punished by armor now just like the tick throw.

Whiffing the tick to a ducking opponent is full combo punish. Instead of ducking it can also be evaded and punished by jumping like any other tick throw, and jumping also evades the hammer so you cover multiple options.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Just keep in mind you can duck the command grab. So D4 command grab isn't AS strong with that in mind.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
One thing I certainly notice about Reos matches with Fox. Cryo Sub always has meter. Between this set and the other one Reo uploaded, I have never seen so many X rays.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
One thing I certainly notice about Reos matches with Fox. Cryo Sub always has meter. Between this set and the other one Reo uploaded, I have never seen so many X rays.
There's going to be so much more meter in this version of the game. So many things count as a 'kounter' now and they all give extra meter

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Friendly reminder vs. Erron and now Cryo's command grabs, you can:

- njp for full combo
- neutral duck for full combo
- crossover jip for full combo
- option select with armor (obviously this option has been hurt due to lack of launching armor)