What's new

Sonic Fox's Official Post Patch Tier List

Did any of you that criticize see his explanation why this and that character are there?
A lot of people disagree simply because they dont like what they see.
Some people even trying to explain that SonicFox dont know the game or the characters. :D
Forum ninja warriors are saying The best MK player in the history, who won 3 out of 4 major and finish second at the 4, dont know what are talking ....
You cant have more fun then here. :D

Once again this is his opinion and how he see the game. This is not Tier List based on online warriors, mostly low to mid tier constant pokers and "throwers".

I read a lot of funny stuff how Jonny Cage is better vs Liu Kang in that match up. Would the same guy explain, why then the best Jonny Cage player in the World - XxKombatXXKiller choose Baraka when he plays against Top Liu Kang players?
The guy who said Jax is no way at the top, go watch some SonicFox gamepllay with Jax and see how he demolish everyone with him.

Tweedy also have Liu Kang at top and Cetrion at second place, yet people here seems to know better then best players in the world. :D
Few weeks ago people were saying Cassie the best character in the game. So its obviously who understand the game and who not.
There is a lot of similarity between Sonic and Tweedy tier list.
Still people wont be happy, because it`s not how they were thinking. :D

JJParker

Noob
I don't care what any pro player says if the same 3 or 4 characters get put at the bottom of everyone's tier list then those characters are in no way shape or form viable.

I find it hilarious that people think their own personal tier list is more valid than the one from the current best player which has undoubtedly the largest comprehension of the game. Have you seen his explanation video? No better, have you seen his streams?

In the last week he spent 12hrs a day, constantly streaming, constantly playing the game, every single day, labbing characters, taking a character to practice and labbing the same single move for 6hrs straight on stream nonstop just to reach perfection, and you question his take on the game?

Don't make a fool of yourself.

I find it hilarious that people think their own personal tier list is more valid than the one from the current best player which has undoubtedly the largest comprehension of the game. Have you seen his explanation video? No better, have you seen his streams?

In the last week he spent 12hrs a day, constantly streaming, constantly playing the game, every single day, labbing characters, taking a character to practice and labbing the same single move for 6hrs straight on stream nonstop just to reach perfection, and you question his take on the game?

Have you seen Sonic's tier lists before? Let's say he isn't the best at making them and judging characters he doesn't use/fight against a lot

There isn’t one person that plays every character at the highest level.

I watched one of his tier list streams before. I remember him saying how good Shao Kahn was...lmao

Lie detector test detected that was a lie.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
The only reason Jax is at the top is that he got whooped by GunShow's Jax (the session is on uTube)... That is not a legit rank imo.. GunShow is just one of those dudes that make it look like who they play is broken.. When it is the PLAYER that is broken. I mean Jax is super good.. Always was... But not s-tier. After patch I'd put him A-Tier

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I just always assumed tier lists were based on Match UPS, and I cant understand how a character that essentially can’t use its best tools in certain matchups can be number 1. Very good? Sure. Oppressive vs many characters? Yes. No losing Matchups? You guys are HIGH ON CRACK.
All of these tier lists are primarily based on a character's tools rather than his or her match up chart. No players, including Sonic Fox and Tweedy, could have possibly fought every match with every character since the release of the patch in order to determine a match up based tier list.

I enjoy the discussions and debates these tier lists create, but I think the game is balanced almost to the point that you can use and succeed with every character in the game. I like using Warlock Shang Tsung and Highborn Kitana because they fit my gameplay style. As long as I have fun, I will keep using them irrespective of where Sonic Fox, or any other prominent tournament player, ranks them on a tier list.

The only reason Jax is at the top is that he got whooped by GunShow's Jax (the session is on uTube)... That is not a legit rank imo.. GunShow is just one of those dudes that make it look like who they play is broken.. When it is the PLAYER that is broken. I mean Jax is super good.. Always was... But not s-tier. After patch I'd put him A-Tier
Can you show this video so we can all see it ?

The real reason SonicFox rank Jax so high its because he was looking for new main after the balance patch comes out. And he playing Jax for few days/maybe even a week. And he smash every other top player with him online.
Youtube video that has been posted its just a small video from their play. He stream on Twitch and his video are 3+hours, and in youtube he highlights some fights and upload no more than 20 min.

If you are talking about this exact video:

See the score up there and you will see the SonicFox won the set with 10-8. Then few moments later the result is 0-0. The match is from the set, but its just highlighted. Few matches later you can see the score up there it`s 14-11 for SonicFox.

Last few days SonicFox is making indepth Guides for a lot of characters. He is putting contents for his subscribers on twitch i think.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Can you show this video so we can all see it ?

The real reason SonicFox rank Jax so high its because he was looking for new main after the balance patch comes out. And he playing Jax for few days/maybe even a week. And he smash every other top player with him online.
Youtube video that has been posted its just a small video from their play. He stream on Twitch and his video are 3+hours, and in youtube he highlights some fights and upload no more than 20 min.

If you are talking about this exact video:

See the score up there and you will see the SonicFox won the set with 10-8. Then few moments later the result is 0-0. The match is from the set, but its just highlighted. Few matches later you can see the score up there it`s 14-11 for SonicFox.

Last few days SonicFox is making indepth Guides for a lot of characters. He is putting contents for his subscribers on twitch i think.
Doesnt your ass get tired from all the dickriding?

Hellbringer, doesnt your ass get tired of following and quoting me in every thread?
He is saying that SonicFox put Jax there, because his ass get beaten by Jax. Thats why i replied, because its not true and Jax is there because of the reason i explain in my previous comment. At the end this is a thread about SonicFox Tier List.
Of course im going to correct someone if the statement he made is not true.

Last edited:

AbeW

Noob
lol @ Scorp, kollector and Kano being lower...Scorpion's teleport has been nerfed, he still has all the other bs though. No way in hell is Scorp or Kollector that low. If he really thinks Kollector is that bad then his dude hasn't played a good Kollector then, let him play Destroyer's Kollector then say he's bottom. That guy got to God playing mostly Kollector since the patch. And LK isn't number 1 lol. He's good but far from # 1.
Because he knows ninjakilla will pull another 23-0 with LiuKang on him. So, he has to say Kang is #1. In other words. It's because Kang is #1 that he lost and not because Ninjakilla is fox's daddy.

Parasurama

Dragon
I have to agree with @lordlosh .

Out of all the surprising things on Sonic's tier list, Liu being #1 is definitely not one of them. He has everything and doesn't really struggle against anybody.
I was just stating facts. He was slightly nerfed (LQ). Yet he moves to the top.
I just think if Sonic thinks he is top tier now, he should have thought so pre patch too.
He even used to say Jacqui does the pressure better.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Because he knows ninjakilla will pull another 23-0 with LiuKang on him. So, he has to say Kang is #1. In other words. It's because Kang is #1 that he lost and not because Ninjakilla is fox's daddy.
lol I forgot about that. Good point, LK is good but not sure I'd say he's "top of the line" good.

There a recent tournament(WolfAndLambPC) where Rewind participate and won, top 3 was Liu Kang/Jacqui(Rewind, his main is Liu now), second place SALAIZ(Liu Kang), third place BEVEN (Lui Kang/Jacqui.)
Rewind also won NA West with Liu Kang, while Phoenix reset it against his Jacqui. He switch to Liu and 3-1 him.

Scar, Magician, SonicFox, Tweedy, Kombat all said by one way or another he is the top of the top, some even say he is not just OP, but broken.
Mad sh*** easy character with all tools in the game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
No one can.

Let me repeat, no one can react to throws. They are 10 frame moves. I'm not sure how many frames you have to tech, but it's not a lot and you have to let go of block regardless.
Pros are reacting to the situation (anticipation), and using the start up of the throw as an indicator that they are right. That's why "auto shimmy" is a thing. Jabs look like throw attempts.
People can get so frustrated with fighting games because they think they can't react as they should be able to, and get frustrated and quit. People don't realize that most of that is reads, not pure reaction.

Just as a general question, does anyone know the tech window on throws? I tried to google it and didn't find anything. My google fu has failed me. :(
This isn’t true. You can react and tech offline. Online it’s nearly impossible.