What's new

Sonic Fox Wins Injustice 2 at Viennality 2017

trufenix

bye felicia
No, people used that tech. The problem is it only works in a select few matchups, and against people who know how to fight cold you can't get away with everything Sonic did. This tournament just proved that Sonic is on another level, not that Cold is some secret high mid character.
The problem is the cold community has quite literally said the words unviable, can't top 8, tons of 7-3s (or worse), no neutral, no mixups, only in the corner, only against rush down, bottom 5, etc to define the character. Yet Sonic didn't just eek out some wins with gimmicks, he spanked some of the best, including people he probably plays all the time without breaking a sweat.

If everyone who mains someone better is supposed to be realistic about their character, I think that requires a little more accountability than sonic is just better than us.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The problem is the cold community has quite literally said the words unviable, can't top 8, tons of 7-3s (or worse), no neutral, no mixups, only in the corner, only against rush down, bottom 5, etc to define the character. Yet Sonic didn't just eek out some wins with gimmicks, he spanked some of the best, including people he probably plays all the time without breaking a sweat.

If everyone who mains someone better is supposed to be realistic about their character, I think that requires a little more accountability than sonic is just better than us.
I agree that the Cold community has made him out to be worse than he is (i'm guilty of this too). He does have some really really good matchups. But imo he defintely has more than a few 3-7s as well, and that makes it hard to define his viability. He definitely isn't viable as a solo character, at least imo. It seems that NRS made him out to be a pocket character, which the cold community isn't happy about but it is what it is.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.

Well, what you said is not a contradiction.
Sonic spanked some of the best, but the character still has no mixups, only in corner, only against rushdown, no neutral (only 1 string), tons of 3-7.

I mean I really don't get what are you trying to convince everyone, that he actually gained mixups now that Sonic played him? The character is what it is, the real F23 man, since it's the only viable string in his movelist lol.

Did a magical mixup appear in the movelist after Sonic won? + frames? pressure? guessing games? Nop, character is still the same below mid tier 2 move spam.

LoL @ the nerve.