What's new

Something that needs to be said

SZSR

Noob
Why is it everytime there's a Lao thread Smoke has to come up? I thought we said he was top 10 already.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I thought you meant B33 (both attacks connecting) cannot be hit confirmed into spin and I was going to say that is false, but now I see you mean 1st hit blocked and second hit connects, yeah, of course that is impossible. The window to cancel into spin ends so fast after the 2nd hit of that string.

Kabal is the only character who can confirm off single hits due to the way ND works, everyone else is at the mercy of their chararacter's cancel windows. I don't think this is that big of a deal since everyone else is in the same boat with their strings.

jax isnt top 10, kung lao is number 6
a large bulk of chars give jax huge problems

shang is really fucking good, his zoning is insane, the upskulls are widely underrated and his mixup game fullscreen is brutal... soul steal is one of the best moves in the game buts its a pain in the dick that its disadvantage on hit... the fact that he has a move with that much range that is actually plus on block, deals a ton of damage and allows you to have a mirror match advantage and he can armor it... is crazy... shang is very good.... that being said he probably has more bad matchups then lao (smoke, freddy, jax, sonya, kenshi(?) kabal, lao(?), cyrax, noob(?), skarlet???, reptile)

lao loses to what? cyrax (maybe?), sonya, cage(?), kabal, sektor, kitana???? none of them are 3-7

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I thought you meant B33 (both attacks connecting) cannot be hit confirmed into spin and I was going to say that is false, but now I see you mean 1st hit blocked and second hit connects, yeah, of course that is impossible. The window to cancel into spin ends so fast after the 2nd hit of that string.
Yeah. B3 3 kan be hit hit konfirmed from the first hit which is why I kept telling him it's hit-konfirmable. I mean, who would block B3 and still get hit by the second hit??

This post is terrible and you're a terrible player/person.

15 frames is fast for an overhead. No one can block it on reaction. Try using d+4.

Smoke has some of the best defense in the game. You guys have been told ways to get out of Cage's pressure and refuse to do it.
i think smoke cage is almost even, but thats because smoke bomb gives him a footsie advantage, as far as getting out of pressure smoke has a tough time though.... his normals are wonky and his pokes dont give him enough advantage.... poke into smoke bomb is risky.... i feel like smoke players just need to keep it simple, grab a lot and hes really frustrating to deal with.... for sure a good player... 15 frames is reactable though (.25 of a second right?)... its hard to do dash unders with smoke and things like that because his dash speed is meh...

Kung Lao is also great for mid range footsies...his f2 is a pretty quick long range overhead and he also has a great d4. If you land it, you get to do a free 2121212 string for alot of chip...

Yeah. B3 3 kan be hit hit konfirmed from the first hit which is why I kept telling him it's hit-konfirmable. I mean, who would block B3 and still get hit by the second hit??
I dont understand all these comments above, wasnt it common knowledge from day one you had to dial in your launcher before the the second or last attack even landed? thats why you need at least two hits to be able to call it a hitconfirmable string and the window between the first and the second hit needs to be big enough to react to and cancel into a special.

this is one of the things street fighter players dont like about mk, because hitconfirming works differently in sf and other games. ive played kung lao for a long time now and 21 is still a pain in the ass to hitconfirm, which is why I rely on 24 hitconfirm a lot more now.

I dont understand how you can say 21 is hitconfirmable and b33 not though, they are about equally hard imo, but b33 gives you more visable confirmation because it makes the opponent stand up.

Reactions: Tzu

coolwhip

Noob
I dont understand all these comments above, wasnt it common knowledge from day one you had to dial in your launcher before the the second or last attack even landed? thats why you need at least two hits to be able to call it a hitconfirmable string and the window between the first and the second hit needs to be big enough to react to and cancel into a special.

this is one of the things street fighter players dont like about mk, because hitconfirming works differently in sf and other games. ive played kung lao for a long time now and 21 is still a pain in the ass to hitconfirm, which is why I rely on 24 hitconfirm a lot more now.

I dont understand how you can say 21 is hitconfirmable and b33 not though, they are about equally hard imo, but b33 gives you more visable confirmation because it makes the opponent stand up.
I don't know man. I've always had a much easier time hit confirming 21. Not sure I've ever hit confirmed B33. Then again, I rarely use it.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

Kabal is the only character who can confirm off single hits due to the way ND works, everyone else is at the mercy of their chararacter's cancel windows. I don't think this is that big of a deal since everyone else is in the same boat with their strings.
You are always at my mercy. And I LOVE to show mercy.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Kung Lao is also great for mid range footsies...his f2 is a pretty quick long range overhead and he also has a great d4. If you land it, you get to do a free 2121212 string for alot of chip...
Lao's D4 is actually completely average. Average range and average speed and no it doesn't give you a free 21212 string, even with the hit advantage your string will still loose to any D3. The fact that Kung Lao doesn't even get a free safe follow up to it makes his D4 barely even worth using to be honest.

Btw I agree that Lao tends to be slightly overrated but come on saying his problems are worse than Jax's is exaggerating to say the least.

Lao's D4 is actually completely average. Average range and average speed and no it doesn't give you a free 21212 string, even with the hit advantage your string will still loose any D3. The fact that Kung Lao doesn't even get a free safe follow up to it makes his D4 barely even worth using to be honest.

Btw I agree that Lao tends to be slightly overrated but come on saying his problems are worse than Jax's is exaggerating to say the least.
false... edit: depending on the char, and it is completely worth it lol its a great footsie tool and can be used well with teleport

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
false... edit: depending on the char, and it is completely worth it lol its a great footsie tool and can be used well with teleport
Not false at all, it has typical range and a 12 frame start up putting it in line with the typical D4 and every character in the game (even sheeva) can duck standing 2. Sorry but Lao has better options, if low hat never got patched it would be pretty good but as is its nothing special at all.