What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Some Small Changes Could Help Scorpion !!

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I know I haven't played scorpion from the start but I've been playing hellfire for month or so now and I think anything that could help him get out pressure would be a huge help.

I'm not sure what exactly because like I said I haven't been playing him to long but I definitely have the hardest time getting out of pressure its not quan level problems but still not fun

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
And if its just me not playing optimal and everyone else doesn't have a problem with it please let me know how you handle it

Agilaz

It has begun
I know I haven't played scorpion from the start but I've been playing hellfire for month or so now and I think anything that could help him get out pressure would be a huge help.

I'm not sure what exactly because like I said I haven't been playing him to long but I definitely have the hardest time getting out of pressure its not quan level problems but still not fun
I don't play Scorpion, but what I'm about to say applies to my own characters as well.

*deep breath*

It's perfectly alright for a character to have weaknesses. Not everybody needs to be Tanya.

Mitsuownes

Grandmaster of the Shirai-Ryu
Thanks for tagging @RyuKazuya

I think you are asking for too much. All he needs is B32F2 to be cancable, armored spear or teleport. And maybe faster overhead minion, so you would actually be able to zone with his zoning variation.

O.M.3

Noob
Thanks for tagging @RyuKazuya

I think you are asking for too much. All he needs is B32F2 to be cancable, armored spear or teleport. And maybe faster overhead minion, so you would actually be able to zone with his zoning variation.
Good Idea , and the overhead minion should buff it to be faster , like i said , to be an combo ender

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I don't play Scorpion, but what I'm about to say applies to my own characters as well.

*deep breath*

It's perfectly alright for a character to have weaknesses. Not everybody needs to be Tanya.
Not saying its not ok to have weaknesses it is good to have pros and cons for each character but this game has a lot of pressure so something that could help him out in pressure would help. Since this is a buff thread figured I'd say one of the weaknesses I think he has

Even if its more plus frames on ex takedown I'm not asking for anything to make him Tanya tier because he doesn't need much.

But I guess since no one likes scorpion its not ok to ask for anything but I'll just keep jk puppies :p

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
To all the "it's okay for a character to have weaknesses" apologists in this thread, I'll say this much...

Just go and look up the frame data on Takedown, and the EX version. Given that this is the only armored option that is available to him at all times in all variations. Yes Quan Chi's EX Sky Drop is also garbage but at least he can call upon Warlock for better armor.

Give me one good reason why this is a thing. Just one.

The thing is, I think I know the reason, and the biggest kick in the teeth is, it's because of something that doesn't exist anymore.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
To all the "it's okay for a character to have weaknesses" apologists in this thread, I'll say this much...

Just go and look up the frame data on Takedown, and the EX version. Given that this is the only armored option that is available to him at all times in all variations. Yes Quan Chi's EX Sky Drop is also garbage but at least he can call upon Warlock for better armor.

Give me one good reason why this is a thing. Just one.

The thing is, I think I know the reason, and the biggest kick in the teeth is, it's because of something that doesn't exist anymore.
I agree it makes no sense for takedown to be totally unsafe and -5 on hit.

Also what is it that doesn't exist anymore?

Mahjunia

Noob
Scorpion defenitely needs help, b32 should be special cancelable I think everyone agrees on this.

Hellfire actually I don't know what it needs

Spear needs a proper armor same as Minion Grab for Inferno variation and if we get cocky also the High minion to have armor and lower frames as @Mitsuownes said for better zoning.

f4 should have lower frames, from 25 to 20 atleast. Ermac has 14 frames on his f4 they ain't the same character BUT they have a "similar" gameplay

Ninjutsu I have the feeling it's missing something but if we make f2 to be an overhead, as someone said before mileena's roll should be low too.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Let's not get crazy with these buff requests guys. We already have teleport to blow up zoning we don't need EX spear to have it as well.

EX spear for pressure situations is not necessary imo, Scorpion has a 6 frame D1 and a D4 that low profiles super well and teleport. Remember Scorpion can teleport out of pressure that some armour won't get you out of because his hurt box leaves the screen so fast. You just need to be very familiar with the pressure that gives Scorpion trouble. It is hard to deal with but he has ways out of it.

Speeding up his F4 is a dangerous game, you currently have 8 frames to react to it from a teleport on hit which isn't the easiest thing to do. So making that gap even smaller could turn a single touch from him into a loss which is over the top.

B32 being special cancellable would be nice but I don't think it's essential. I would prefer the B32F2 string to be less negative overall and F2 have less whiff recovery. Also would have to bear in mind the cancel advantage this would generate for Hellfire.

Ninjutsu is just an honest variation, there's not really any dirt with it. You have to rely on spacing and solid reads and being able to quickly identify how your opponent wants to play the game.

Doesn't F2 in his non-Ninjutsu variations whiff at point blank range on females? I also remember seeing a video where his 113 (?) string would randomly be armored out of on block by the AI.
It's his 114 string and it's not random, it is dependant on the distance from which it connects to the opponent. Same thing applies to B32F2.

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Every time I come back to read these comments, I disagree with everything said lol, armored spear, armored minion, faster minion WTF kind of suggestions are these, I agree he needs an armoured move cuz his wake-up game is one step away from entering Quan chi territory but I basically count spear as a projectile so you want a full screen armoured projectile that will pull the enemy to you, stun them and give you a free combo I don't care that you can block it or it's unsafe lol..Just.no.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Every time I come back to read these comments, I disagree with everything said lol, armored spear, armored minion, faster minion WTF kind of suggestions are these, I agree he needs an armoured move cuz his wake-up game is one step away from entering Quan chi territory but I basically count spear as a projectile so you want a full screen armoured projectile that will pull the enemy to you, stun them and give you a free combo I don't care that you can block it or it's unsafe lol..Just.no.
He had armor on ex spear in mk9 :D.

I think armor on ex spear would be awesome but like I've said before its overkill and I Dont think he needs armor on any of the minions.

If takedown was better on hit it would definitely help tho. I'm not sure how much because to much could give scorpion pretty good oki since he has good low and oh and even safe strings

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
What makes Scorpion meh:

-Bad armor
-Below average backdash
-All strings and moves are punishable or start off with a high attack (Ninjitsu)
-f2 in Hellfire jumps over pixie characters at close range
-Combos are painfully strict on pixie characters (214~tp, 123)
-Takedown and EX Takedown leaves him at negative

The 'small' things I'd like:

-Takedown and EX Takedown + frames on hit
-f2 in Ninjitsu unpunishable at all ranges (needs something threatening and safe to mix throws up with)
-f2 in Hellfire to stop jumping over pixie characters (Nothing worse than getting punished for making the right read)
-214 cancel advantage to stay as-is on block, but on hit to revert back to old cancel advantage (They did the same thing for for D'Vorah, why not us?)

Mainly just quality of life fixes. Biggest buff would be to his f2 in Ninjitsu but I think it's sorely needed for it to remain viable in a lot of matchups.

I didn't mention Inferno at all since it brings almost nothing to the table.

This alone warrants the need to buff Inferno. The closest I can think of is that his OH and Mid hitting minions don't disappear when he's hit. Unless people here have better suggestions to buff inferno?

The 'small' things I'd like:

-Takedown and EX Takedown + frames on hit
-f2 in Ninjitsu unpunishable at all ranges (needs something threatening and safe to mix throws up with)
-f2 in Hellfire to stop jumping over pixie characters (Nothing worse than getting punished for making the right read)
-214 cancel advantage to stay as-is on block, but on hit to revert back to old cancel advantage (They did the same thing for for D'Vorah, why not us?)

Mainly just quality of life fixes. Biggest buff would be to his f2 in Ninjitsu but I think it's sorely needed for it to remain viable in a lot of matchups.

These look good and very well thought out.

Slips

This alone warrants the need to buff Inferno. The closest I can think of is that his OH and Mid hitting minions don't disappear when he's hit. Unless people here have better suggestions to buff inferno?
They get me into trouble more than help it seems. The overhead demon might hit a couple times a round at best. The low demon is decent but it's very high risk. In the end I just start playing it safe and I find myself playing like I do in Hellfire but without b3~fbc, 214~fbc and flame aura.

It's not bad, but there's just no reason to use it over Hellfire. Maybe make the ex low minion safe and the ex overhead minion come out faster? Who knows. I'll let NRS decide what to do with it.

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Damn how the mighty have fallen, a few months ago inferno had MKX on lockdown he was the go to of all go toos just hovering over this variation generated enough salt i could season all of McDonald's fries. Man! WTF happened lol.

Slips

Damn how the mighty have fallen, a few months ago inferno had MKX on lockdown he was the go to of all go toos just hovering over this variation generated enough salt i could season all of mccdonalds fries .Man! WTF happened lol.
Combination of nerfs and just general over-reaction to his moves that seemed good early on. Even though he is risky the damage nerf he received made it not as worth it anymore. It might actually be the least damaging variation now.

O.M.3

Noob
They get me into trouble more than help it seems. The overhead demon might hit a couple times a round at best. The low demon is decent but it's very high risk. In the end I just start playing it safe and I find myself playing like I do in Hellfire but without b3~fbc, 214~fbc and flame aura.

It's not bad, but there's just no reason to use it over Hellfire. Maybe make the ex low minion safe and the ex overhead minion come out faster? Who knows. I'll let NRS decide what to do with it.
thanks for commenting on my thread

i think low minion should be unsafe because u can start a vortex .

the overhead minion should be faster so u can end a combo

what you think ?

i think low minion should be unsafe because u can start a vortex .

the overhead minion should be faster so u can end a combo
except for the mid hitting one, the minions are already -20+ something on block; decent players can punish it on reaction. Better players can even take advantage of the "gap" between the string (ie: 214) and the minion (low/mid/high).

as for OH minion "ending a combo"; that'll be fine and dandy. just hoped it can't be interrupted between the string and the move itself. (am I making sense?)

and for my delayed response

YES PLEASE!!! I am okay with f2 not being an overhead but if it's at least safe (or if NRS is generous, +frames on block) at all ranges, that'd be grand!

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
For the last time. All Scorpion needs is his back 3,2 cancelable into a special, his forward 4 linkable from his back 3 making it a two-hit low-high setup launcher, his back 2 in Ninjutsu a low starter, and his forward 3 kick to have more range. In Hellfire and Inferno make his forward 2 meter burnable into a popup launcher, in Hellfire give his fireball faster startup and in Inferno close the gap on his 2,1 minion drop.