What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Some Small Changes Could Help Scorpion !!

Zaphie

Ninjutsu, Batman
Universal
BF4 & EX BF4 +10 on hit (up from -5)
-> EX BF4 is the worst armor move in game. It needs some buffs.

F4 has 23 frames startup (2 frames faster)
-> Still reactable, but little more useful.

Walk speed faster

Ninjutsu
F2 -9 on block (up from -11)
-> Some characters can punish F2 even in max range.

B32F2 -9 on block (up from -15)

Inferno
MG(Low Demon) has 27 frames startup (1 frame faster)
MD(Overhead Demon) has 27 frames startup (2 frames faster)
MC(Mid Demon) has 22 frames startup (2 frames faster)

Wigy

There it is...
Universal
BF4 & EX BF4 +10 on hit (up from -5)
-> EX BF4 is the worst armor move in game. It needs some buffs.

F4 has 23 frames startup (2 frames faster)
-> Still reactable, but little more useful.

Walk speed faster

Ninjutsu
F2 -9 on block (up from -11)
-> Some characters can punish F2 even in max range.

B32F2 -9 on block (up from -15)

Inferno
MG(Low Demon) has 27 frames startup (1 frame faster)
MD(Overhead Demon) has 27 frames startup (2 frames faster)
MC(Mid Demon) has 22 frames startup (2 frames faster)
Worst armour move in the game? Sky drop wants a word with you

MAN0

DevilApes
Make B32 special cancelable and remove all other character's blockstrings to justify scorpion's early hellfire nerf, or bring it back to it's old state.

MAN0

DevilApes
Other blockstring characters didn't have 34% meterless restand into 12% guaranteed chip, with grab and 50/50 mixups.

He needs something but he doesn't need what he had back
But doesnt A-list also have guaranteed blockstring chip damage after a combo ending in nut punch restand?

Wigy

There it is...
But doesnt A-list also have guaranteed blockstring chip damage after a combo ending in nut punch restand?
johnny is a pressure character, and has no real 50:50

His meterless damage is about 24% unless you're in the corner. So even with the guaranteed chip (which has to be absolutely frame perfect to jail and for you to have enough stamina to do 2 skc's) he does less damage.

They are entirely different characters, scorpion didn't need random braindead chip at the end of all his kombos, jc's pressure is integral to his design

MAN0

DevilApes
johnny is a pressure character, and has no real 50:50
HF is supposed to be a pressure variation as well. JC may not have real 50/50's but his 11 pressure mixed up with throws etc is extremely good, and once you get caught in those corner restands gl getting out.

His meterless damage is about 24% unless you're in the corner. So even with the guaranteed chip (which has to be absolutely frame perfect to jail and for you to have enough stamina to do 2 skc's) he does less damage.
JC can do 2 SKRC's on hit.. who else does that? And ofc all fbc/skrc blockstrings require frame perfect timing and full stamina, not just JC.

They are entirely different characters, scorpion didn't need random braindead chip at the end of all his kombos, jc's pressure is integral to his design
How much chip damage is JC's blockstring ending in ex fireball?

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
HF is supposed to be a pressure variation as well. JC may not have real 50/50's but his 11 pressure mixed up with throws etc is extremely good, and once you get caught in those corner restands gl getting out.

JC can do 2 SKRC's on hit.. who else does that? And ofc all fbc/skrc blockstrings require frame perfect timing, not just JC.

How much chip damage is JC's blockstring ending in ex fireball?
Scorpion is not a pressure character.

Scorpions old fbc was the easiest execution wise by a wise margin.

JC's GUARANTEED blockstrings are probably the hardest cancels.

Ending in ex fb you'd still get less damage than scorpions meterless old damage.

11 into grab gets you what 13% then your pressure ends and you need to get in on them again. Johnny is good in the corner obviously, half the cast is lethal in the corner.

2 skc's on hit is irrelevent since you will not ever get near 40% without spending a bar. It scales heavily.

Why should scorpion have cancel pressure also as good when he has a million tools johnny doesn't.

He needs something but NOT his old fbc pressure, most of the reputable scorpion community were accepting of the nerf.

In terms of pure character design, jc's pressure is a well fitting integral part of his game. Scorpion just had stupid braindead chip at the end of every combo

MAN0

DevilApes
Scorpion is not a pressure character.

Scorpions old fbc was the easiest execution wise by a wise margin.

JC's GUARANTEED blockstrings are probably the hardest cancels.

Ending in ex fb you'd still get less damage than scorpions meterless old damage.

11 into grab gets you what 13% then your pressure ends and you need to get in on them again. Johnny is good in the corner obviously, half the cast is lethal in the corner.

2 skc's on hit is irrelevent since you will not ever get near 40% without spending a bar. It scales heavily.

Why should scorpion have cancel pressure also as good when he has a million tools johnny doesn't.

He needs something but NOT his old fbc pressure, most of the reputable scorpion community were accepting of the nerf.

In terms of pure character design, jc's pressure is a well fitting integral part of his game. Scorpion just had stupid braindead chip at the end of every combo
The game was still early when the nerf occured and now many feel the same way as i do.
If chip damage was the reason they reduced his + frames then they could have easily adjusted damage scaling imo.
As I said above if they don't bring his old fbc back the least he deserves is b32 to be special cancelable.
Scorp's best + frame is +7 which is nothing compared to those insane + frames: http://testyourmight.com/threads/run-cancel-frame-data.53811/

All I want is to see my main (HF) being tournament viable and right now he isn't.

O.M.3

Noob
The game was still early when the nerf occured and now many feel the same way as i do.
If chip damage was the reason they reduced his + frames then they could have easily adjusted damage scaling imo.
As I said above if they don't bring his old fbc back the least he deserves is b32 to be special cancelable.
Scorp's best + frame is +7 which is nothing compared to those insane + frames: http://testyourmight.com/threads/run-cancel-frame-data.53811/

All I want is to see my main (HF) being tournament viable and right now he isn't.
i agree , no ones play scorpion in tournaments , and even if they do , they never pass the top 32

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Wouldnt 2 being a mid make b1 less useful? It's a frame faster but 214 can be cancelled at any point and they'll probably no real reason to use b1 anymore.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
There's a lot of buff threads but I see a lot of people outside of a few not playing the character optimally. The buff requests by the op are a sign that he's taking the wrong approach to the character.