What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Some Small Changes Could Help Scorpion !!

O.M.3

Noob
Hello
i want to share with you guys this ideas

First : Inferno

The usual string is

2 + 1 + Minion Grab

or

2 + 1 + 3 Ex Minion Grab

it's unsafe when the opponent blocking

they should add another string

2 + 1 + Minion Drop

there is a gap between the ( 2 + 1 ) and the Minion Drop

and you can interrupted when you blocking

it should be a string so you can do a mix up

The Minion Drop is Slow

and it should be fast enaugh to be in the string

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second : Ninjitsu

( Forward + 2 ) ( Doom Blade )

it should be an overhead launcher

So you can trick your opponent in sweep distance when you use :

( Back + 4 ) Low attack

or

( Forward + 2 ) overhead attack

and the
( Forward + 2 ) should be unsafe in close distance
Because you can break armor attacks with that 2 hits

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Third : Hellfire

The Ex Flame Aura

should decrease the damage to be the same damage for normal flame aura
BUT : the flame can't go down when you get hit , and last longer than normal flame aura

normal flame aura : 6 seconds
ex flame aura should be : 8 or 10 seconds

So what you think guys

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
1) Why are you using Inferno's minions point blank....

2) Ninjutsu F2 IS unsafe up close. Fuck making it unsafer just to give it a trivial mix up game.

3) That is a terrible trade off for Flame Aura. Scorpion's wakeups are already atrocious and the threat of Flame Aura activation is one of the few things that make your opponent back off in Hellfire.

I do think Scorpion has problems that should be looked into by NRS, but I see you're new here, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask you to look around and go over proposed remedies that we have already discussed....

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I like the idea for EX flame aura but I don't think it would really alter much, you get one tick per second so the damage would even out. EX aura's best use is for when chip will end a round other than that there's not much reward for spending a bar on it.

Ninjutsu F2 being punishable at close range but switching to an overhead would obviously give him a meterless vortex but what would it be on block? Some characters can already punish it at close range.

The inferno buff wouldn't really do much as the minions are still reactable and there is no overhead follow up from the 2-1 string. Are you suggesting buffing the speed of over head minion or giving 2-1 more cancel advantage? Keep in mind giving a string more cancel frames will make the string better when used for FBC in Hellfire.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I'm kind of blown away that someone wants to give Scorpions Inferno a 50/50 off blank range minions mid string.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I'd say make 2 a mid and speed up his fwrd 4? Like Ermac's... What you guys think?
If Scorpions F4 were as fast as Ermacs TYM would shit itself inside out in less than an hour lol

S2 being mid would be more than enough.

O.M.3

Noob
I like the idea for EX flame aura but I don't think it would really alter much, you get one tick per second so the damage would even out. EX aura's best use is for when chip will end a round other than that there's not much reward for spending a bar on it.

Ninjutsu F2 being punishable at close range but switching to an overhead would obviously give him a meterless vortex but what would it be on block? Some characters can already punish it at close range.

The inferno buff wouldn't really do much as the minions are still reactable and there is no overhead follow up from the 2-1 string. Are you suggesting buffing the speed of over head minion or giving 2-1 more cancel advantage? Keep in mind giving a string more cancel frames will make the string better when used for FBC in Hellfire.
:D thanks , yes buffing the speed of over head minion

Last edited:

O.M.3

Noob
1) Why are you using Inferno's minions point blank....

2) Ninjutsu F2 IS unsafe up close. Fuck making it unsafer just to give it a trivial mix up game.

3) That is a terrible trade off for Flame Aura. Scorpion's wakeups are already atrocious and the threat of Flame Aura activation is one of the few things that make your opponent back off in Hellfire.

I do think Scorpion has problems that should be looked into by NRS, but I see you're new here, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask you to look around and go over proposed remedies that we have already discussed....
thanks for passing by :D

i didn't say make it unsafer

it should be the same , thats what i ment

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I'd say make 2 a mid and speed up his fwrd 4? Like Ermac's... What you guys think?
I like the idea of 2 being a mid I have whiffed that a lot lately and just like @JTB123 said ppl would freak if f4 was faster but it would definitely being a welcome change. I land it online more so then offline and that's probably due to delay.

Also I will always say he needs armor on ex spear even if its overkill

O.M.3

Noob

Yes , buffing the speed of over head minion

O.M.3

Noob
@JTB123
what annoys me that some other characters like : reptile Noxious and lui kang flame fist

their special don't go off when they get hit , so i thought would be a good thing for scorpion

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Hello
i want to share with you guys this ideas

First : Inferno

The usual string is

2 + 1 + Minion Grab

or

2 + 1 + 3 Ex Minion Grab

it's unsafe when the opponent blocking

they should add another string

2 + 1 + Minion Drop

there is a gap between the ( 2 + 1 ) and the Minion Drop

and you can interrupted when you blocking

it should be a string so you can do a mix up

The Minion Drop is Slow

and it should be fast enaugh to be in the string

Second : Ninjitsu

( Forward + 2 ) ( Doom Blade )

it should be an overhead launcher

So you can trick your opponent in sweep distance when you use :

( Back + 4 ) Low attack

or

( Forward + 2 ) overhead attack

and the
( Forward + 2 ) should be unsafe in close distance
Because you can break armor attacks with that 2 hits

Third : Hellfire

The Ex Flame Aura

should decrease the damage to be the same damage for normal flame aura
BUT : the flame can't go down when you get hit , and last longer than normal flame aura

normal flame aura : 6 seconds
ex flame aura should be : 8 or 10 seconds

So what you think guys

I think you put in some work in putting this together, but you should have put work in on the game.

TYM is like Key and Peele's Put Your Hands Up segment, but we didn't need the second round here.

Play the best guys you can and learn the matchups. If you knew the meta, your first post would have been very different.

Mahjunia

Noob
I've the leak for the next patch and Scorpion is getting some love.

Scorpion - Judgment Day is now special cancelable, has 15 startup frames (down from 18) and does 7 damage (up from 5)
Scorpion - Catastrophe does 10 damage (up from 7)
Scorpion - Flame Heel has 17 startup frames (down from 25)
Scorpion - Spear ex has now armor at launch
Scorpion - Now walks faster than a turtle
Scorpion (Inferno) - Low minion has 24 startup frames (down from 28) and does 5 damage (up from 3)
Scorpion (Inferno) - Low minion ex has now armor at launch, has 18 startup frames (down from 21) and does 7 damage (up from 5)
Scorpion (Inferno) - Minion Charge has 20 startup frames (down from 24)
Scorpion (Inferno) - Minion Charge ex has 18 startup frames (down from 24)
Scorpion (Inferno) - High Minion has 24 startup frames (down from 29)
Scorpion (Inferno) - High Minion ex has 21 startup frames (down from 29)
Scorpion (Ninjutsu) - Doom Blade is now an overhead
Scorpion (Hellfire) - Does over 9000 damage with any kind of attack and if he blocks, he instantly wins the game.

Last edited:

O.M.3

Noob
I've the leak for the next patch and Scorpion is getting some love.

Scorpion - Judgment Day is now special cancelable, has 15 startup frames (down from 18) and does 7 damage (up from 5)
Scorpion - Catastrophe does 10 damage (up from 7)
Scorpion - Flame Heel has 17 startup frames (down from 25)
Scorpion - Spear ex has now armor at launch
Scorpion - Now walks faster than a turtle
Scorpion (Inferno) - Low minion has 24 startup frames (down from 28) and does 5 damage (up from 3)
Scorpion (Inferno) - Low minion ex has now armor at launch, has 18 startup frames (down from 21) and does 7 damage (up from 5)
Scorpion (Inferno) - Minion Charge has 20 startup frames (down from 24)
Scorpion (Inferno) - Minion Charge ex has 18 startup frames (down from 24)
Scorpion (Inferno) - High Minion has 24 startup frames (down from 29)
Scorpion (Inferno) - High Minion ex has 21 startup frames (down from 29)
Scorpion (Ninjutsu) - Doom Blade is now an overhead
Scorpion (Hellfire) - Does over 9000 damage with any kind of attack and if he blocks, he instantly wins the game.

that would be aweson :D
thanks for passing by