What's new

Question So who's maining The Purple Ninja Rain for sure?

Xess

Noob
If Rain is as good as Kenshi then he'll be right up there along with Smoke, Noob and Skarlet. I mean, if you buy him might as well play him at least for a bit. But I truly hope he'll be worth it and top my roster

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I probably will play him, but Sub-Zero seems to be ingrained so heavily into my playstyle. So he might replace Noob as my on and off guy I sometimes go to when I am bored of pwning guys with my 22 and ice clone

Kwon

---->----
Same as Lyuben, i've been playing Sub-Zero 90 % from Day 1 until now, and while i sometimes dabble in other characters Sub will always be my mainstay. He has the playstyle i enjoy the most.

I will however surely test The Prince and implement his gameplay in the Tag-Team.

Every now and then i will switch and use The Flamboyant Purple Prince, depending on what Character the opponent brings to the table.

Albo

Noob
i'll probably main him to to add some variety and versatility to my mains. it's always enjoyable learning a new character and have that knowledge there just in case. if either shinnok or fujin happen to be announced as the fourth character, then it's by by rain from me.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
It is looking very likely that I will be using Rain a lot. He perked my interest quite a bit. Of course I'm out trying to learn like the whole roster, so we'll see.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
My main is FINALLY available! He's been my main character since I started umk3. Well, bye bye ermac, sektor and jade.

Kovu

The Crownless King
I'll probably 2nd him under Cyrax. Depending on how he plays he might replace the mustard robot.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I dont have a ninja yet, so it will be the brutal cop, the blind swordman, and that purple ninja lol. I will use Rain mainly because of his juggle abilities hehe

EDIT: I guess the last stop for me will be to pick a girl

Yep Kenshi is my main now, but I still have trouble against good kung lao and kano so thats when I use cyrax. Also I found that shang tsung is nasty against reptile and subzero.
So I guess it rain kenshi and cyrax for me )

Hex

Noob
If he'd have come out on release, I would have probably mained him. Now it's a toss up between him and Smoke.
Either way, he'll probably be top 2. Even with compatibility pack problems, and even after first week of release. The dude's just too cool to pass up learning.

You can still see people online that haven't even downloaded Compatibility Pack 1 lol
Yeah they should have made the compatibility part of an update instead of making peeps download them.

I'm really looking forward to this character. I like guys with crazy combos, I just hope they do the damage to back up the flashyness. My main is Smoke and he probably will stay there but Rain is looking to be second or third.

Kwon

---->----
I do not think he will have superior rushdown like Kang or Cage, but people will fear his Orb from afar and will be hesitant to fire projectiles at him due to his Teleport.

A huge power and a big factor is also his Superkick with Armor, that can be used as a counter to specials, Sheevas Stomp for example!

A very deadly individual indeed!

Three characters I've always loved in this series are Scorpion, Reptile, and Rain. Next week, I will feel complete inside :)
So yea Rain will be my new main!! but will always keep working on Reptile and Scorp...at least til they make this compatibility pack mandatory.

Judging from the video, Rain has to have proper positioning for most of his moves to land it appears. I don't really see him as a heavy rushdown character, he has a lot of mix ups but his moves all seem to have some range to them. Rushdown characters are like Johnny Cage where they pressure you with heavy combos that keep you close. I don't see that in Rain at all.

In fact, I'd like to see how Rain does against rushdown pressure. If his teleport gets him out of jail.

Definitely going to try Rain out but not maining him or anything.

Only watched the trailer once... but he kinda reminded me of mileena on steroids. Since I main mileena, I'll definitely be playing him alot.