What's new

Question So who's maining The Purple Ninja Rain for sure?

Phantom

Kitana Prime aka MK's Rated R Superstar
Double main Kitana and Rain.

Edenia > Everywhere

Might need to pick up Jade for an Edenian 3peat. Mileena and Sindel annoy the shit outta me so I refuse to play them :p

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I wonder if his lightning will be unblockable or not...hmm, this will make a big difference in his gameplay.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
I have a ps3 but I haven't used it since PSN got hacked. I don't even remember my account password. :(
oh boi, make a new acc

Free online FTW! Plus i need more MK troops in my lil faction of players

BTW i know this was a long time ago but didnt they say kabal was getting a buff?

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Look at other fighters, either characters are banned, or they're not.
There's no temp bans.

I'm skeptical, but hopeful they'll lift those bans.

Double main Kitana and Rain.

Edenia > Everywhere

Might need to pick up Jade for an Edenian 3peat. Mileena and Sindel annoy the shit outta me so I refuse to play them :p

same here.. played cyrax and jade from launch, switched my main over over to kitana and haven't looked back, but bring on the rain.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Look at other fighters, either characters are banned, or they're not.
There's no temp bans.

I'm skeptical, but hopeful they'll lift those bans.
The only other fighting game out now that had DLC characters was BlazBlue, and they didn't really see a release particularly close to any majors, IIRC.

The reason characters in fighting games are banned is usually because of console exclusivity in one way or another, or for being outright broken. These are special circumstances and the characters will not be banned from any majors within the next few months when not knowing the match-ups is fault of your own rather than a release timeline.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
So I guess the first MK tournaments post game release excluded all characters who weren't in the demo???
OK I'm just being smart now, so I'll stop the joke there. The serious part of this joke is that a month (or even two weeks) is more than enough time to learn a character match up.
It would just own to see Rain in the EVO stream. BlindGuy and Ruby I could care less about.

I hope you're right. : )

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
They're not just banned because of match-up knowledge, that's just one concern.

For one, Rain won't be accessible at Evo because the PS3s that are going to be used in the tournament have been in storage for the last ten days and they'll stay there until it starts. They're also banned because they're all still subject to glitches, exploits and all around broken shit. Everyone learned their lesson with block infinites and the like from earlier in this game's competitive life so that's being nipped in the bud.

And I'm most definitely right. Barring special circumstances over broken bullshit, the DLC characters will not stay banned. It's just reality.

Havik

Noob
I dont main dlcs because there is no place in the nekropolis for them how else am i supposed to know how many victories I had with them
btw I think rain is coming with an alternate costume my reasioning is 3's a charm

He'll be my #1 without a doubt and one of the main reasons why I wanted to get this game. Though I'll have to train up a secondary for the sake of him being temporarily tourney banned.