What's new

So where are these people at?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I remember Somberness commited suicide around MK9 era. None seemed to be able to contact him since. So may he rest in peace if it's true.
Is this something legitimate that you heard?

If not and you're joking... that is not something to joke about.

REYTHEGREAT

Que lo que Rey. Man remember we met in Philly, was it 2010? Was it you the one who invite me a drink at the hotel bar? I don’t really remember but I do know I saw you there for sure. Been busy lots have happened and trying to get back into the online scene once again. Good to see you around Rey
Yep, that was me lol. A lot of us have been around since the MKU days. I hope MK11 brings back some of the OGs. Good to see you back.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
@MKF KillerB yeah I remember him, good Ermac in MKD not good enough to beat my Bo tho lol
@mastermalone of course my boy Malone the Ajax of the MKD community, didn’t he look like him? Yeah Malone always very mature and wise man he probably is 50 years old right now
It's been a while, sir! We had lots of great matches in MKD! I miss those days! As of today, I'm 44 but I will be turning 45 this summer. That being said, I still have the skills to handle business in fighting games. We have a game room at my job with 4 Xboxes, 4 PS4s, 2 Switches and a Wii U. Since I work for a company that makes games, most people there are gamers. The guys I play against in the game room play in local tournaments like I do so they know their stuff.

We're constantly up there playing SFV, Fighting EX Layer, Smash Bros Ultimate, Soul Caliber 6, Injustice 2, MKX, DBFZ and SF III: 3rd Strike. I will always have a passion for fighting games. I will continue to play them for as long as my reflexes hold up! So far, so good. :)

Gerchap

Noob
It's been a while, sir! We had lots of great matches in MKD! I miss those days! As of today, I'm 44 but I will be turning 45 this summer. That being said, I still have the skills to handle business in fighting games. We have a game room at my job with 4 Xboxes, 4 PS4s, 2 Switches and a Wii U. Since I work for a company that makes games, most people there are gamers. The guys I play against in the game room play in local tournaments like I do so they know their stuff.

We're constantly up there playing SFV, Fighting EX Layer, Smash Bros Ultimate, Soul Caliber 6, Injustice 2, MKX, DBFZ and SF III: 3rd Strike. I will always have a passion for fighting games. I will continue to play them for as long as my reflexes hold up! So far, so good. :)
Damn Malone it’s been almost a decade my friend. You in Cali right? I live down in the Orange County, are you in NorCal or SoCal? Anyway it’s good to hear from you my man

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Sup Gerchap, long time no see. I used to go by “OJuggernautO” if you remember that name.

It’s crazy to see so many old names in this thread that I haven’t seen in awhile.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Damn Malone it’s been almost a decade my friend. You in Cali right? I live down in the Orange County, are you in NorCal or SoCal? Anyway it’s good to hear from you my man
It's been over a decade! When we last played on Xbl, I was living in Simi Valley, CA (SoCal) then I moved to Mesa, AZ for 4 years. I moved back to SoCal in March of 2010. Now I'm in the north-west side of the San Fernando Valley with my wife and son where I bought my home in the hills. I'm never leaving California again. I've learned my lesson lol!

Gerchap

Noob
Sup Gerchap, long time no see. I used to go by “OJuggernautO” if you remember that name.

It’s crazy to see so many old names in this thread that I haven’t seen in awhile.
Of course I remember you Juggs I barely forget gamertags lol. How you been?

It's been over a decade! When we last played on Xbl, I was living in Simi Valley, CA (SoCal) then I moved to Mesa, AZ for 4 years. I moved back to SoCal in March of 2010. Now I'm in the north-west side of the San Fernando Valley with my wife and son where I bought my home in the hills. I'm never leaving California again. I've learned my lesson lol!
It is hard to leave Cali, now that I’m here I can say that. I’ve been here for a little over 4 years and it’ll be impossible to move out of here.
How can I forget those matches against
“I AM YOURDEATH” we had a good group of fellas in 2004, 05, 06 and on.
BNR, ALEXEI09, BOBBY BLAZE, Aldagod, Noobed, MKF, Red Saleen, G-roy, killerB, 5mokeLk, Dirtylova, Chaostheory, Youwillperrish, stretchshrimp and I can go on and on

Dammit the good old days bro

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Of course I remember you Juggs I barely forget gamertags lol. How you been?

It is hard to leave Cali, now that I’m here I can say that. I’ve been here for a little over 4 years and it’ll be impossible to move out of here.
How can I forget those matches against
“I AM YOURDEATH” we had a good group of fellas in 2004, 05, 06 and on.
BNR, ALEXEI09, BOBBY BLAZE, Aldagod, Noobed, MKF, Red Saleen, G-roy, killerB, 5mokeLk, Dirtylova, Chaostheory, Youwillperrish, stretchshrimp and I can go on and on

Dammit the good old days bro
No one can ever forget Bobby Blaze. It is simply not allowed. YouWillPerish was another really great player from that time as well. Damn, you brought up a great list of some of the best players from that era of competitive online MK. Aldagod, you, Alexei09, YouWillPerish were the most difficult matches for me out of that group. One that you did not mention was easytobeat. He was extremely difficult to beat, contrary to his namesake.

From the PS2 side, M2Dave was the one that I had the most trouble with. I started playing against the PS2 playerslbecause they were talking mad shit about how much better they were than us Xbox players. They were good, really good. But from the ones I played, only M2Dave stood out. The rest, I was able to handle.

Gerchap

Noob
No one can ever forget Bobby Blaze. It is simply not allowed. YouWillPerish was another really great player from that time as well. Damn, you brought up a great list of some of the best players from that era of competitive online MK. Aldagod, you, Alexei09, YouWillPerish were the most difficult matches for me out of that group. One that you did not mention was easytobeat. He was extremely difficult to beat, contrary to his namesake.

From the PS2 side, M2Dave was the one that I had the most trouble with. I started playing against the PS2 playerslbecause they were talking mad shit about how much better they were than us Xbox players. They were good, really good. But from the ones I played, only M2Dave stood out. The rest, I was able to handle.
Yeah my boy Easytobeat, we actually became good friends, we met in person very cool guy, Roberto is his name

Youwillperrish was a sick player i never saw a faster scorpion than his, deadly Fella

With Bobby Blaze we still talk from time to time.

Definitely the 3D era was great

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Is this something legitimate that you heard?

If not and you're joking... that is not something to joke about.
Yeah. I don't remember exactly who told of this, but when Somberness stoped answering on tym someone told everyone to stop callind to him because of that and he'll never answer. I don't know this 100% because I don't know him personally at all, but the guy claimed to know him and that's what he said. Never heard of Somberness since.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Yeah my boy Easytobeat, we actually became good friends, we met in person very cool guy, Roberto is his name

Youwillperrish was a sick player i never saw a faster scorpion than his, deadly Fella

With Bobby Blaze we still talk from time to time.

Definitely the 3D era was great
That's great to hear that you are still in contact with these guys! I wonder how many still play?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Yeah. I don't remember exactly who told of this, but when Somberness stoped answering on tym someone told everyone to stop callind to him because of that and he'll never answer. I don't know this 100% because I don't know him personally at all, but the guy claimed to know him and that's what he said. Never heard of Somberness since.
Do you at least know if the guy who claimed this, did so publicly on TYM, or somewhere else?

It's always been really bizarre to me that throughout all the work Somberness provided on this site, he hasn't had any activity here whatsoever for 6 years now. There must be a way to find out the exact reason for his disappearance by now.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Do you at least know if the guy who claimed this, did so publicly on TYM, or somewhere else?

It's always been really bizarre to me that throughout all the work Somberness provided on this site, he hasn't had any activity here whatsoever for 6 years now. There must be a way to find out the exact reason for his disappearance by now.
I think it was just a status update or something, nothing too public. Don't know anout any other source.

Gerchap

Noob
That's great to hear that you are still in contact with these guys! I wonder how many still play?
Remember Darktrax? The admin back on MKU, he’s doing well, lives in Toronto We were talked last week
Alexi09 still plays mostly fighting games I see him play
Easytobeat haven’t talked to him in ages I’ll reach out and see what’s up. Bobby I can convince him to get MK11 and come out of retirement lol
We should recruit the 3D era players and create a clan for MK11 to show the young fellas how the old schoolers handle business lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

Yea I remember it too. Somberness just disappeared out of nowhere one day and everyone was looking for him. Shortly after someone claiming to know them in person made a post about how they committed suicide and to respect the privacy, not to reach out again or something like that. Somberness never actually returned so it does seem like maybe there's some truth to it. I always thought they were an NRS employee helping us out during a time of minimal information until that post. I can't remember who made the post though, but it wasn't a random member. Very, very sad stuff if true.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Yea I remember it too. Somberness just disappeared out of nowhere one day and everyone was looking for him. Shortly after someone claiming to know them in person made a post about how they committed suicide and to respect the privacy, not to reach out again or something like that. Somberness never actually returned so it does seem like maybe there's some truth to it. I always thought they were an NRS employee helping us out during a time of minimal information until that post. I can't remember who made the post though, but it wasn't a random member. Very, very sad stuff if true.
Yeah the evidence does seem to suggest that, unfortunately, I'm just saying an actual confirmation wouldn't go amiss.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Remember Darktrax? The admin back on MKU, he’s doing well, lives in Toronto We were talked last week
Easytobeat haven’t talked to him in ages I’ll reach out and see what’s up. Bobby I can convince him to get MK11 and come out of retirement lol
We should recruit the 3D era players and create a clan for MK11 to show the young fellas how the old schoolers handle business lol
Man... all of these players you're mentioning.. I almost forgot about a few. It definitely brings back memories of that 3D era.

Gerchap, did you ever speak to Vital at all? I always wonder what he got into. I remember Chingon too..

Gerchap

Noob
@STORMS
If you want to find out, just use the email the person used to create his TYM account and check on Facebook or any other social media platform, if he used that email here chances are that he used it elsewhere

Hope any true tho

Gerchap

Noob
Man... all of these players you're mentioning.. I almost forgot about a few. It definitely brings back memories of that 3D era.

Gerchap, did you ever speak to Vital at all? I always wonder what he got into. I remember Chingon too..
No man, I remember chingon but never saw them again. Bro there are a lot more names that I remember hopefully these people would come back to the online scene

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
No man, I remember chingon but never saw them again. Bro there are a lot more names that I remember hopefully these people would come back to the online scene
They had one of the best clan names: RK = Resurrected Knights

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
I'm definitely down for that!

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Some of you guys don’t know me, I’m an old fella in the community and because REO mentioned me in one of his videos My boy @ZATA Sent it to me and that brought up some good memories so it made me come out of years of exile

Now the million dollar question:
Where are my old old fellas?

STORMS still active
MKF30 still active
Pig of the Hut
Tim Static
M2Dave
Check
Weedoshi
THTB
Konqrr
Bone
James, is he still doing the show?

JTF? Lmao even tho I am probably the online person he hates the most, I’d like to know if he is still around

I have plenty more but I can start with these haa

Chap
I'm one of the old MKU homies too, miss that website

I'm definitely down for that!
nah non of u old schoolers can beat sonic fox :p