What's new

So whats the verdict On Killer Frost?

Opinion on Killer Frost?

• Total voters

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
It's 2016 and I'm reading Killer Frost went 5-5 with Aquaman

Well, to be completely fair, when everyone thought she was top 10, he was saying she wasn't. He was right about that.

Everything else tho...I'm pretty sure I proved all his "points" were invalid for the most part lol
What exactly did you prove?
  • You said she had 0 losing match-ups. What game were you playing?
  • You said she was Top 5. She wasn't Top 5
  • You said she was Top 10. She wasn't Top 10
  • You said she was Top 15. She wasn't Top 15
  • You said she beat Aquaman. You lose to Coach Steves Aquaman when he doesn't even own the game
  • You said she beat Raven. Get bodied by Raven
The list goes on

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Nah,if you watched justice league/young justice Ares and Frost make sense as inclusions. I would've preferred a more traditional flash villain (captain cold, gorilla grodd, captain boomerang) but killer frost is kinda generic bad guy since no one really knows/cares about firestorm.

Again, Ares wouldn't have been my first choice as a WoWo villain (please give me cheetah or Circe!!) but he is one of her major bad guys and his inclusion doesn't seem that left of field.

I have her being definitely better than:
- ares
- cyborg
- joker
- green arrow
- Harley
- hawkgirl
- grundy
- Luther
- catwoman
- nightwing
- Shazam
- scorpion

And debatably better than:
- green lantern
- lobo
- raven
- Zatanna
- black Adam
Should always go original Legion of Doomers over any Johnny Come Latelys, IMO.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.

• You said she beat Aquaman. You lose to Coach Steves Aquaman when he doesn't even own the game
The list goes on
When you're not complaining about FANG, you're alright.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free

The list goes on
All of that happened when I was naive tho. After I got some common sense, I never stated any of those facts.

But here's some of the stuff I proved you wrong about:

• You said Frost would never place in any majors after her nerfs. I went on and placed in multiple top 8s afterwards and a top 3 from Astronaut.
  • You said I wasn't the best frost. At TFC, every frost player were in the same pool. I was the only one to make it out.
  • You said no top player would ever lose to Frost. Frost has scalps from KDZ, Tom Brady, Rico Suave, Blake, P2W, Orochi, etc
  • You said Aquaman beat frost. I beat Brady in the same tournament TWICE and Astronaut beat Rico Suave.
I can keep going as well lol. Again, I'm not stating she's top 10 or anything like that because she's not. Bottom 10 tho is a lie and everything you preached besides her not being top 10 was false.

Last edited:
She was my main and put her as 11-15 spot. Still very good, could compete with top tiers, but lost badly against Bane, MMH, Hawkgirl and Black Adam. She beat many good characters as well. One of the most underplayed characters but no way top 10.
As much as i love her, and whoever knows me, knows this, but i am sad that she will not return.

The OG Killer Frosts unite to mourn her and hope for her to return in Injustice 3.

P.S i do not think that Hawkgirl (who was my secondary) will be coming back too. Glad i am getting my all time favorite Poison Ivy though.

cashthesehands

monster masher
She was my main and put her as 11-15 spot. Still very good, could compete with top tiers, but lost badly against Bane, MMH, Hawkgirl and Black Adam. She beat many good characters as well. One of the most underplayed characters but no way top 10.
As much as i love her, and whoever knows me, knows this, but i am sad that she will not return.

The OG Killer Frosts unite to mourn her and hope for her to return in Injustice 3.

P.S i do not think that Hawkgirl (who was my secondary) will be coming back too. Glad i am getting my all time favorite Poison Ivy though.
Aw come on that hawkgirl mu wasn't that bad! And yea I think they're making room for hawkman this time. And yes, team Poison Ivy! Looking forward to those mirrors

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Killer Frost's tools are dumb, but that don't mean shit when everyone else has dumb shit too. In the words of the champion Uncle Drew, tier lists always have, and always will be, about matchups.

xKhaoTik

No way! These characters were worse than her. Harley. Zatanna. Catwoman. Lex. Nightwing. Ares. Shazam. Green Arrow. Joker. Cyborg. Scorpion. She was solid mid tier.
I know lol. I was trolling lol

Notice how the people who said she was bottom 10 have yet to give a reason except "who does she beat", yet the ones who know she isn't bottom 10 is dropping facts after facts after facts? I think it's safe to say we won this thread lol

xKhaoTik

I wouldn't say she lost to HG
I remember I was saying she didn't lose either but I was stupid naive back then.

LBSH. If HG got the life lead, wtf was frost gonna do? Remember, a very known weakness for frost was her non-existant air game. This MU made good use of that weakness

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
I mean honestly, it's not like it really matters what counter points get posted, it's not going to change you guys' minds on anything.

Martian Manhunter destroyed her as did Hawkgirl and Wonder Woman among others( Bane, Cyborg, Black Adam to name a few also gave her trouble).

Her interactable presence was a joke and she was so insanely reliant on slide that she struggled heavily against characters who didn't have to play around her at all via their good air presence, air normals or air mobility and that list was quite extensive.

The reason why people mention her match ups and how she performs in them is because listing a bunch of good tools doesn't tell the actual story about the character.

I can list a bunch of great tools for Catwoman, great oki, safe mix ups, low profiling combo launcher, long ranged jump normals etc, but how does she do in match ups? A characters can have on paper good tools, but still struggle in the meta due to their match up chart.

If she is mid tier, she's on the lower end. The idea of top ten being posted was my initial reason for commenting because that's just not realistic. I dunno why anybody is bothered by that, but she's not top ten in the current meta of the game and I don't think there's too many people who actually believe she's better than the previous characters I mentioned.

I also think it's odd because the purpose of discussion is not to "win", but to understand and be understood. I'm not weighing in for any other reason than to inform. The idea that Killer Frost doesn't lose AT ALL to Hawkgirl is one of the many reasons why I'm posting because that's not based on a reasonable analysis of the tools available to Hawkgirl and Killer Frost.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
I remember I was saying she didn't lose either but I was stupid naive back then.

LBSH. If HG got the life lead, wtf was frost gonna do? Remember, a very known weakness for frost was her non-existant air game. This MU made good use of that weakness
exactly. its whoever gets the life lead. HG also has no full screen presence. Letting KF have her trait ready to go the very next time she catches HG. This is pretty much the only MU I've played on a daily basis since this games release, and its very momentum based. But all it takes is a well timed back J3 into reset~trait~50/50 for 50%+ damage if you opened her up. If not, you're still safe. S2 and U3 are also key in this MU (all assuming HG doesnt have 5 interactables to play with. Honestly, that's KF's biggest weakness)

xKhaoTik

I mean honestly, it's not like it really matters what counter points get posted, it's not going to change you guys' minds on anything.

Martian Manhunter destroyed her as did Hawkgirl and Wonder Woman among others( Bane, Cyborg, Black Adam to name a few also gave her trouble).

Her interactable presence was a joke and she was so insanely reliant on slide that she struggled heavily against characters who didn't have to play around her at all via their good air presence, air normals or air mobility and that list was quite extensive.

The reason why people mention her match ups and how she performs in them is because listing a bunch of good tools doesn't tell the actual story about the character.

I can list a bunch of great tools for Catwoman, great oki, safe mix ups, low profiling combo launcher, long ranged jump normals etc, but how does she do in match ups? A characters can have on paper good tools, but still struggle in the meta due to their match up chart.

If she is mid tier, she's on the lower end. The idea of top ten being posted was my initial reason for commenting because that's just not realistic. I dunno why anybody is bothered by that, but she's not top ten in the current meta of the game and I don't think there's too many people who actually believe she's better than the previous characters I mentioned.

I also think it's odd because the purpose of discussion is not to "win", but to understand and be understood. I'm not weighing in for any other reason than to inform. The idea that Killer Frost doesn't lose AT ALL to Hawkgirl is one of the many reasons why I'm posting because that's not based on a reasonable analysis of the tools available to Hawkgirl and Killer Frost.
NO ONE here is saying she was Top 10 tho. Idek why that was even brought up.

Her matchup chart was very solid. She lost to 5-6 characters, which are the characters you mentioned. Other than that, she did well against the top tier characters like Batman and Aquaman, and beat some of the lower top tier characters like Sinestro and Doomsday. No one is saying she 7-3s anyone. That is a joke. And the only horrible MU for her was MMH. Every other bad MU was 4-6, which is manageable. And we pretty much agreed she lost to HG. Why are you even bringing that up?

She only had one playstyle, which is get in, set up the set play and keep it going until the momentum was stopped. Yes, some characters didn't really have to worry about her playstyle due to their tools overcoming that, which are the characters you and I both mentioned she lost to. Other than that, that one simple playstyle she had was still strong and effective enough to handle herself against everyone else.

So let me just say it again so it doesn't have to be brought up. No. She is not top 10 in the current meta. Yes, she has losing MUs. With her current MU chart with her only losing to no more than 6 of 30 characters, and doing well against the other 23, that cannot make her a bottom 10 character. She's mid tier. She's around the 13-18 spot. That's a very reasonable placement for her in the current meta and I don't see how anyone can see different.

Last edited:

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Does Myles play any character in any game and not bitch about them? I think I'm noticing a trend.
Real question is, and this is a serious question. Does Myles even play these games? Seriously has ANYONE played him, is there any recorded footage of him playing a fighting game? I'm dead serious here.