What's new

So whats the verdict On Killer Frost?

Opinion on Killer Frost?

• Total voters

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
She was only good for aquaman honestly and even he had good options for her.
She did have everything tho

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@GAV i knew Frost and Ares. I follow DC much more than Marvel though. It shows that they can dig with their casting for the game and the Inj2 roster might have some great new additions.

I have her being definitely better than:
- ares
- cyborg
- joker
- green arrow
- grundy
- Shazam
- scorpion
^ These characters I agree she was definitely better than. When I say "definitely" I mean like "Alien is definitely better than Kenshi". That would fall in line with mine with them. But these--

-hawkgirl
-nightwing
-catwoman
-Harley
-Luther
^ --I wouldn't say she is definitely better than. Some of the other Top 10 characters like say, Sinestro, or Bane, had huge consensus on characters they were better than. Frost never reached that point because much more of the theory was being discussed than what actually plays out in MUs. Other than supposedly beating Aquaman for a few months did she beat any Top 10 character? Where those 5-5's really even or just a placeholder for an actual losing MU?

I dunno, if anything, those there might be her tier.

This part though--

And debatably better than:
- green lantern
- lobo
- raven
- Zatanna
- black Adam
-- I don't see at all. No way Frost was on par with GL, Lobo, and Raven. Savage characters. Those are the characters ranked where Frost is theoretically ranked. Frost reminds me our HT Jacqui. Top 5 on the bench, but when in the game, not so much.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
KF was better than Harley and Lex for sure because those two had a lot more polarized match ups than she did. @SaltShaker

KF excelled at one thing and did average/slightly below average at everything else. I'd say at worst she's the lower end of mid tier.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Lemme refresh yall memories because it seems like yall forgot about this ho

A 6f jab that lead into a string that was +2(+6 with trait cancel), and easily hitconfirmed into specials

Easily one of the best d2s in the game that was hella easy to combo off of, even on a trade, and it was SAFE ON BLOCK

Tons of frame traps, with s3 being +15.

7f d1 that was plus on block and led into a 50/50 on hit

2 different vortex, metered and meterless, 40% on each loop and SAFE. It even had a mind game if it was blocked.

The best parry in the game. 1f and led into a combo with a bar.

The second fastest f3 in the game with good range

A damaging 2 hitting projectile and a tracking "spike", which gave her decent zoning and counter zoning. Lead into combos in many situations that also set up a vortex.

One of the best wakeups in the game.

And of course, the SLIDE. I don't even have to talk about that.

Of course she had weaknesses, like being super free in the air, which is why she lost to characters like WW and HG, and strong zoners gave her trouble, which is why she lost to MMH and Cyborg. She also didn't have any type of footsies outside slide.

Even with those weaknesses, she still did WELL against characters like BG, flash, superman, Aquaman, bane, etc

No way in hell was this character bottom 10. Wasn't top 10 either. Solid mid tier character.

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

People just tried to play her so aggressive and that wasn't her gameplay at all. That's why they got bodied and thought she was such a bad character. She was clearly a defensive character. She literally a block of ice. Hard to break thru because of her defenses

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
KF was better than Harley and Lex for sure because those two had a lot more polarized match ups than she did. @SaltShaker

KF excelled at one thing and did average/slightly below average at everything else. I'd say at worst she's the lower end of mid tier.
I can agree with this.

A 6f jab that lead into a string that was +2(+5 with trait cancel), and easily hitconfirmed into specials

Easily one of the best d2s in the game that was hella easy to combo off of, even on a trade, and it was SAFE IN BLOCK

Tons of frame traps, with s3 being +15.

7f d1 that was plus on block and let into an 50/50 on hit

2 different vortex, metered and meterless, 40% on each loop and SAFE. It even had a mind game if it was blocked.

The best parry in the game. 1f and led into a combo with a bar.

The second fastest f3 in the game with good range

A damaging 2 hitting projectile and a tracking "spike", which gave her decent zoning and counter zoning. Lead into combos in many situations that also set up a vortex.

One of the best wakeups in the game.

And of course, the SLIDE. I don't even have to talk about that.

Of course she had weaknesses, like being super free in the air, which is why she lost to characters like WW and HG, and strong zoners gave her trouble, which is why she lost to MMH and Cyborg. She also didn't have any type of footsies outside slide.

Even with those weaknesses, she still did WELL against characters like BG, flash, superman, Aquaman, bane.

No way in hell was this character bottom 10. Wasn't top 10 either. Solid mid tier character.
But not this lol. Watch.

Lemme refresh yall memories because it seems like yall forgot about this man.

Some of the highest damaging combos in the game.

80% damage optimal reset.

One of the best D2's in the game. Super easy to combo off of. Some of the best AA options in the game.

Chain grab throw setups.

Walking Corpse- can use as a grab, cancel for free pressure into all types of mind games, and absorb projectiles. One of the best tools in the game.

Some of the best oki in the game.

One of the best corner pressure in the game.

A great Swamp Hands that gave him good anti zoning, and traps for full combo when EX'd even from full screen.

Etc.

But no one was calling for Upper Mid Grundy after a few months. I dunno why the Frost stuff stuck on.

Even the Joker can sound good on paper, but I dunno about this characters actual in game utility compared to what most the cast was doing and doing it much easier.

#BuffRaven2017

xKhaoTik

I can agree with this.

But not this lol. Watch.

One of the best D2's in the game. Super easy to combo off of. Some of the best AA options in the game.

Chain grab throw setups.

Walking Corpse- can use as a grab, cancel for free pressure into all types of mind games, and absorb projectiles. One of the best tools in the game.

A great Swamp Hands that gave him good anti zoning, and traps for full combo when EX'd even from full screen.

Etc.

But no one was calling for Upper Mid Grundy after a few months. I dunno why the Frost stuff stuck on.

Even the Joker can sound good on paper, but I dunno about this characters actual in game utility compared to what most the cast was doing and doing it much easier.

#BuffRaven2017

Idk man I guess I'm gdlk for making top 8s with a bottom 10 character lol

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Other than supposedly beating Aquaman for a few months did she beat any Top 10 character?
She went 5/5 or beat the following "top 10" characters:
- batgirl
- flash
- aquaman
- superman
- doomsday
- Deathstroke
- sinestro

She lost to MMH, WW, Zod and debatably batman (although I felt that match up wasn't too bad tbh).

xKhaoTik

- batgirl
- flash
- aquaman
- superman
- doomsday
- Deathstroke
- sinestro

She lost to MMH, WW, Zod and debatably batman (although I felt that match up wasn't too bad tbh).
Na she definitely didn't lose to BM. Me and forever King played that and we both said 5-5. Arma said 5-5 as well. I believe she lost to cyborg as well. That was tough. HG was bad too, but like 4.5-5.5 bad

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Na she definitely didn't lose to BM. Me and forever King played that and we both said 5-5. Arma said 5-5 as well. I believe she lost to cyborg as well. That was tough. HG was bad too, but like 4.5-5.5 bad
I think she lost to cyborg, hawkgirl, black Adam and Raven but I was listing potential top 10 characters. While I agree that BM wasn't that bad, it could be argued that he zoned her out badly and his double jump made slide even more of a risk than it was normally.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Idk man I guess I'm gdlk for making top 8s with a bottom 10 character lol
16 Bit beat Sonic's BG with Catwoman in a Grand Finals of a major.

Character =|= Player.
- batgirl
- flash
- aquaman
- superman
- doomsday
- Deathstroke
- sinestro

I can't wrap my brain around Frost being a 5-5 against BG lol. I've heard it before, just never bought it. Same with DS. I guess I could see her not "losing" to the rest. Maybe, trying to lol but it's hard.

xKhaoTik

I think she lost to cyborg, hawkgirl, black Adam and Raven but I was listing potential top 10 characters. While I agree that BM wasn't that bad, it could be argued that he zoned her out badly and his double jump made slide even more of a risk than it was normally.
O ok i see.

Black Adam used to be bad, but his nerfs made the MU much easier for KF. I feel like that was a 5-5. And I don't think she lost to raven at all.

I wasn't too sure on zod tho. Didn't really play much zods in the last patch

xKhaoTik

Character =|= Player.

I can't wrap my brain around Frost being a 5-5 against BG lol. I've heard it before, just never bought it. Same with DS. I guess I could see her not "losing" to the rest. Maybe, trying to lol but it's hard.
True lol.

And yea KF did fine against BG. Punishing the vortex was a big deal. Spiking Bola on reaction was a godsend. Ducking the batarang and spiking was also good. The post slide metagame was HIGHLY in frosts favor. Frost generally did more damage than her unless BG got her in the corner (that rape :( )

DS was even as well. DS couldn't really rely on the zoning since it got spiked easily, but he had the footsies to fight her

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

Character =|= Player.

She beat all of batgirl's wakeup options with d1. She punished overhead vortex starter for full combo on block into her own vortex. In terms of neutral, they were pretty similar. With killer frost at least having slide to get in easier (although batgirl did have better dashes).

The post slide meta was in KF's favour. She could either d1 which would beat BG's b1 low attempt or throw, or parry anything else. Same with a blocked vortex.

Full screen KF had the better game with her daggers and spike being better than BG's bola and batarang. The amount of times I played a batgirl and spiked them when they tried to bola was

Again, I think this matchup was even, not in KFs favour simply because of the damage and meter dependency disparity.

DS couldn't keep her out (blocked guns from half screen or closer was a spike into full combo punish) and he couldn't jump at her (because even though he had a great jump in, it got anti air' by her d2). He did have the better neutral though and his jump back was annoying to deal with. Each character had their own strengths in the matchup and pretty much made it even.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
I can agree with this.

But not this lol. Watch.

Chain grab throw setups.

Etc.

#BuffRaven2017
The only reason you think Grundy is so good is cause he beats Raven. That Grundy upplay is too apparent boyo. :p

The Grundy upplay started when people realized Superman who was super common at the time was a very easy counter to him. And then Bane happened later.

Grundy is better than people give him credit for but hard counters that were easy to pick up really stopped him from shining.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.

A 6f jab that lead into a string that was +2(+5 with trait cancel), and easily hitconfirmed into specials
What was the string that was +5 when trait cancelled? I have totally forgotten most of her strings...

xKhaoTik

Really? I thought you were gonna say 112 or whatever it was with the kick at the end. I was gonna say it had too much pushback.
She had 3 strings that ended with a kick. 11b2, 1133 and f113. I think you're talking about 11b2 tho. F113 was +4 on block and 1133 was +3 on block.