What's new

So, we're about two weeks out... what are your plans for MK11?

What are your plans?

• Taking days off work

Votes: 29 25.0%
  • GameStop midnight release party

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Downloading digital copy

Votes: 62 53.4%
  • Other

Votes: 17 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
Pray for my store to have it available since global launch because I'm gonna get there by myself, I won't wait for them to ship it to me.

Hopefully I won't have to wait a couple days to get my copy

By the way did the game go gold yet?

Agilaz

It has begun
I can play the moment it releases since I work the weekend shift, but I'm still planning to take Sunday off to get some extra time in week 1.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Since we're getting really close to launch... I was curious as to what plans you guys have?

Also, feel free to post videos if you have YT channels, etc.
I'm taking Jade to the lab with both variations and figuring out her flow, then likely looking into some combos. I'm not amazing at figuring out combos on my own so I'll be asking people like @Espio for theirs.
My main playstyle is figuring out frame related details and setups and then going online trying to see what I can do with pure footsies.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Downloading my copy, I won't take days off this time I want to keep some weeks in my bank to hopefully go to a tournament in MTL, but I'll play most evenings. I can't wait, I literally had a dream about it yesterday. But you know what they say, dreams can't compare to the real thing.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Vacation time already scheduled, starting on April 22th .... strategically previously negotiated one month ago with my bosses , rsrsrs yeah , I'm a MK whore fanboy :p .... the first week after MK 11 release day, will be entirely dedicated to the game .... playing as much as possible :D

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Digital copy is way too convenient. You have to download games these days even if you have a physical copy, so being able to pre-download the game weeks in advance is way too good. Plus you don’t have to go and wait in line and/or pick it up.

I won’t be taking off work but I’ll be playing it a lot for sure. Also, gonna get the Switch version so I can practice at work and when traveling!

98Greener

Greenlord Memelord
I'll be going to the midnight release party myself, which is a surprise considering my city is a bit on the smaller side. But happy I'm getting it somewhat early nonetheless.

Got the Premium Edition, I would be pre downloading it and playing it as soon as I can. I also plan to get a good haircut and shave myself good right before release date, don't ask me why, I know why :)

The week of 23rd is actually my last week of freedom. I am starting my new job on the first of May. I expect to get the game a day earlier, as i usually do. So monday the 22 second is the day i will play and finish story mode. After that i simply plan to grind the game.

In the first week i want to figure out which character i want to main. So that means playing with every character that interests me. I will split my time between training mode and player matches.

After the first week i will try to get good with my chosen character. That means playing a couple of hours in the evenings after work and hopefully a couple hours at the end of the week. But i usually have something going on during the weekends. It remains to be seen how much time i can really spend on this game.

Last edited:
Coincidentally i've got that week off, although it wasn't because of MK11. So that worked out well for me.

I'll probably get straight into story mode and then stuff around with the towers, check out the endings, then after a day or two start with online once i'm more comfortable with how the game plays.

i won't have money for pre-order this month and wb can go to hell for making shaon khan pre-order dlc. thats just a dickmove.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Took two days off, somehow my boss knows why I did it and gave me an extra day off. I love my boss.

And yes I preorderd the game on psn so the moment it hits midnight on the 23rd imma be all over that beauty of a game.

i won't have money for pre-order this month and wb can go to hell for making shaon khan pre-order dlc. thats just a dickmove.
DLC's are truly cancer. It's a shame to see people have accepted it as normal. In the good old days DLC's were part of the game. Now they just cut content to sell you later. Shao Kahn is already on the disk. It is a dickmove to make him pre-order exclusive. But beating a dead horse wont solve anything. We might aswell accept that this is how it's going to be from now.

Took two days off, somehow my boss knows why I did it and gave me an extra day off. I love my boss.

And yes I preorderd the game on psn so the moment it hits midnight on the 23rd imma be all over that beauty of a game.
Your boss is probably taking a couple days off aswell lol

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Digital copy is way too convenient. You have to download games these days even if you have a physical copy, so being able to pre-download the game weeks in advance is way too good. Plus you don’t have to go and wait in line and/or pick it up.

I won’t be taking off work but I’ll be playing it a lot for sure. Also, gonna get the Switch version so I can practice at work and when traveling!
True... but when I realized I never got a hard copy of MKX... :(

BTW I still have my NRS signed copies of IGAU and MK9 from when I met Ed, Paulo, John, etc at EVO 2013.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Will close myself in the living room and play this game the shit outta of it. Gotta see all the chars to understand them more. For the time being, till they decide to add the kustom variations, I'll stick with the boring preset variations.

Will close myself in the living room and play this game the shit outta of it. Gotta see all the chars to understand them more. For the time being, till they decide to add the kustom variations, I'll stick with the boring preset variations.
This is the question that's bothering me. Will i play presets in ranked or go to custom in casuals.