What's new

General/Other - Tanya So, it looks like Tanya (DLC) was redesigned!

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Aww I was hoping they'd make her purple or some shit just to let people realize that she's from a fictional place. These Black Tanya threads are pure entertainment though..

On the real, I dig this look way more than her story mode one, at least she lost the NPC face..

Dude it is not that serious. I am black and never took it that way ever. I honestly have never seen Jade or Tanya as black females. Just dark skin Edenian characters. But I respect your opinion.
Black fighting game characters
K- KOF
King )Ehh dark skin.
Sean SF3
Raven Tekken
Bruce Tekken
SNK - Seth, Duck King, Mr. Big, Heavy D!, Lucky, Brian Battler
Zack - DOA
War Machine - MvC
Venom- Guilty gear
Zasalamel- Soul Calibur

Just helping you out...

diamond

Became a tier whore out of frustration
There are way fewer Middle Eastern and Latino characters in fighting games.

Just throwing that out there.

i will also leave this here.
apparently this is one of Tanya's variation, "Fire Goddess" found in the pc archives. unfortunately it's the old Tanya model.

Hmm how interesting, idk why it would be goddess though. Unless her tower ending explains if she becomes a goddess or something.

You are indeed retarded. For one half the goddamn cast died in MK 2011. The only reason the shit cast made it in the game is because ED Boon caters to the pro players needs not the true fans that pay money for his shit game. SO WHY DON'T YOU DEAL WITH THAT? The game is broken as hell! The only good characters that are in the game are Scorpion, Reptile, Kano, Sub-Zero, Kano, Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Erron Black. But who knows, maybe some patches will make the game better? Typical game developers release a broken game and spend months patching the shit out of it. Whatever happened to the beta testers? community polls where the developers can get the fucking communities opinion on who they want in their fucking game?
It appears the salt has burst some blood vessels in your brain.

1# resorting to personal insults over someone not caring about "your character/'s"? Really? Grow up.

2# then you appear to shift the topic from one of aesthetics (character preference) to balance? While said assessment is either A. outright WRONG if we're talking viability or B. completely relative to your personal opinion if we're talking favorites or whatever...

Please just stop acting like an infant, it's not a good look.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Hmm how interesting, idk why it would be goddess though. Unless her tower ending explains if she becomes a goddess or something.
Rain is a Demi God. They seemed to appear together in story mode so perhaps they are connected in some way and she is considered a goddess???

She is also considered one of the most devious characters in the game, so maybe she fooled everyone and is a false goddess like Kotal Khan

Just some theories to put out there :)

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Rain is a Demi God. They seemed to appear together in story mode so perhaps they are connected in some way and she is considered a goddess???

She is also considered one of the most devious characters in the game, so maybe she fooled everyone and is a false goddess like Kotal Khan

Just some theories to put out there :)
whelp now i'm going to think about Kotal sitting around and desperately attempting to convince Reptile and Ermac that he is a goddess...

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
it is disingenuous to imply that the social construct of race and ethnicity is simply based on one's ancestry while outright ignoring one's aesthetics and appearance to the greater public.
I'm sorry. I'll never presume anything about Edenians ever again.

Tanya is still not black.

Black people are of African descent.

Tanya is from Edenia.

Africa is not a continent on Edenia, as far as I'm aware.
Africa is hardly the only continent were you can find black people, so what is your point?

And Edenians are not that different from humans, them have different varied ethnicities is logical. The character Darrius is also proof that black people exist in other realms too.

ridianfable

Of the Badlands
Sean is Brazilian.
That argument makes no sense. Brazilian is a nationality not a race. That's like saying Derek Jeter looks Michiganian. Sean is of African descent hence the dark skin and hair that can curl into dreads naturally. I've noticed it's mostly american's that have issues with race this way.

A large segment of the player base is of African descent, it's nice that there are characters that reflect that.

That argument makes no sense. Brazilian is a nationality not a race. That's like saying Derek Jeter looks Michiganian. Sean is of African descent hence the dark skin and hair that can curl into dreads naturally. I've noticed it's mostly american's that have issues with race this way.

A large segment of the player base is of African descent, it's nice that there are characters that reflect that.
People here don't understand Edenian is a nationality not a race. People can be black and be born any where in the world, fiction or nonfiction. Most people that have dark skin have African descent even Asian people.