What's new

General/Other - Tanya So, it looks like Tanya (DLC) was redesigned!

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
This is by far the dumbest thread. I can't believe you guys made race this big of an issue with a fictional character who's race was never really set in stone. They only thing that was confirmed is she from Edenia. So arguing back in forth of what nationality comparison she has to "Our World" is just "I'm write, your are wrong" contest.

When in reality, until the creators of the character actually come out and say what she is, she can Brazilian, Egyptian, African, Middle Eastern, or just have a tan to anyone who thinks that way.

Why don't you just get back on topic of the character and their new designed instead of making things about "Race."

This is by far the dumbest thread. I can't believe you guys made race this big of an issue with a fictional character who's race was never really set in stone. They only thing that was confirmed is she from Edenia. So arguing back in forth of what nationality comparison she has to "Our World" is just "I'm write, your are wrong" contest.

When in reality, until the creators of the character actually come out and say what she is, she can Brazilian, Egyptian, African, Middle Eastern, or just have a tan to anyone who thinks that way.

Why don't you just get back on topic of the character and their new designed instead of making things about "Race."
Why do you want people to shut up about Tanya's race when it's about Tanya herself? No one here said a swear word. No one here said nothing bad about you or your family, so what's the be deal? Brazilian, Egyptian and African, are all original black people. Most middle eastern people face looks nothing like Tanya's. Yes middle easterns have brown skin but most of their faces looks nothing like a black person. That's because Tanya was made to look like a black woman. Tanya's not tan because her nose and lips would not look like that, and she wouldn't have dark brown skin if she was a tanned woman. A tan doesn't give you brown skin. Could Tanya be Asian or Middle Eastern, yes. Most likely Tanya's black and that makes you and many others upset.

It's just to much evidence that points to Tanya being a black Edenian woman and almost 0 that points to her being a White, Asian or Middle Eastern Edenian woman

Last edited:

Linkuei82

Why do you want people to shut up about Tanya's race when it's about Tanya herself? Brazilian, Egyptian and African, are all original black people. Most middle eastern people face looks nothing like Tanya. Tanya's not tan because her nose and lips would not look like that, and she wouldn't have dark brown skin if she was a tanned woman. A tan doesn't give you brown skin. Could Tanya be Asian or Middle Eastern, yes. Most likely Tanya's black and that makes you and many others upset.
I'm honestly starting to think you are just trolling at this point. Not all Brazilians and Egyptian are black. It's about Tonya designed not race. You and a few others made her having to be black or African bigger than it was really about. And you can have dark skin and not be black.

What make you upset is that not everyone see Tanya black like you. So what you are doing is ruined the thread and telling everyone they are wrong and you are right. Either you are trolling or you really are obsessed with having a fictional character be black and want people to acknowledge you are right.

I'm honestly starting to think you are just trolling at this point. Not all Brazilians and Egyptian are black. It's about Tonya designed not race. You and a few others made her having to be black or African bigger than it was really about. And you can have dark skin and not be black.

What make you upset is that not everyone see Tanya black like you. So what you are doing is ruined the thread and telling everyone they are wrong and you are right. Either you are trolling or you really are obsessed with having a fictional character be black and want people to acknowledge you are right.
Yes you can have dark skin and not be black, common sense. My point is Tanya is mostly like black. All evidence that points to Tanya being a black Edenian woman, yet many still think she something else without any proof. In her concept art she looks like black women. Halle berry and Naomi Campbell, Tanya even look just like campbell in that game.

Last edited:

Linkuei82

Yes you can have dark skin and not be black, common sense. My point is Tanya is mostly like black. All evidence that points to Tanya being a black Edenian woman, yet many still think she something else without any proof. In her concept art she looks like black women. Halle berry and Naomi Campbell, Tanya even look just like campbell in that game.
My point is you can think what you want, and everyone else can as well.

My point is you can think what you want, and everyone else can as well.
I never said people can't think what you want. I never said Tanya can't be Asian or Middle eastern. I don't want anyone to acknowledge i'm right, i know I'm right. Fact is Tanya's most likely a black Edenian. There are facts that back up my comments.

Linkuei82

I never said people can't think what you want. I never said Tanya can't be Asian or Middle eastern. I don't want anyone to acknowledge i'm right, i know I'm right. Fact is Tanya's most likely a black Edenian. There are facts that back up my comments.
OK.

Why do you want people to shut up about Tanya's race when it's about Tanya herself? No one here said a swear word. No one here said nothing bad about you or your family, so what's the be deal? Brazilian, Egyptian and African, are all original black people. Most middle eastern people face looks nothing like Tanya's. Yes middle easterns have brown skin but most of their faces looks nothing like a black person. That's because Tanya was made to look like a black woman. Tanya's not tan because her nose and lips would not look like that, and she wouldn't have dark brown skin if she was a tanned woman. A tan doesn't give you brown skin. Could Tanya be Asian or Middle Eastern, yes. Most likely Tanya's black and that makes you and many others upset.

It's just to much evidence that points to Tanya being a black Edenian woman and almost 0 that points to her being a White, Asian or Middle Eastern Edenian woman
Wth? "Original black people"? What is that? I've dated many Hispanic women, Brazilian and Dominican included..noone calls Dominicans "Black" (which by your implied definition=African) they are DOMINICAN. You're obviously trying to skew/mislead your argument against points which you have no defense against since...idk EVERY single modern human originated from Africa, so yeah even Sonya "Original black". Smh just silly...

Being Biracial it's downright embarrassing to see a people so advanced to put stations into space but still relative cavemen on subject of skin color...which is *nothing more than a biological adaption to one's (ancestors) environment*.

Bottom line NRS changed Tanya, making her darker and implementing for feminine features resulting in a better fictional character model Period. Any deeper meaning attached is pointless due to it being completely relative.

Wth? "Original black people"? What is that? I've dated many Hispanic women, Brazilian and Dominican included..noone calls Dominicans "Black" (which by your implied definition=African) they are DOMINICAN. You're obviously trying to skew/mislead your argument against points which you have no defense against since...idk EVERY single modern human originated from Africa, so yeah even Sonya "Original black". Smh just silly...

Being Biracial it's downright embarrassing to see a people so advanced to put stations into space but still relative cavemen on subject of skin color...which is *nothing more than a biological adaption to one's (ancestors) environment*.

Bottom line NRS changed Tanya, making her darker and implementing for feminine features resulting in a better fictional character model Period. Any deeper meaning attached is pointless due to it being completely relative.
Dominicans can be white, black or mixed.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
lol damn 10 pages of racial preferences, technicalities regarding Tanya? I'd like to say who cares? lol

Do people debate what Kai is? Some have said he's pure african, others jamaican etc but makes no difference. I just consider her a darker Edenian, Kitana for example over the years has looked more white, then latina then asian even who cares? lol

Ermac went from looking more hispanic looking to whiter/lighter. I really don't think any of this matters guys, just play the game, enjoy Tanya. No need to make a Baltimore incident over this...

I love the glowing white eyes on Tanya. It makes Tanya look like a black goddess, like Storm of the X-men.
Yeah I don't mind the aesthetic look it just doesn't make sense IMO because most characters with glowing eyes are usually Gods, sorcerers or undead etc. Tanya is but another Edenian(notice Kitana, Mileena, Jade, Rain etc) neither of them have glowing eyes. For some reason Sindel and Tanya do though which always puzzled me but it's obviously a aesthetic look no doubt.

I look forward to how she plays.

Last edited:

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
For some reason Sindel and Tanya do though which always puzzled me but it's obviously a aesthetic look no doubt.

I look forward to how she plays.
Well Sindel WAS undead for most of the story in the original and new timeline which explains why her eyes were white.

MKF30

Well Sindel WAS undead for most of the story in the original and new timeline which explains why her eyes were white.
True, but I meant more so from original design too...Sindel even back then always had glowing white eyes(from an aesthetic view I mean) and with her as you said she was resurrected so it made sense in her case and of course again in the 3D and MK9, MK X.

Tanya however, started out in MK 4 normal looking(no glowing eyes) like she was in MKX story normal eyes then decided for whatever reason to give her glowing white eyes in Deception, MKA, MK 9 and MK X(now at least) it would be cool IF just an idea here, they went with glowing eyes for ONE or two variations and normal eyes for another, ie Tanya in MKX story mode(original look).

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
For the record new version is way better, but can black people stop crying about how underrepresented they are in fighting games when almost every single fighting game has 1-3 black characters. Meanwhile us Hispanics get very little and 9 times out of 10 a Hispanic character will be luchador.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
True, but I meant more so from original design too...Sindel even back then always had glowing white eyes(from an aesthetic view I mean) and with her as you said she was resurrected so it made sense in her case and of course again in the 3D and MK9, MK X.

Tanya however, started out in MK 4 normal looking(no glowing eyes) like she was in MKX story normal eyes then decided for whatever reason to give her glowing white eyes in Deception, MKA, MK 9 and MK X(now at least) it would be cool IF just an idea here, they went with glowing eyes for ONE or two variations and normal eyes for another, ie Tanya in MKX story mode(original look).
Yea youre right. They never gave an explanation for why her eyes were changed to white. Best thing I can come up with is that when MK4 was released Tanya was initially shown to be "good" but then once you saw her ending you knew that she was in fact evil. They may have given her the white eyes in subsequent games just to make her look more menacing and gloomy now that everyone knew she was an evil character.

MKF30

Yea youre right. They never gave an explanation for why her eyes were changed to white. Best thing I can come up with is that when MK4 was released Tanya was initially shown to be "good" but then once you saw her ending you knew that she was in fact evil. They may have given her the white eyes in subsequent games just to make her look more menacing and gloomy now that everyone knew she was an evil character.
Perhaps or perhaps they just went with a look change, who knows. MK now seems half the characters have glowing eyes lol.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Perhaps or perhaps they just went with a look change, who knows. MK now seems half the characters have glowing eyes lol.
Lol! Thats true...pretty much every character that isnt an alive Earthrealm human has something going on with their eyes.

ErMac333

Noob
My opinion is that Tanya was normal looking in MK4 due to her initial context as a normal Edenian resident, just like Kitana and Jade. But since her involvements with Shinnok began, dealing with Netherrealm affairs, her soul might have got corrupt with evil, impacting on her physical appearance. And since they couldn't spoil her alignment on MK4 by the beginning of the game, they probably decided to do this, hiding her true intentions.

Similar stuff happened to Scorpion's eyes, but that's a totally different situation of couse. Shujinko didn't show any physical changes, but it was mentioned at some point in Konquest that his soul needed to be cleansed after his travels through the Netherrealm. So it's still a mystery on why Tanya is a different situation, I could try going on many other possibilities here but it would be of no use, since the change at that time had the obvious aesthetic intention of showing her as an evil being lol

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
For the record new version is way better, but can black people stop crying about how underrepresented they are in fighting games when almost every single fighting game has 1-3 black characters. Meanwhile us Hispanics get very little and 9 times out of 10 a Hispanic character will be luchador.
SHHH us natives only get stereotypical characters with head pieces and bow and arrows. If anyones under represented its us but thats not the point . Tanya is a black character FINAL don't make me put larva up all yo bumholes :DOGE:DOGE:DOGE.

ridianfable

Of the Badlands
SHHH us natives only get stereotypical characters with head pieces and bow and arrows. If anyones under represented its us but thats not the point . Tanya is a black character FINAL don't make me put larva up all yo bumholes :DOGE:DOGE:DOGE.
For sure, but even though she isn't in a lot of games, Angel is my favorite female character of all time.