What's new

General/Other - Tanya So, it looks like Tanya (DLC) was redesigned!

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
I think ppl r missing the point. The issue here isn't whether she black, brazilian, Indian, or dark edenian. The issue here is they lightened her skin... ALOT. And that's NOT the Tanya ppl fell in love with and remember. Ppl want their character to remain recognizable, and white Tanya was not it. It'd be like if Sonya was randomly dark skinned, or Subzero and Scorpion switched colors. True none of these changes would hurt gameplay and be purely aesthetic, but u cant just change fundamental things ppl remember about a character.
I don't disagree in the slightest.
I would like to point out that when comic book characters are darkened and look unrecognizable for movie and tv adaptations, no one is allowed to complain without being labeled as racist. Unfortunate that people can't understand it's more a matter of characters looking how people know and love and not the worst of the worst case scenario.

On another topic, yeah there's definitely less dark skinned characters in fighting games, but I would say there's more Asian characters than white characters tbh.

Either way, love Tanya's new(old) look!

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
What's up with the whole skin tone discussion.
What does it matter anyway.

I also don't get why people say she's black, are you color blind? she is tanned yeah, but black? no.
Jacqui is black.
Jax is black.
Tanya looks more like someone from North Africa (e.g. Egyptian) or South America.
But in the end, wtf does it matter?

Oh and before I forget since I see multiple people mention her;
Halle Barry isn't black, her mom is Caucasian and white, she's mixed.

Last edited:

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
I think he means how historically no matter how mixed they are, people have been thrown into the black group for most of the countries history. Only recently, since outright racism gives you the scarlet letter, have people began to nit pick on who's black and who isn't. Did you know Malcolm X has a white mom? I'm 100% sure he would say he was black.
ya sadly it doesn't matter how mixed we are we are defined in one group by the world.

I think he means how historically no matter how mixed they are, people have been thrown into the black group for most of the countries history. Only recently, since outright racism gives you the scarlet letter, have people began to nit pick on who's black and who isn't. Did you know Malcolm X has a white mom? I'm 100% sure he would say he was black.
I agree, Malcolm X will forever be a black man no matter who was white in his family, a great man.

Last edited:

Tremor

Pet Rock
Congratulations Tanya community, you make me not want to play Tanya so I don't have to associate with any of you. The posts in this thread are beyond ridiculous.

I'm genuinely disgusted and hope some of you get banned from the TYM community as a whole. :)

Levaranoia

War God
lil boy? anyways would you like to try me in mk9 since you think shes garbage bish
Seems pretty pointless as I haven't even played the game since Injustice came out. Doesn't matter what you think I think she's an overall shit character from design to story to appearance. I hate her as a character.

Edenia's Last Hope

Khaotic Czar- the scream king
Seems pretty pointless as I haven't even played the game since Injustice came out. Doesn't matter what you think I think she's an overall shit character from design to story to appearance. I hate her as a character.
sounds to me like you have been bodied before by the queen lolzz... Well too damn bad cause she will be back and I will personally body you when she does...until then sit back and stfu with attacking Sindel fans.

Last edited:

Error Macro

It April yet?
Our father, who art in the Netherrealm, Shao Kahn be thy name, thy beatings come, fatalities done, in Earthrealm, as it is in Outworld.

Give us this day, our daily tech & forgive us our 50/50s, as we forgive those who 50/50 against us.

Lead us not into a Tanya thread, but deliver us from downplayers, for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever.....you suck.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Our father, who art in the Netherrealm, Shao Kahn be thy name, thy beatings come, fatalities done, in Earthrealm, as it is in Outworld.

Give us this day, our daily tech & forgive us our 50/50s, as we forgive those who 50/50 against us.

Lead us not into a Tanya thread, but deliver us from downplayers, for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever.....you suck.
This is the only way to make it through this game.

Levaranoia

War God
sounds to me like you have been bodied before by the queen lolzz... Well too damn bad cause she will be back and I will personally body you when she does...until then sit back and stfu with attacking Sindel fans.
Wait because I hate a character that means I get bodied by them? GTFO here kid. I'm allowed to hate a character because I don't like a character. I've never had a problem dealing with sindel. She's just an overall shit character that I don't like nor care for. I'm not gonna go and buy another copy of MK to bop some kid and they shitty main.

Levaranoia

War God
She hates you too!

Good cuz I hate your shitty character :)

Seeing as people don't wanna read the thread. This is in reference to Sindel. Not sure why this guy decided to quote one line of the paragraph that I wrote to the other guy as a shot at Tanya.

Last edited:

ridianfable

Of the Badlands
Wait because I hate a character that means I get bodied by them? GTFO here kid. I'm allowed to hate a character because I don't like a character. I've never had a problem dealing with sindel. She's just an overall shit character that I don't like nor care for. I'm not gonna go and buy another copy of MK to bop some kid and they shitty main.
Cool, you can leave now. I recommend all his posts after this one be reported for trolling as he has stated that he hates the character and only plans to troll people who are actual fans.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core

For this is a day that Kahn has made! Let us rejoice and despair in it.

ErMac333

Noob
Stupid thing is: people act like the only ones b*tching here are Tanya fans. I myself am a fan, and never really cared that much about the redesign. Some didn't like and expressed their opinion on their own right, others (not necessarily Tanya fans) came and began to oppose the feedback, and then the chaos on her skin color began. Can't believe how something so simple is leaving such a bad taste on one of my favorite kharacters... Damn.