What's new

So is the GRIND worth the Rewards in MK 11?(Kombat League, ToT and Krypt)

Are MK 11's rewards worth the GRIND in Tot, The Krypt and Kombat League?

• Hell no, not worth it

Votes: 99 69.7%
  • Yes, totally worth it

Votes: 17 12.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 26 18.3%

• Total voters
Depends if you see it as a grinding to get something, or you get something for the time that you spend in the game.

If you have to have something and go out of your way to get it, then yeah it's a grind, probably not worth it for what it is.. A recoloured skin etc.

But if you just buy random things in the premium store on occasion and don't give a crap about all the other random things (augments/artwork/music etc) in the krypt, then i guess it's not too bad.

Problem is that people feel they're missing out if they don't have everything, so then grind to try and get everything and it becomes a chore, rather than letting it happen naturally. A little ToT (some with AI, some not), some online to get hearts/souls/koins etc, a round in the krypt every now and then etc. That's pretty much how i'm playing it.

I still haven't unlocked any of the heads in the krypt or the doors in the kytin cavern thing. But i'm not going to sit there for 3hrs just doing enders over and over just to get them. One day it will come. They definitely could have made it a little easier to do, but meh...it's just a game, i'm not going to rant about it.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
My opinion is No I don't think the ground is worth it.

Gauntlet:
I've been very busy but still try to get on this section. Me and my bro are on the same console so we have to do 30 towers of what I can only describe as hell each for both accounts. I'm currently on 9 and don't have time to get on it.

Towers Of Time:
Its a cool concept but I feel the rewards are lackluster vs time spent. I'm mainly in Practice Mode, Kasual Kompetitive & Tournament's.

Kombat League:
No I don't think its worth the grind. Some may feel its worth playing but I don't.
Between FT2 with little adaptability, WiFi every match, High ping opponents I can't decline and Cheaters/Toxic players who don't play sets to learn all I'm left with is play for skins and I don't like most of them. Wish I did like it really.

The game is awesome but grinding skins isn't especially for some like me who plays multiple characters and picks up new ones to become familiar with the entire roster. This makes it much harder to get the skins I want let alone hard to get skins. Its just Time Spent vs Reward that I don't like. If I do Character Towers stage 1-5 it takes nearly all day. And I only get 5-8 skins and a few gear pieces out of 60-66.
Then there is Random TOT which is random may take weeks to get my favs or months.
Gauntlet is tedious and Krypt didn't give much which leaves Shrine which costs more than 100k per skin and 75k per gear and its random 26 x 66 and however many gear there is. Currently trying to grind Kabal Skins the Black ones are hard to find.
Then there is AI battles which I feel is boring AF and why is it a thing. It would be cool if it just unlocked one skin per character or if you could choose which character you are playing to get Skins/Gear.
It would be cool if we got Skins from playing Private Match, Ranked and Kasual Matches/Sets.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
The Kollector in the Krypt. Have fun getting both the right item from some random tower that showed up yesterday at 4am and getting the right roll for Kollector’s inventory.
You can cheese his inventory by quitting to the main menu and immediately going back in, his inventory will be randomized every time. Got basically all the offered gear in a matter of minutes.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Gauntlet ~ was very fun and rewarding. you had to come up with different ways to finish each challenge.

Towers Of Time ~ not a big deal, quick and easy way to get some gear, Konsumables and skins.

Character Towers ~ annoying and not rewarding at all. Fucking stupid requirements especially the 10,000 pints of blood and 75 wins (both should have been paired together, not on different stages O_O)

Kombat League ~ its ok getting skins and such, getting to demi god is pretty simple. playing all the wifi players is annoying though. i wish they'd give us a filter.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
MK9's 300 challenge tower > MK11's towers. The reward might have been underwhelming, but the challenges were actually fun.
This ^ I did feel like I had more fun with the 300 missions and MK 9 in general than MK 11's Tot, Gauntlet etc

Gauntlet ~ was very fun and rewarding. you had to come up with different ways to finish each challenge.

Towers Of Time ~ not a big deal, quick and easy way to get some gear, Konsumables and skins.

Character Towers ~ annoying and not rewarding at all. Fucking stupid requirements especially the 10,000 pints of blood and 75 wins (both should have been paired together, not on different stages O_O)

Kombat League ~ its ok getting skins and such, getting to demi god is pretty simple. playing all the wifi players is annoying though. i wish they'd give us a filter.
You forgot the Krypt, what if they put Sindel's alternate in the shrine :p (I'm sure they won't do that no worries, the DLC seems to get towers thankfully lol)

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
the entire idea of a KL Grind is baffling to me. If you like playing the game you play it and then it gives you a cool bonus reward of different levels. I mean.. you play the game the game rewards you... thats cool.. but why would anyone play when they are not having fun to earn a skin of all things and then it is also a skin in a game they don't like. It is amazing to me that the fact that there is a skin some people feel obligated to grind away.... people are just super greedy I guess. If you just play the game and have fun then the grind is zero, and you still get nice rewards drips to you as you go.

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
but why would anyone play when they are not having fun to earn a skin of all things and then it is also a skin in a game they don't like. It is amazing to me that the fact that there is a skin some people feel obligated to grind away.... people are just super greedy I guess.
People can like certain aspects of games it's not all of nothing. Not pointing out flaws they dont like isn't a great way for the game to improve (if enough people voice same sentiment). Your also implying skins have little value but other games sell them, so there is obviously a demand there. The idea of wanting to own all the content you've paid money for in an entertaining manner in an entertainment product isn't that absurd IMO.

The idea of wanting to own all the content you've paid money for in an entertaining manner in an entertainment product isn't that absurd IMO.
No, but some would argue that the means of getting the content is part of the entertainment, and having it all there initially actually detracts from the value of the game.

Really depends on whether you're playing the game for a sense of completion (find all the goodies, finish towers etc.), or playing for the fighting game.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
This ^ I did feel like I had more fun with the 300 missions and MK 9 in general than MK 11's Tot, Gauntlet etc

You forgot the Krypt, what if they put Sindel's alternate in the shrine :p (I'm sure they won't do that no worries, the DLC seems to get towers thankfully lol)
the krypt was nice. i spent a billion dollars at the shrine lol

MKF30

the krypt was nice. i spent a billion dollars at the shrine lol
A billion? Damn...I spent about little more than half a billion lol. I wish there was a set amount to get backgrounds and icons, you guys notice that also seems random even though they're a lot cheaper lol. I had that red flag MK dragon background that you get early on, then my game glitched erased some of them including that one unfortunately and I haven't gotten it again in the krypt but I did find one similar that I never saw on anyone's profile.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
A billion? Damn...I spent about little more than half a billion lol. I wish there was a set amount to get backgrounds and icons, you guys notice that also seems random even though they're a lot cheaper lol. I had that red flag MK dragon background that you get early on, then my game glitched erased some of them including that one unfortunately and I haven't gotten it again in the krypt but I did find one similar that I never saw on anyone's profile.
im exaggerating the number lolol

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
The ToT and the KL grind are not always fun, but you do get a sense of satisfaction when you complete a tower and get a reward that you wanted and some that are complete surprise.

For example:

I played a lot of ToT last week just for shit's and giggles and I competed a lot of the available towers including a few character towers. I was likely in the top 10% or better because when I logged in the next day, I was awarded with the Johnny Cage announcer voice pack which is hilarious by the way. I also got a ton of other stuff like skins and Krypt items. Because of this aspect, I'm nuetral on the ToT grind. The Krypt grind is ridiculous, though. Lots of useless chests and very few worthy ones. Paying to replenish the chests seems like a bandaid for a poorly designed mode. The skins gear and brutalities should have been located in predefined chests.

I doubt anyone here likes wandering the krypt hunting for brutalities they will likely never find. Also, why are these finishing moves locked behind random chance encounters? They should be discoverable like they were in MKX. While we're at it, why are intros and outros locked behind random chests/Tots? That's just dumb.

KL is fun for me. I don't play it for the grind. I play it for the competition, period. If I get some swag for doing what I like to do, great. That's my take on this.

Peace

trufenix

bye felicia
Considering at this point in every other mk games life i was sitting on about a million koins and literally nothing else to spend them on, yes, it is absolutely worth it. I haven't even finished all the character towers yet.

That said, I really wish it all wasn't completely and unrepentantly random. It didn't work in Injustice 2, it doesn't work now.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
No, but some would argue that the means of getting the content is part of the entertainment, and having it all there initially actually detracts from the value of the game.

Really depends on whether you're playing the game for a sense of completion (find all the goodies, finish towers etc.), or playing for the fighting game.
I would say the game art and design is 80% why this game is top selling game.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
The ToT and the KL grind are not always fun, but you do get a sense of satisfaction when you complete a tower and get a reward that you wanted and ones that are completely a surprise.

For example:

I played a lot of ToT last week just for shit's and giggles and I competed a lot of the available towers including a few character towers. I was likely in the top 10% or better because when I logged in the next day, I was awarded with the Johnny Cage announcer voice pack which is hilarious by the way. I also got a ton of other stuff like skins and Krypt items. Because of this aspect, I'm nuetral on the ToT grind. The Krypt grind is ridiculous, though. Lots of useless chests and very few worthy ones. Paying to replenish the chests seems like a bandaid for a poorly designed mode. The skins grear and brutalities should have been located in predefined chests.

I doubt anyone here likes wandering the krypt hunting for brutalities they will likely never find. Also, why are these finishing moves looked behind random chance encounters? They should be discoverable like they were in MKX.

Peace.

Last edited:

MKF30

I hope with the next MK game or Injustice, NRS title in general if they do this "get a costume, get gear etc, etc" they should allow us an option to definitely get an outfit, definitely get gear give us the choice. I'd be willing to pay more even if I got a guaranteed skin for my character until there is no more, then give me random augments that I'll never use after that.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
If you play a character that has good costumes, maybe. Even then I don't think intros and things like that should be things you need to work to unlock. Especially when char towers are annoying, boring, grindy and just an overall waste of anyone's time.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
To this day I would still love to know how to get brutalities. I have barely any, maybe 1 in 200 chests have them. I sure as hell aren’t going to bother with character towers. I just want all brutalities, how do i do this!?

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
One thing to keep in mind is Street Fighters costumes can't be grinded and must be purchased.

One the plus side Mortal Kombats system is better value proposition wise. On the negative they are less likely to offer what people want as they are under no direct financial sales obligation (i.e themed or more sexualized outfits etc) and also are limited resource wise as there is cost of production with little remuneration (just brand goodwill).

MKF30

The thing about SF that sucks at least what Capcom has done is have that on disc charge content which is messed up. NRS at least we can unlock it but they just made the grind a pain in the ass, they will offer the option to buy it with crystals but it's so damn random and I hate how they only have like 5 outfits sometimes less only 3 per day. I've yet to see the skin I want on the store lol. Game's 6 months in, that should tell you how annoying their rotation is. I've also seen some of the same costumes twice on the store, they need to have better rotation with that option. Especially for the more rarer costumes imo.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
To this day I would still love to know how to get brutalities. I have barely any, maybe 1 in 200 chests have them. I sure as hell aren’t going to bother with character towers. I just want all brutalities, how do i do this!?
most of brutalities are in charcter towers and race of time towers and there’s one for shrine 25k chest for charcter