What's new

So is the GRIND worth the Rewards in MK 11?(Kombat League, ToT and Krypt)

Are MK 11's rewards worth the GRIND in Tot, The Krypt and Kombat League?

• Hell no, not worth it

Votes: 99 69.7%
  • Yes, totally worth it

Votes: 17 12.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 26 18.3%

• Total voters

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
The Krypt is ass, ToT is fine after the patch. I've gotten almost all of the gear and skins for the chars I like by playing the towers. And the boss ones can be fun. KL is annoying because of WiFi warriors but it's still amazing compared to SFV and the progression system is fair, if not on the soft side (which makes up for the WiFi warriors imo)

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
Lol @ the idea of playing Kombat League only for skins.

It’s not worth playing the competitive mode in any game that way. They are for people who want to better themselves and level up. Any loot/rewards are just minor icing on the cake.

The towers complaints I can understand, but that mode is actually intended to be casual, so it makes more sense.
lol @ the idea of playing kombat league for the fun of it, for some stupid rank. Kasuals are the way to go. Keeps it fun at least, and you still learn / level up from playing people who are substantially better than you. Works the same way without the unnecessary bs

PeNNyw1ZE_TDC

Master level Noob
There are many brutalities in this game, most of them in fact, that I will never unlock. The only outfit I want is the Skarlet Kold war skin which STILL isnt available . If NRS wants to make an RPG then fine, make an RPG but keep the grind out of MK. I would rather just pay another 20 bucks to unlock everything that watch the AI grind one more tower.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I honestly found myself deterred to play characters for whom I only had one or two brutalities unlocked, and I damn sure wasn’t about to grind enough to get them all, so I’ve found myself leaning more and more toward just enjoying Samurai Shodown instead these days.

xKMMx

Banned
All I can say is ive gone through the krypt 3 times and have reset the boxed after each time and still can't end up with key items I need to access certain parts especially the back part of the Kytin cave thing.
I have over 3 million in koins, 5k in souls and because the krypt is randomized bullshit and all I get for 20k in a chest is augments and shit I have zero need for it.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
I just play the game and stuff gets unlocked occasionally. It's pretty fun to unlock new brutalities for characters I don't really play. That encourages me to try out different builds and figure out ways to fulfill the requirements.

So yeah, it works for me.

Sorakell

Noob
I vote yes. It can be frustrating sometimes, but i like to have small objectives and i enjoy playing ToTs more than playing online so everyday i unlock something.

The only thing that bothers me is being forced to plat KL for skins, brutalities and items. Hope that those items will eventually be available for everybody, but who knows.

I don't care about ToT unless it's something really kool for my main and I'm so fed up with Kombat League's unfair fucking point system that I can't describe it with words. 7 out of 10 matches today I played for 10-15 points vs. the potential loss of -87, -91, etc. I won 45 points in 3 matches than a lost 91 next. What's the fucking point of this kraziness?

I don't mind if my opponent score big but if I have to play for 10-15 points I shouldn't lose more than 20-30. If this shit stays for next season then fuck Kombat League! I only play Ranked lately and if they keep these unfair matchups and won't let us play regular Ranked in season I won't play MK11. KL Season 3 is the most rage inducing bullshit I've ever encountered with in an NRS game with the Forfeit glitch and this unbalanced matchmaking. Fighting itself is the best in the NRS era but every mode is about grinding and how to make the experience tiresome in the end.

i wish they’d let you earn the skins you get from KL in another way. Maybe something like 500 matches played online with a specific character would unlock their KL skin or something i don’t know.

I know one thing I’d love to spend my crystals on something. I have 5,275 of them and the premium store never has anything that I need.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
At launch, no. Not at all. But after they lowered the cost of everything and made gear and skins unlockable through playing through ToT, it's definitely been a lot more worth it (Edit: it's become more tolerable, I mean). However, I still think playing online should also award you skins and gear for the character you play as, and not just through single-player means.

The randomness of the Krypt is still bullshit. The Shrine should never have existed in the first place. And that some stuff are completely unavailable until NRS decides to throw in some random event that lasts an all too short a time for people to get it, is unfathomable to me.

KL rewards being exclusive to those who are good enough to get to a certain rank is fair enough though. Though I'm not a fan of such exclusivity, I get it. There are people willing to work hard to get good enough to get to a certain rank, and they are rewarded for it. Like winning gold at the Olympics, a cookie for those who earned it. Though I'm not of that mindset, I do understand why it's a thing. It just sucks if you're not good enough to get said rewards, but that's just how life is.

It's the RNG shit I don't like. Though it has changed for the better, it's definitely still not good. It's all just meant to make people pour so much time into the game, so it becomes a statistic the higher ups at WB can show off to their investors. "Hey look, our product is a success, see how many people are using it and how long they keep using it! Now give us more money!" That's all it is for, and as a fan of this franchise and video games in general, it rather sickens me, tbh.

This game is the best MK game yet, imo. But there are things like all the above mentioned crap that cheapens the experience immensely. I love playing it, it's a beautiful game, and it's clear that there's something special here. It's all the WB stuff that's gross and harms the game.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I enjoy it. The only thing that felt like a tiring grind to was the severed head fatalities. But that’s pretty much my own fault for not using the glitch when it was available because I didn’t want to bug my save file up and lose everything.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
FTR, I play KL for the competitive aspect as well since the challenge is fun(though the toxic cheaters still exist, which can make it NOT so fun) not going to sugarcoat it. NRS put the skins, gears etc in there as an incentive for more people to play. Smart, but now that everyone sees the grind and what we have to put up with, it's turning people off. Example, forfeit glitch...nuff said.

The grind and kL has turned tym into a casual shit show of bitching and moaning. It’s like a combination of reddit and gamefaqs without the shitty fan art.

There is slim to none meaningful conversation about characters that don’t get ruined with bs jade and jc complaints.
I understand a lot of topics are merely ranting, bitching threads etc . That is why I'm merely asking the community for their feedback/opinion on the grind strictly in this game and if it's worth the aggravation to be honest. That other stuff, I get what you're saying if someone hates something that much, then don't play. There's tons of stuff I feel is stupid, broken etc about MK 11 but I deal since I still play it. This is a whole other topic though just regarding the rewards being worth it or not. I do think the art is subjective though, not just here but in general on MKK, Instagram, TYM etc what one person may seem is bad another may like. But that's another topic entirely. I do like Kollective stuff, I've uploaded past stuff on there that goe approved. I respect art, that shit takes time and patience.

Edit: typo

I think the way this thread is presented makes this question a red herring, and it's actually about airing general grievances, but I'll just answer the question presented.

For me, no, but it's not because I think there's really anything wrong here. I don't personally care that much about cosmetics. I'm grinding ToT right now because I really want the Johnny announcer voice because it makes me laugh. After that I'll probably not play it much because I don't think I'm the target audience.

There's a weird sort of inconsistency with complaints about "grind" that I don't really understand. People who don't really care for the Krypt or ToT or KL season rewards (and ostensibly most people on this site) are usually more interested in just getting better at the game. If that's the case, why are cosmetics so important that these people are spending significant amounts of time doing stuff they don't like or doesn't further that goal of getting better at the game? Speaking personally, I play KL because I want to get better at the game, not because I care that much about the skins or what my point total is. The skins are fun too, but I'm not going to sacrifice a ton of my time at that altar. Nobody's forcing anyone to go chase down cosmetics to play the fighting game portion of this game.

For those that aren't trying to really assertively get better at the core game and like the cosmetics and single player content, I guess I just don't understand what would make them happier. Would they rather just buy cosmetics they like? I think NRS would catch a ton of shit for that. Or they just want to unlock stuff faster/easier? You're gonna run out of cosmetics pretty quickly that way. I guess I'm just a little confused about what the root cause of all the anguish is.

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
I will not participate in the Krypt joke, no more. I did maybe 3h, and it was pointless. I really don't have the time to spend on it. I literally sleep 6-7 maybe hours per day, if I get lucky. I wake up at 6 am, and get back from work, at 7 PM i gotta do other daily duties, and I don't have little brats yapping for attention. The way we have to unlock gear, is the stupidest concept Boon and Paulo ever came with. It must have been due to bad drugs after effect, or Idont see it other way.

F@co the kl, and the whole ToT. I absolutely have no interest of playing AI. I would spent 100 bucks, to get the gear I want. I feel bad about buying Premium Edition as well, due to this bs.
Even worse its all downhill from here

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Edit: typo

I think the way this thread is presented makes this question a red herring, and it's actually about airing general grievances, but I'll just answer the question presented.

For me, no, but it's not because I think there's really anything wrong here. I don't personally care that much about cosmetics. I'm grinding ToT right now because I really want the Johnny announcer voice because it makes me laugh. After that I'll probably not play it much because I don't think I'm the target audience.

There's a weird sort of inconsistency with complaints about "grind" that I don't really understand. People who don't really care for the Krypt or ToT or KL season rewards (and ostensibly most people on this site) are usually more interested in just getting better at the game. If that's the case, why are cosmetics so important that these people are spending significant amounts of time doing stuff they don't like or doesn't further that goal of getting better at the game? Speaking personally, I play KL because I want to get better at the game, not because I care that much about the skins or what my point total is. The skins are fun too, but I'm not going to sacrifice a ton of my time at that altar. Nobody's forcing anyone to go chase down cosmetics to play the fighting game portion of this game.

For those that aren't trying to really assertively get better at the core game and like the cosmetics and single player content, I guess I just don't understand what would make them happier. Would they rather just buy cosmetics they like? I think NRS would catch a ton of shit for that. Or they just want to unlock stuff faster/easier? You're gonna run out of cosmetics pretty quickly that way. I guess I'm just a little confused about what the root cause of all the anguish is.
I can assure you, just a general question asking for everyone's opinion. Just consider though, there are people who play this game who have the time yet aren't getting everything so imagine those with busy lives who have trouble finding the things they want with the grind. The ToT was broken day one and needed a patch, it's playable and I even beat the gauntlet(which some have argued is broken) it's extremely annoying to say the least but possible, though I will admit the rewards you get from that tower alone is definitely NOT worth it. Play the gauntlet for a few hours, few days and you'll see what I mean. If you disagree I would be very, very surprised. The other towers I have no issues with in terms of difficulty, but if anything more so length. They'll say "random skin or augment" but the problem is it's not so random when you get augments 9/10 times lol. Random to me would be at least 50/50 in that case which it is seemingly not.

It's fun and a good mode to break from KL, however I do think they could give us more skins consistently at least. I have a lot of skins, gears etc but am still on the hard grind for finding the few that I really want as well.

The cage voice is pretty easy if you just play as many towers as possible, chances are you'll get in that 5% or lower within a week. The most challenging thing with that is the time you have.

KL is a whole other animal though, I can understand why this mode pisses people off the most to be honest.

This has been the first KL with skins that seemed worth grinding for.

Between the bad connections, DDOSing, Forfeit Glitch it doesn’t feel worth playing it.

Sorry if too negative. But, that’s my honest opinion on it.

Krypt had potential to be cool, but when the endgame is a slot machine, it seems like a miss.

Towers are ok, haven’t played in a while because they’re not offering anything I want

Lol @ the idea of playing Kombat League only for skins.

It’s not worth playing the competitive mode in any game that way. They are for people who want to better themselves and level up. Any loot/rewards are just minor icing on the cake.

The towers complaints I can understand, but that mode is actually intended to be casual, so it makes more sense.
Not if they just keep resetting ranks plus rank decay

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I couldn't care any less about cosmetic shit when the game has broke ass bullshit.
Like hell I'm gonna bother fighting laggy ass Liu Kangs that can punish Jade for blocking correctly and blow up my zoning full screen with flying kick