What's new

So I started playing MKA again...

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
...but when I play most, around 2-4am, there is nobody on and whoever I play only stays for a few games then I'm stuck in the lobby waiting.

Am i too late for this game? I'd really like to learn some of the nuances of it, like how to 33 and what else is useful that is different from Deception.

Azuro

Noob
O_O

You're trying out MKA again?

A little too late for the main crop of competition, but a few players are still on to give you matches. Myself included (AZURO is my tag).

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Azuro said:
You're trying out MKA again?
Yeah, I only got two weeks into it before UMK3 was released and I stopped playing altogether. If it weren't for those two weeks though, we wouldn't know the madness that Check discovered! He was going to return the game, but I convinced him to play ^_^

Anyways, I got my PS3 back and am playing it again. I don't know jack about any of the characters aside from a few air cancels and MKD stuff, I feel lost!

finally back damnit

konqrr, when i get cable, we will play this shit, lol.

i can cap again, brand new computer, fuck it, lol.

noob 95% ftw ( shang too :D )

so much good shit to start posting, heres one.

select firewell, and pick up hot poker with kintaro/kahn/goro/ and you can do wall jumps off 4,3. ( it has the same moveset as shangs MKDA weapon ) ive gotten some nice stuff with it, kintaro 78%, goro 90%, etc.

damn, i have to make the inf vid also, red isnt doing it anymore.

anyways, its great to be back. new computer is crazy. might need work though.

ill post a vid up soon. gonna order MKA for WII tonight. cannot find it anywhere in stores here.

later

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
ChecK said:
finally back damnit

gonna order MKA for WII tonight. cannot find it anywhere in stores here.
Glad to see you back. i'll have a new pc soon too!

Sadly, I cannot find MKA for the Wii here anymore either. I keep waiting for it to drop to $20 and now it's nowhere :confused:

Tim Static

Adminerator
Konqrr said:
ChecK said:
finally back damnit

Sadly, I cannot find MKA for the Wii here anymore either. I keep waiting for it to drop to $20 and now it's nowhere :confused:
If your really that hard up for it, I can find a copy for you. I have 2 frirnds who OWN used video game shops. Let me know.....

Konqrr said:
ChecK said:
finally back damnit

sweet dude, ignore my PMs, i got everything figured out.

the only thing i need a answer to is the audio sampling rate. it might not matter at this point... but if i do decide to do more combos for MKA, then im sure ill need it. ill send you the media info for 2 files. one from my old computer, and now what they come out to be.

off hand i can remember it was..

44100, 128 kpbs

for some reason, virtualdub will not let me choose this, ( i dont know why, maybe thats where you come in ) so now its..

48000, 128 kpbs

is this cool? even if it means changing the audio from the other combos to this? let me know bro, this is all that i have left in my way. i will continue to try and figure it out.

heres a few more things ive found in MKA..

4 in TKD repeated over and over is a inf... you might be able to jump out of it though, but you cant block for a looooong time after it. lol

3 in sun bin, ( found this on christmas ) repeated over and over is a inf, but same way of avoidance due to recovery. still cant block. and its weird. lol

thats all for now!! glad i got this figured out. i did cap a bunch of combos last night, but i will have to do them over i think ; ( oh well. ill see if theyre cool for now.

later

RoGE

Noob
meh, I might hop on once in a while, but its pretty rare, I might just hop back on just for you :p

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Iori9 said:
meh, I might hop on once in a while, but its pretty rare, I might just hop back on just for you :p
That would be awesome. I'll have to dig out my USB headset as i doubt my PS3 BT headset would work with MKA :oops:

Azuro

Noob
I think it's been confirmed BT headsets won't work on PS2 games. But yeah, Konqrr, there's guys over at MKAC that play on PS2. You should check there for some quality players. MKO's a place to look, too.

Azuro said:
:shock:

I gotta try that out. Thanks for the heads up, Check.
youre welcome. i made a error, it was 4 in TKD, not 3.

and sun bin 3 needs to be tested properly, i know it works, but is it escapable from a spin? i think if you jump forward it is.

ill be picking up MKA for WII soon, not sure if its worth it because of my current settings. i need to talk to K about that.

check my youtube out later for new MKDA Combos! ill be sure to post them up here too.

Check ! ! ! My homie whats good ? i never saw you again ! ! !

well heres my update .

i started playing MKA again , Tekken was fun but not worth my money , im done there . so you know we got to cap the sareena vs scorp/lao matches . hehe . im gonna try and fix my comp aswell soon , for now its PS3 browser .

Konqrr - nice to see you playing MKA man . if you need anything let me know , i owe you for those MK2 tips .

my Gamertag is KRZYBONE .

whats yours ?

RoGE

Noob
Well, I just played again, it was pretty fun. I forgot how much I liked this game, I should not really listen to what other people think of it and play it for myself.

played some guy(forgot his name, MSTRmarshal?) 11-6, those were some good games.

I found out something I should have tried out a long time ago, when ever someone jumps toward you, UPPERCUT THEM.

It's the 2D element, people used Anti-Air punisher's for people who make the mistake of jumping at it. Sonya's B+3 is a good anti air.

Azuro

Noob
I think you played MASTRMAL, Iori. I just played him last night. Lag was bad on his side, though. :(

I'm starting to remember why I had fun with MKA. It was just that...fun. Broke as hell, but somehow, it managed to be fun. I even found myself practicing combos in Practice mode. I even looked at Check's vids again. Man...the lag online sucks, but eh, I learned some games have it worse than MKA. Not to mention, it actually makes the game playable in a sense.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I actuallly challenged you Bone lol...you said you had to sleep. My nick is MordSith. After you left I played that guy that you were playing before you left and he won 4-0, but I almost beat his Lao with Tanya...it was literally down to the last hit lol

From what I saw, Dairou really struggles against Lao, he can really move around. What can I do against Lao's Shaofist low kick mixups?!

The fact that I am MordSith should be kept a secret to only those who visit here. I get loads of idiots who think that because I made a video that I think I'm some God at MK games and like to boost their egos by owning me...so don't call me Konqrr on the servers!

Azuro

Noob
Kung's wind kick punishes Dairou's TSD like no tomorrow. A good player will use the wind kick when they predict TSDs, so you wanna bait it out as often as possible and get them to lay off on it.

The only option you have if you get caught with Kung's low kicks is jumping backwards. Jumping over could work, but I think F1 catches forward jumps, if I'm not mistaken.

RoGE

Noob
Yeah, in MKA you mostly got to rely around safe jumping, and watch out for anti-air's punisher's though.

hehe , dont remember , i do remember the last person i fought tho , really kool dude , it was probably late , i work at 7 in the morning every day . and believe me when i say , today wasnt a good day , i dont know why i stayed up .

but anyway , lol he was using lao ? probably because i was using him . . . hehe

i know exactly what you mean Konqrr , when i came back both times i had ppl challenging me like crazy , im like AHHHH settle down . lol . im not a machine i like to have fun on mka aswell as the next person lol lol .

other than that MK7 sigh . . . . . . lol

i might log on later today man . ill look for you .

@ Azuro - Dairou can handle Lao pretty well ppl just love that TS drop a little too much , i guess they think its still MKD or something lol .

Iori9 said:
Yeah, in MKA you mostly got to rely around safe jumping, and watch out for anti-air's punisher's though.

hehe wrong :twisted:

^ this is why i kind of chuckle when i play on the XBOX server sometimes . everybody plays their best guy Eazytobeat < really good player but ppl dont understand the reasons toward why he does what he does . so they try and copy him withought any knowledge behind his techniques .

when ever im on the XBOX server , i love using projectiles and defenetly kunglaos spear . when ever i walk up to somebody they quickly jumpkick in the air like if thats what im gonna do . lol . i love to stay grounded , its a good way to see what your doing , gives you time to adapt , and lets you see your opponents next move .

sometimes tho its great to jump , for example after a hell fire i like to jump into a F1 , and sometimes lag causes you to go crazy with it . for example me and check jumping over eachother lmao , we both kept missing , shit was funny to watch . lol .

KrayzieBoneThug said:
lag causes you to go crazy with it . for example me and check jumping over eachother lmao , we both kept missing , shit was funny to watch . lol .
thats exactly why playing on small stages is wack. lag or not.

KrayzieBoneThug said:
Check ! ! ! My homie whats good ? i never saw you again ! ! !

well heres my update .

i started playing MKA again , Tekken was fun but not worth my money , im done there . so you know we got to cap the sareena vs scorp/lao matches . hehe . im gonna try and fix my comp aswell soon , for now its PS3 browser .

Konqrr - nice to see you playing MKA man . if you need anything let me know , i owe you for those MK2 tips .

my Gamertag is KRZYBONE .

whats yours ?
chilling, still trying to cap.but its not looking good. this is final day i spend with it,or else im bringing it back.

yea we'll do that, hopefully in the next 2 days, depending on whether things work out with my computer. which might happen. ill let you know.

Konqrr, get back to me when you could please. id appreciate it. sorry i wasnt around last night. sigh..

later..