What's new

Match-up Discussion Smoke mu chart mk9

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Good luck using a 19 frame teleport as an anti air to counter something such as the dive kick.. that is not a viable option.
Um, hitbox of AA > speed of AA. Hardly anybody has a reliable retreating option for Sonya's jump in options anyway.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Someone please remind me to trash this thread and the Smoke community on the next New World Order X podcast. After three years, the downplaying and ignorance are still going strong.

Perhaps we will also bring in @Slips to explain to you fools why Scorpion versus Smoke is one of the worst match ups in the game.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
its impossible for me to proove ketchup as i been one tourny with broken pad which you know, and didnt chose cage smoke or scarlett but regardless this isn't usa and not constant tournaments. ketchup you have to understand were online players and we play footsies and fundamentals how they are meant to be played and more than all the lan players you see in tournaments but you wouldnt know you havent even played us :/ , obviously ppls opinions are gna be waffles as he can get to usa tournaments and play vs people who allow him to do d1 d1 d1 on block etc because they dont know how to stop him from poking . its like me saying to you theres this sektor who does f2 f2 f2 f2 on block and does d1 on block into b34 every game every round and hes the best sektor in the world . your going to disagree. i think waffles is a joke but everyone is entitled to their opinion apart from the level your used to was when you last played with foxy years ago . i dont think you realise how far me and skillful chris aka xholmesyx progressed and learnt pretty much every details gap whiff punish. all frame data for nearly 2 years after you guys quit . i understand what your saying but if mike tyson was from tahiti and couldnt go to usa to win world championship then he knows hes the best but he cant proove himself . i find it insulting to a point and foxy agrees as he hate ppl who d1 d1 d1 d3 on block its actually insulting . but he can call himself the best and people can recognise hes the best smoke because he has the opportunity to do so. :) i understand you point of course but if you knew the game well and bothered to watch his fundamentals and what he gets away with then maybe youd be more like "ok xaraka was right he spams pokes and gets away with it" , if i do it vs chris im gna get combod after 1 none hit confirm poke because hes going to combo launch me for not hit confirming pokes. like i did to you in the tourny with broke pad when you did d3 into s1 with sektor and i just combo launched you couple times. this was a smoke mu section and you even bother bringing that up . i dont think you realise how far the skill level has progressed since you were gone
It's progressed because you were the only one that kept playing. Everybody else moved on.

You literally could not have got into competitive MK any later.

m2dave we know how much ya love smoke ;) lol . dont delete thread plz were having discussions here on mus :)
Someone please remind me to trash this thread and the Smoke community on the next New World Order X podcast. After three years, the downplaying and ignorance are still going strong.

Perhaps we will also bring in @Slips to explain to you fools why Scorpion versus Smoke is one of the worst match ups in the game.

youve mentioned his specials dude saying smoke away is viable for what to get to corner. its not gna whiff punish by smoke away then b23 lol . did you read xholmseyx section on the mu on previous page? :), you cant just smoke away and sb . d4 into b2 and expect to win . once hes in the corner he cant just smoke towards through her. you not mentioned anything thats changed the mu from 7-3 just from smoke away sb and tele punch . once shes in he has 16frame s3 . 15 frame b2 and cant use 21 because its going to get full combo punished. which leaves him with what? xholmseyx covered most things previously which makes it an easy 73 mu . can you read it and make points on whats said please :D . i respect your opinion but like to hear what you say back about what he wrote. no sonya should be falling for run away gimmicks . they can smoke away into the corner im happy with that. then its gg :D
U might want to read my post again lol, the things I mentioned are stuff that has worked from actual offline matches with my bro, otherwise I wouldn't talk about them. But u are entitled to ur opinion tho of course.

It's progressed because you were the only one that kept playing. Everybody else moved on.

You literally could not have got into competitive MK any later.
ketchup people said mk9 was dead when you left but it didnt die out at least not a lot of players in uk yes it did. we love the game and i will forever be an mk9 player. just a shame how many did give it up before full potentials were reached . look at level of ssf4 players and how many years its been out and the skill level is ridiculously good compared to top mk9 level :) . will always be my fav game :D

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
ketchup people said mk9 was dead when you left but it didnt die out at least not a lot of players in uk yes it did. we love the game and i will forever be an mk9 player. just a shame how many did give it up before full potentials were reached . look at level of ssf4 players and how many years its been out and the skill level is ridiculously good compared to top mk9 level :) . will always be my fav game :D
The only people left were clan members that just jumped a lot. These very same clan members are still trying to go to US tournaments and get bodied by rusty MK9 veterans.

yeh but read what xholmseyx wrote in that article and what i wrote and reply to the things we said please . i re read abd you talking about smokes specials . no decent sonya will lose to that. comment on our side please . many thanks
U might want to read my post again lol, the things I mentioned are stuff that has worked from actual offline matches with my bro, otherwise I wouldn't talk about them. But u are entitled to ur opinion tho of course.

liu does fine lmao... he has faster s 2 a godlike mixup potential way better than smokes.. only thing smoke has on him is his potential big dmg.
trust me liu doesnt need his zoning in this mu
well said . liu doesnt need to zone and smoke cant really handle his mixup game that great once caught which he will be

coolwhip

Noob
On paper Wafflez is the best smoke but I find it hard to call him the best smoke because of his poor poking game. Wafflez is a good smoke but from what I've seen he has an extremely bad poking game. He does a hell of a lot of d1s on block into more d1s and I've witnessed a lot of people let him get away with it. Anyone who is excellent at counter poking will blow him up for it.
That's why you don't understand. Watch Wafflez vs. Dizzy or any of his GGA teammates, he never does multiple D1 on block because he knows they'll blow it up. But, in tournament, Wafflez will test out his opponent's counter-poking by doing D1's, if they can't counterpoke, he keeps doing them, because he'll frustrate them, they'll try to jump out, get hit, and he can convert. You think he's such an idiot scrub to do 5 D1's in a row like that because he thinks it's a good idea?

And LOL @ Wafflez having a bad poking game.

That's why you don't understand. Watch Wafflez vs. Dizzy or any of his GGA teammates, he never does multiple D1 on block because he knows they'll blow it up. But, in tournament, Wafflez will test out his opponent's counter-poking by doing D1's, if they can't counterpoke, he keeps doing them, because he'll frustrate them, they'll try to jump out, get hit, and he can convert. You think he's such an idiot scrub to do 5 D1's in a row like that because he thinks it's a good idea?

And LOL @ Wafflez having a bad poking game.
I give up. Yeah you're right.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
DJT agrees, so u going to have to prove ur case vs both of us :p. He also believes smoke beats kitana and etc.
kk lets run casuals at my house or urs this week and grind it out.. since you main sonya pretty much and i main smoke we can see how bad it really is with both chars being our mains.

we gots to do dis for science!

kk lets run casuals at my house or urs this week and grind it out.. since you main sonya pretty much and i main smoke we can see how bad it really is with both chars being our mains.

we gots to do dis for science!
We should invite others for casuals too. Might as well lvl up everyone haha

coolwhip

Noob
I give up. Yeah you're right.
No, no. YOU are right. Wafflez won Final Round 2013 in the game's heyday against the best players in the world with poor poking...because they all also had poor poking and don't know how to counterpoke. By the way, he beat Wound Cowboy in the finals, and we all know, Wound's counter-poking sucks.

Please carry on your insight in this gem of a thread.