What's new

Smite - who here plays?

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Hades also gets fucked by his opponents having beads. That's why I don't play Ares or Hades - anyone who takes a minute to think about it will simply buy beads every time they fight me, so what's the point in playing as them?

It helps to find a God you connect with. For me, Isis was it. She's such a powerful support I'd call her a support/carry.

But anyways...Ra is pretty straight forward and simple. Not a lot of complexity to him. Item builds are important, and using custom auto-skill level up setups are useful too. My Isis levels up the same way every time, so I don't have to assign skill points in the middle of a fight.
what are these beads you're talking about?

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
what are these beads you're talking about?

Beads of Purification under Active Items. Each God can buy 2 Active items, use them with F and G. Each one is 1100 gold for level 3. Never ever use level 1 beads - the cooldown is like 360 seconds. At worst use level 2, a 180 sec cd if you really need them early on vs a hades or ares.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Beads of Purification under Active Items. Each God can buy 2 Active items, use them with F and G. Each one is 1100 gold for level 3. Never ever use level 1 beads - the cooldown is like 360 seconds. At worst use level 2, a 180 sec cd if you really need them early on vs a hades or ares.
that's good to hear as i get fucked up by every Hades player ever. :(

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I like Ra as a beginning god, but honestly I'm all about that Apollo. He was always my favorite god from mythology because he is great at everything. Him and Heimdall from Norse, but he isn't added yet. Now I just need to be able to properly afford him Q_Q

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
We talk about playing this game, but when are we actually gonna do it? I need to earn that favour.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Can anyone give me some tips on how to use/what items to equip Anubis?

I enjoy the game, but I keep getting wrecked and I deal no damage to anyone, apparently it's because I don't use items enough.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Can anyone give me some tips on how to use/what items to equip Anubis?

I enjoy the game, but I keep getting wrecked and I deal no damage to anyone, apparently it's because I don't use items enough.

Check out smitefire.com. They have full builds for every champion.

RM Truth

We talk about playing this game, but when are we actually gonna do it? I need to earn that favour.

I' down, but I'm at work right now. I'm usually home about 7 pm CST. Send me a friend request if you wanna play.

Username: Shishigami4591

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
This game looks sick as fuck! I want to get my roommates in on it.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Is this game still in beta or is it out now? Do you need a key to make an account still?

I may try it. I mainly played HoN and DOTA2. Didn't care for LoL, sounds like this game may be similar to that though :(

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Its open now.

Also where the hell did all these people come from. Day 1 we only had 3 names, now theres 3 pages.

RM Truth

Is this game still in beta or is it out now? Do you need a key to make an account still?

I may try it. I mainly played HoN and DOTA2. Didn't care for LoL, sounds like this game may be similar to that though :(

It's still in beta, but it's open. You don't need a key to get in.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Smitefire.com is okay to start, but know that anyone can post a build and say its good on there, be careful
Tiermonster.com gives you a more accurate idea of how people gear that god, youll at least be in the right ballpark.

Ketchup
Anubis' whole kit revolves around getting off a mummify and lolbeaming someone to death. If no lolbeam, locust wave.
Anubis' weakness is he has to stay in one spot to deal his damage. I see many Anubis' take Doom Orb second and build stacks.
Its better now than it used to be, if you die, your stacks are halved instead of down to 0. Basically if you can get some early kills and get fed you will snowball and become rediculous.
- - - -
For those not used to MOBAs I really suggest sticking to arena or assault first. Arena is simple, you kill their creeps and try to push your creeps to their portal. Stay alive as best you can in the process. Assault is like conquest, but one lane, and you cant go back to the fountain after you drop down, so essentially every life is kind of a suicide run. Also Assault picks a random god for you for those who cant seem to pick a god they like.

RM Truth

Smitefire.com is okay to start, but know that anyone can post a build and say its good on there, be careful
Tiermonster.com gives you a more accurate idea of how people gear that god, youll at least be in the right ballpark.

Ketchup
Anubis' whole kit revolves around getting off a mummify and lolbeaming someone to death. If no lolbeam, locust wave.
Anubis' weakness is he has to stay in one spot to deal his damage. I see many Anubis' take Doom Orb second and build stacks.
Its better now than it used to be, if you die, your stacks are halved instead of down to 0. Basically if you can get some early kills and get fed you will snowball and become rediculous.
- - - -
For those not used to MOBAs I really suggest sticking to arena or assault first. Arena is simple, you kill their creeps and try to push your creeps to their portal. Stay alive as best you can in the process. Assault is like conquest, but one lane, and you cant go back to the fountain after you drop down, so essentially every life is kind of a suicide run. Also Assault picks a random god for you for those who cant seem to pick a god they like.

That's why you only pick the high rated ones. Rod of Tahuti is another staple item for any mage. The only issue with Anubis is the fact that he is completely reliant on landing mummify, so like a lot of gods in that game, practice your skill shots.

RM Truth

A friend of mine recently introduced me to the game Smite, it's a free to play MOBA with a heavy emphasis on co op with friends, it's a fun little game that i'm really finding myself losing hours to, especially when i have buddies to play it with, just thought i'd make a quick thread to see if any of you guys play and wouldn't mind joining me sometime!

right now i only know how to play Ra, and a little of Arachni if someone manages to nab Ra before i do. :p

i'll compile a list of player names as you guys post them in this thread.

List
1. PNDMustard
2. R3AL3NTL3SS
3. Doomsey
4. Ninj

Smite homepage: http://www.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/home

3 pages long, and yet there are still only 4 names to the list.

That's strange, I've told people in games of Dota 2 that I play League and Smite, and I was treated like I had the plague, and the last time I checked, I'm not Russian. Really strange.

As a dota2 player with over 1000 games played I can speak to this. There are a large number of players in the dota2 community that look down on other mobas because they consider them inferior due to them being less complicated or having a lower skill ceiling. It's just an elitist attitude to make them feel batter. There are asshats in pretty much every game, just look at injustice with the rage quitters, dropping matches for free wins. Valve is working hard to implement systems to offer newcomers a more friendly experience and they now have an in game tutorial in addition to the various resources out there.

I love dota2 because it has a ton of depth and I recommend it to pretty much everyone. That said the initial learning curve is steep as fuck and hard for a lot of players to grasp. My main recommendation is to do some research find some beginner videos and most of all ignore/mute the immature kids who flip out in the game.

RM Truth

As a dota2 player with over 1000 games played I can speak to this. There are a large number of players in the dota2 community that look down on other mobas because they consider them inferior due to them being less complicated or having a lower skill ceiling. It's just an elitist attitude to make them feel batter. There are asshats in pretty much every game, just look at injustice with the rage quitters, dropping matches for free wins. Valve is working hard to implement systems to offer newcomers a more friendly experience and they now have an in game tutorial in addition to the various resources out there.

I love dota2 because it has a ton of depth and I recommend it to pretty much everyone. That said the initial learning curve is steep as fuck and hard for a lot of players to grasp. My main recommendation is to do some research find some beginner videos and most of all ignore/mute the immature kids who flip out in the game.

Not saying I'm bad at the game, it's just that I don't appreciate down talking anyone in a video game regardless of your reason, unless they attacked you first.