What's new

Tech - Slasher Slasher Tech and Strategy Discussion

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Obviously f42 is my go to with Jason but mixing it up with f2 into bf2 does decent DMG and puts them in a hard knockdown.
Yep. Such a good mix-up.

And you are entirely correct: Machete Toss owns. It's easily one of the best overall projectiles in the game.

NemesiN

Noob
Machete toss is a MID that does 9% and has a pretty tall hitbox. If you get put in a hard knockdown, you have to eat the chip from machete because you wont be able to jump fast enough and you cant duck under it. If you mess up and eat a machete, it puts you back down to eat another chip hit. Machete toss is dirty and pretty nuts. I am glad that most people that are playing Jason just don't understand his full toolset so far.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Machete toss is a MID that does 9% and has a pretty tall hitbox. If you get put in a hard knockdown, you have to eat the chip from machete because you wont be able to jump fast enough and you cant duck under it. If you mess up and eat a machete, it puts you back down to eat another chip hit. Machete toss is dirty and pretty nuts.
It's SO good.

Inception

I love Kitana
F42, F42, F42, 111 DF1= 38% slasher that grab sometimes it catches sometimes it misses. any tips on consistency?

It may not be a "punish string" in your eyes, but as far as strings go, it is very likely Jason's best option for punishing (Especially in Relentless/Unstoppable). As you point out, punishing is not a particular strength of Jason's.
Nothing is a strength of Jasons

/holds up flame shield

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Machete toss is a MID that does 9% and has a pretty tall hitbox. If you get put in a hard knockdown, you have to eat the chip from machete because you wont be able to jump fast enough and you cant duck under it. If you mess up and eat a machete, it puts you back down to eat another chip hit. Machete toss is dirty and pretty nuts. I am glad that most people that are playing Jason just don't understand his full toolset so far.
Everybody can hit you on wake up with high projectiles. There are a few frames where the character stands while waking up so you need timing.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Machete Toss has saved my arse a few times lol

Me and a Johnny player found ourselves full screen apart and both low on health , and it turned into a projectile war real quick and the Machete Toss just owned the Force Ball, idk if it comes out faster and/or deals more damage but he got dropped lol

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Mmmm guys...

Sry if this is already known
edit: it isn't, haven't found it anywhere

F4~BF3 is a jail (they can't dodge the high after blocking the low)

"We don't care, we want the gdlk dmg"

Well, for midscreen it's either safe, or carry.
In corner it's safe, supported by F2~BF3 option, so fitty fitties

sounds like a gameplan

Last edited:
Mmmm guys...

sounds like a gameplan
jason cant afford to jail or play smart. u need to spam that f42 like nobody's business if u want a chance to win.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
In my experience, the main problem for Slasher Jason is mainly people who know how to zone effectively. Kitana is a weakness for me if she gets far away because its a fan fest, if I try to walk/dash/run in I eat fans (obviously) if I try to jump in I eat fans, if I block I eat constant chip damage, Machete Toss has too long recovery to beat out her fan toss as well, so the only real way for me to get in is to ex shoulder charge in lol Anybody got any tips for this?

Castor Troy

Wheee. What a predicament.
nope u need to go for it all out to win with slasher. jason cant afford mind games. he doesnt have the moveset to support it.
ok your opinion. ill stick with the way i play and 80%+ win percentage.

In my experience, the main problem for Slasher Jason is mainly people who know how to zone effectively. Kitana is a weakness for me if she gets far away because its a fan fest, if I try to walk/dash/run in I eat fans (obviously) if I try to jump in I eat fans, if I block I eat constant chip damage, Machete Toss has too long recovery to beat out her fan toss as well, so the only real way for me to get in is to ex shoulder charge in lol Anybody got any tips for this?
kitana should not be chipping you she has no mid fireball just neutral duck dash in. if she keeps backing up you will soon have her cornered then you get to have fun. With the dash in neutral duck you have to time it and watch their fans.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
jason cant afford to jail or play smart. u need to spam that f42 like nobody's business if u want a chance to win.
"Jason can't afford to play smart" is inherently illogical. EVERY character should be played intelligently. Spamming F42 only works against scrubs and in laggy online matches. Slasher Jason should be played as a defensive, whiff-punisher. I believe he is actually a very good defensive character due to the awesomeness of his neutral J2 and machete toss. People erroneously mistake his simplicity for weakness. He's actually a very solid character, IMO.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Mmmm guys...

sounds like a gameplan
This is pretty sexy.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Really? I find he does pretty well against zoners because people are hesitant to trade with machete toss. Also, ex-machete toss having armor is a huge advantage.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
ok your opinion. ill stick with the way i play and 80%+ win percentage.

kitana should not be chipping you she has no mid fireball just neutral duck dash in. if she keeps backing up you will soon have her cornered then you get to have fun. With the dash in neutral duck you have to time it and watch their fans.
So you can duck her fans? Lol *facepalm* I alright then I should be good then, thanks haha

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Really? I find he does pretty well against zoners because people are hesitant to trade with machete toss. Also, ex-machete toss having armor is a huge advantage.
It might just be my weakness and not Jason's lol until a night or two ago I had not really come across anybody who tried to zone out my Jason before so I think it caught me off guard and I just need to practice against it more.

EDIT

Sorry for the double post btw

Castor Troy

Wheee. What a predicament.
It might just be my weakness and not Jason's lol until a night or two ago I had not really come across anybody who tried to zone out my Jason before so I think it caught me off guard and I just need to practice against it more.

EDIT

Sorry for the double post btw
he does have some trouble with kenshi now in zoning but i believe most of the cast does. He basically is a 5-5 matchup(online) with the whole cast so just work on learning matchups and you will do fine. (offline is a different story and as i have no scene i cannot comment on it)