What's new

Tech - Slasher Slasher Tech and Strategy Discussion

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Here's an OS for Slasher that lets you do f2 and if it hits, bf2 comes out, if they block, nothing comes out. This lets Jason yolo his F2 and get a godlike conversion off it. If the OS is done quick enough Jason won't back dash after the blocked F2. Learn this because this is pretty OD. You can also do this with any other normal.

The input is f2~bf2, bb+Block.

Here's one with sound clicks from my arcade stick if any of yall are audio learners.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Is it me or it's really hard to Punish people with Jason? What's the best string for punish? B122 doesn't work for me most of the time, F42 is only for full punishable specials, other than that Im out of ideas...

Is it lag/delay or it's really hard to punish people with Jason (after block) ?

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Is it me or it's really hard to Punish people with Jason? What's the best string for punish? B122 doesn't work for me most of the time, F42 is only for full punishable specials, other than that Im out of ideas...

Is it lag/delay or it's really hard to punish people with Jason (after block) ?
I'd say it is B122 in all three variations (Of course, the B122 in relentless and unstoppable has a lot more range than the B122 in Slasher)

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
that first cassie was awful lol. also I see a lack of F4,2.
lol the random wakeup Xrays from the people you are fightin, they dont need meter though because you dont F4,2 them. I saw you land one F4,2 in what I saw and you didnt get the combo off of that, definitely one of your most easily abusable tools that you should use if people don't respect it. I think you can even get more then just 2 jabs before the grab where you stab them in the stomach as well.

edit: also you may wanna block a little more brother.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I've checked that from JiP-F2 you cant do ANYTHING afterwards. For combos from the overhead you shoudnt jump before. And on hit F2 its only +8 so just a little frame advantage and also gives the opp.distance so its difficult to pressure also. So if you think the can block easy the F42 after jump, better grab or go for other string safer on block

Here's an OS for Slasher that lets you do f2 and if it hits, bf2 comes out, if they block, nothing comes out. This lets Jason yolo his F2 and get a godlike conversion off it. If the OS is done quick enough Jason won't back dash after the blocked F2. Learn this because this is pretty OD. You can also do this with any other normal.

The input is f2~bf2, bb+Block.

Here's one with sound clicks from my arcade stick if any of yall are audio learners.
You don't need to do the double backs for the OS.

I'd say it is B122 in all three variations (Of course, the B122 in relentless and unstoppable has a lot more range than the B122 in Slasher)
B122 isn't a punish string it just reaches far. The startup if I remember right is like 13 frames. Very few moves in the game actually leave you with that much advantage. All his other moves depend on the range

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
B122 isn't a punish string it just reaches far. The startup if I remember right is like 13 frames. Very few moves in the game actually leave you with that much advantage. All his other moves depend on the range
So which string/attacks you use to punish people with Jason (specifically Slasher) ?

What would you suggest me to do after I block opponents attacks that are not super negative on my block? Like I said, dunno if it's input delay in online or what but It works very rare when I could punish someone with B122.. F42 only works on full combo punishable specials/attacks.
Like wtf am I suppose to do with his slow ass normals?

So which string/attacks you use to punish people with Jason (specifically Slasher) ?

What would you suggest me to do after I block opponents attacks that are not super negative on my block? Like I said, dunno if it's input delay in online or what but It works very rare when I could punish someone with B122.. F42 only works on full combo punishable specials/attacks.
Like wtf am I suppose to do with his slow ass normals?
Honestly I feel like punishing is not a strong point for him. A lot of his stuff is double digits on start up. The decent moves he has don't reach. I tend to punish what I can into tick throws sadly enough. Even then that only gets me so far since D1 is -2 on block and my fastest string starts at 9 frames. It really feels like they made him to heavily rely on Killing Machine so he doesn't have to worry about punishing but that move itself is so bad

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
A use a lot of chars, but now Slasher Jason is my main... why? ;)
If Slasher is ur current main then maybe you can help me out on the same question that I asked above about punishing people with Slasher Jason? He's slow as fuck but hits like train. However hitting like a train doesn't help when you get constant pressure from fast characters and you can't punish almost anything on the block..
Thanks for your answer @Xero_18

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
It may not be a "punish string" in your eyes, but as far as strings go, it is very likely Jason's best option for punishing (Especially in Relentless/Unstoppable). As you point out, punishing is not a particular strength of Jason's.

Last edited:

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
If Slasher is ur current main then maybe you can help me out on the same question that I asked above about punishing people with Slasher Jason? He's slow as fuck but hits like train. However hitting like a train doesn't help when you get constant pressure from fast characters and you can't punish almost anything on the block..
Here is my PUNISHMENT OPTIONS for Slasher
(from the fastest to the slowest)
-112(9f) first hit is bad, small range and hits high but other two travels a lot and its a little unsafe on block.The best thing is that last hit is overhead and causes HKD
-122(9f) same problem with the 1 hit but travels also a lot and its safe on block and cancellable.Good option for safe killing machine setups or small combos
-111(9f) same as 122, safe and cancellable for small combo but keeps the opponent stand for frame advantage options
-B122(11f) mid range but doesnt travel forward and its unsafe(on block lets you in front of your opponent)and not cancellable.If hits open big combos
-B3(12f) a little better range than B122 and B2 but also unsafe but cancellable.Can do a short combo afterwards with DF1 or BF2
-B2(13f) same range than B122 but also little unsafe but cancellable. But works perfect for AA and can combo with DB2
-24(14f) same range than B122 and sometimes the 4 whiffes, unsafe on block but cancellable.Open big combos
-23(14f) same range, the 3 travels a lot and safe onblock, not cancellable.Last hits overhead but cant combo.You can do a safe killer machine on hit
-B4(15f) huge range and hits low, unsafe on block and not cancellable. On hit gives HKD and perfect for pressue afterwards

My preferences are 122 cause its safe and B4 for his range, but, remember, Slasher is for rushdown and not to play defensive, his punish options are bad

Last edited:
No problem

It may not be a "punish string" in your eyes, but as far as strings go, it is very likely Jason's best option for punishing (Especially in Relentless/Unstoppable). As you point out, punishing is not a particular strength of Jason's.
Really it's not about what I see in my eyes it's about what is and what isn't cuz of frame data. If you're punishing in the footsies then yes B122 is good while they are whiffing. The only problem with that though is its baitable and duckable even though it's supposed to be a mid. In slasher B122 doesn't even reach that far but it's still 11 frames start up same with 24 which would be an awesome punish if again it wasn't so slow.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
No problem

Really it's not about what I see in my eyes it's about what is and what isn't cuz of frame data. If you're punishing in the footsies then yes B122 is good while they are whiffing. The only problem with that though is its baitable and duckable even though it's supposed to be a mid. In slasher B122 doesn't even reach that far but it's still 11 frames start up same with 24 which would be an awesome punish if again it wasn't so slow.
This is semantics. The question posed about Jason was: "What's the best string for punish?" The answer is that, unfortunately, B122 is Jason's best string for punishing. Obviously, this means that Jason isn't much of a punisher. That was the answer I provided. Again, you may not like the answer (i.e. I'm sure we both wish Jason had a faster, more viable punisher), but that IS the answer.

edit: I should point out that, in unstoppable and Relentless, 111 is actually a faster option (111~Choke) than B122, but it doesn't lead to quite as much damage.

Last edited:
This is semantics. The question posed about Jason was: "What's the best string for punish?" The answer is that, unfortunately, B122 is Jason's best string for punishing. Obviously, this means that Jason isn't much of a punisher. That was the answer I provided. Again, you may not like the answer (i.e. I'm sure we both wish Jason had a faster, more viable punisher), but that IS the answer.

edit: I should point out that, in unstoppable and Relentless, 111 is actually a faster option (111~Choke) than B122, but it doesn't lead to quite as much damage.
111 is his go to but as it was addressed it's too short in range. You're right B122 is his best but simply cuz of the range in those two variations

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
111 is his go to but as it was addressed it's too short in range. You're right B122 is his best but simply cuz of the range in those two variations
Yeah, exactly. It's just the definition of the word best - it's best due to the lack of better options.

Mattb

Noob
first time posting in test your might, i found an option select with Jason on knock down. if you input 3-ex hack n slash-choke os(down forward 1 down down block) you get a three way option select. if they wake up, 3- hack and slash beats it. if they don't, 32 comes out instead which is 0 on block(if the in game frame data is right). if they block you are positive by one frame (because it takes a frame to leave block) allowing you to continue pressure and mix up other slow characters. if they get hit by the 32 then choke comes out( allowing you to not worry about hit confirming). I'm not sure if back dash will beat this, but i know that this works on some of the quickest wake-ups( the best I've tested on is sub-zeros slide)

another little thing about jason anti-wake up:
after certain knock-downs(non ex hack n slash, 112, and shoulder charge) against characters with wakes-ups 15 frames or more (millennia, erron black, and so on) jason can get a safe jump thats neutral on block. after 112 for example, if you jump forward right away after it hits with jumping 1, then the jumping 1 will hit the wake-up(using up the armor) but jason can still block. this allows him to basically vortex these select character. a low starter combo in to 112 can get you around 33% and puts the enemy into this situation, justifying the small decrease in damage.

after they block a jump 1 they basically have 5 options, block low, block high, tech grab, back dash, and reversal. against most characters, most of jason's high and low options beat back dash. and if you suspect they will try to reversal do down 3 into ex hack n slash, its safe on block, beats out any counter grab attempt and ducks under high attacks, as well as beats most reversals.

in the corner this is much scarier, as the low and high options both now lead to high damage

after non ex hack n slash, you have to jump over them to get the same effect, but it works exactly the same

after a shoulder charge mid screen, the timing is a lot stricter and you have to run a little before forward jumping. the only benefit of doing the shoulder charge is that I've gotten it to work against faster wake-ups such as subs slide, but the timing is tight and a little inconsistent. if your enemy rolls after a shoulder charge just keep running and apply the os from above or (if you are sure that they will wake up) do down 4 at its max range into ex hack n slash(it beats out most wake ups, even forward moving ones and the hack n slash doesn't come out on whiff)

the main weakness of all this tech is that it loses to delayed wake up. for the os tech, the moment you see the 2 of 32 whiff, either mash back dash or ex hack n slash, either way you will punish or be safe(most of the time). for the safe jump, you will still be able to block if the jump one whiffs, and you will still be basically in the same spot.

Last edited:

Mattb

Noob
some notes on relentless,
if you use pursuit while killing machine is going on, then, no matter how long ago it was activated, it will turn off when killing machine does.
I've found a bug like set up for safe killing machine recovery. if it ends during his back 3, 1+3 string in corner, the enemy character will some times fly full screen. i haven't gotten the exact timing of it yet, but if done right jason is for the most part completely safe(with the exception being fast teleports such as scorpion and fast projectiles like millenna). this needs more testing.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I think this thread is called "SLASHER techs and strategy discussion", each other variations has his own thread. Please keep this in mind because slasher has unique normals and strings (for example the B122 is different)

macin

MoS Ermac
I personally use 111 for my punish option in slasher. Its safe on block and if u combo it with bf2 it is decent DMG. Also Jason in slasher has great ex armor. Use that to your advantage with him. I know the 111 had been addressed by @Xero_18 and @KeyserSoze but I feel like it is a great safe quick option for slasher jason.

Obviously f42 is my go to with Jason but mixing it up with f2 into bf2 does decent DMG and puts them in a hard knockdown.

Also Jason's db2 is ridiculous as a projectile. Mb does 15% DMG and has armor. Use this to close out the game, and because its a mid they can't low duck it. GG Jason wins!

Last edited: