What's new

Skarlet VA was called by NRS to record new lines. KP2 stuff? ... KP3 stuff? ................... Story DLC?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I just think skarlet is a minor retcon without a rich history compared to sindel. Most likely the reason for that.

That and as an ermac fan I kind of felt her mk 9 bio was literally a lazy female ermac bio. Shao kahn made her from blood magic...men. imo I think her new bio gives her s but more development but you gotta admit if skarlet voice whispers into your ear bet youd like that just so long as she dont drain you of your blood of course. Lol
Shao Kahn fabricating character from Magik isn't a bad thing, its actually a standard that show the kind of character he can trust, the ones he forges himself, just as he did with Ermac and Mileena. Ermac only Betrays Kahn later on because Jerrod awakens in him, but since MKX they retconed and made him allign with Kotal Kahnn over Mileena because plot reasons.

The Skarlet retcon made her an attention whore witch that has as the ultimate goal is to seek more power so just she can realize she will betray her own master, that when she is not intending to involve with someone else physical which is all kinds of boring.

I would Pick Bloodlust MK9 Ninja Skarlet any day over attention whore Skarlet, which subsequently turns out to be far more weaker, the change just didn't click, neither did the playstyle.
She was a killing machine, a supernatural being made for one single purpose, mayhem, chaos, wreck, not to have feelings, definitely not for feeling jealousy of characters like Edenians "COF COF Kitana, COF COF Jade".

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
yep ! I concur ;)

hmmm .... this is pretty cool, and a little bit suspect, hehe .... what are you planning so far this time, Ed ?

in MK9, Sindel and Sheeva had the same voice actress; in MKX, Kelly Hu did voices for D'vorah (playable) and Sindel (NPC) .... so, high chance of being a recording for another female character to be in MK11 .....

Sheeva is in the KP2, and she is in the story mode, but she already has her own VA (Vanessa Marshall), so Beata Poźniak is doing something extra for Skarlet, or voicing other diferent female character that is not Sheeva, who we already know is a future DLC character .....

could be for Sareena or maybe, for something even better : additional story mode chapters to be sold as DLC stuff for us, hehe, that would be great ! :D
She literally said that she is back for more V.A. as Skarlet. Where did your other theories come from? Maybe it's me that's missing something?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
She literally said that she is back for more V.A. as Skarlet. Where did your other theories come from? Maybe it's me that's missing something?
just speculation .... but we know that people lie in the entertainment industry , when it's necessary keep secret of something they think will be a surprise for the fanbase ..... Cary Tagawa explicity denied that was not part of MK11, and who is Shang Tsung in there now ? hehe

Red Herring tactics they call it.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Shao Kahn fabricating character from Magik isn't a bad thing, its actually a standard that show the kind of character he can trust, the ones he forges himself, just as he did with Ermac and Mileena. Ermac only Betrays Kahn later on because Jerrod awakens in him, but since MKX they retconed and made him allign with Kotal Kahnn over Mileena because plot reasons.

The Skarlet retcon made her an attention whore witch that has as the ultimate goal is to seek more power so just she can realize she will betray her own master, that when she is not intending to involve with someone else physical which is all kinds of boring.

I would Pick Bloodlust MK9 Ninja Skarlet any day over attention whore Skarlet, which subsequently turns out to be far more weaker, the change just didn't click, neither did the playstyle.
She was a killing machine, a supernatural being made for one single purpose, mayhem, chaos, wreck, not to have feelings, definitely not for feeling jealousy of characters like Edenians "COF COF Kitana, COF COF Jade".
It's not a bad thing I just think they could have gotten more creative, Ermac in the original timeline turned good once Kenshi freed him. I personally liked that timeline plot with Ermac more but I digress. The thing is Kahn technically betrayed Skarlet because he doesn't tell her that eventually blood magic makes you mad, which Sindel confirmed lol. I know he "saved" her from the streets but that's kind of a bad tradeoff if you ask me lol. As I recall, Jerrod becomes the leader of the other souls and guides Ermac to do the right thing. The others should want to betray Shao Kahn too honestly since they're also all edenians he killed or mostly, maybe some aren't but still. I like the older timeline story with Ermac more where once Kenshi uses his ancestral sword to free Ermac from Shao Kahn's magic control on him then chooses his own destiny helping the good guys. The Jerrod MK 9 ending wasn't canon, wasn't retconned just not canon since that was his arcade ending. Most of the arcade endings aren't canon. In MK X he was still fighting for Outworld then eventually betray Mileena to join Kotal Kahn. Honestly, I think Ermac just felt she wasn't stable enough to lead OW and felt Kotal would be more logical. Sadly his MK X arcade ending was canon...

I saw her retcon/ new bio as that poor, struggling puppy on the street that desperately wants to be taken in so Shao Kahn does, teaches her blood magic so she feels thankful. Of course she has no idea he withheld information like her going insane apparently lol. I can kind of see that too since she acts like a horny drug addict with the blood. It's kind of weird because her ending would imply she wants to rule everything and such, but her intros imply her loyalty to shao kahn except for one where someone tells her Shao Kahn withholds more powerful magic from her.

She's still bloodlusted in MK 11, but at least she has more of a story than MK 9 skarlet a blood mage created from Kahn's magic. IDK, seems like a cop out to me honestly. I personally prefer her new bio, because she has feelings and a motive. Her old bio just seemed one dimensional to me but to each his own. I did like her MK 9 outfit better though than most of her MK 11's lol. I like the character though in general, I have nothing against her really.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It's not a bad thing I just think they could have gotten more creative, Ermac in the original timeline turned good once Kenshi freed him. I personally liked that timeline plot with Ermac more but I digress. The thing is Kahn technically betrayed Skarlet because he doesn't tell her that eventually blood magic makes you mad, which Sindel confirmed lol. I know he "saved" her from the streets but that's kind of a bad tradeoff if you ask me lol. As I recall, Jerrod becomes the leader of the other souls and guides Ermac to do the right thing. The others should want to betray Shao Kahn too honestly since they're also all edenians he killed or mostly, maybe some aren't but still. I like the older timeline story with Ermac more where once Kenshi uses his ancestral sword to free Ermac from Shao Kahn's magic control on him then chooses his own destiny helping the good guys. The Jerrod MK 9 ending wasn't canon, wasn't retconned just not canon since that was his arcade ending. Most of the arcade endings aren't canon. In MK X he was still fighting for Outworld then eventually betray Mileena to join Kotal Kahn. Honestly, I think Ermac just felt she wasn't stable enough to lead OW and felt Kotal would be more logical. Sadly his MK X arcade ending was canon...

I saw her retcon/ new bio as that poor, struggling puppy on the street that desperately wants to be taken in so Shao Kahn does, teaches her blood magic so she feels thankful. Of course she has no idea he withheld information like her going insane apparently lol. I can kind of see that too since she acts like a horny drug addict with the blood. It's kind of weird because her ending would imply she wants to rule everything and such, but her intros imply her loyalty to shao kahn except for one where someone tells her Shao Kahn withholds more powerful magic from her.

She's still bloodlusted in MK 11, but at least she has more of a story than MK 9 skarlet a blood mage created from Kahn's magic. IDK, seems like a cop out to me honestly. I personally prefer her new bio, because she has feelings and a motive. Her old bio just seemed one dimensional to me but to each his own. I did like her MK 9 outfit better though than most of her MK 11's lol. I like the character though in general, I have nothing against her really.
TLDR, new retcon sucks. New Details sucks
As a blood being made of magic was much better

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
TLDR, new retcon sucks. New Details sucks
As a blood being made of magic was much better
Yeah to each his own I guess lol, I like her new one better. But have you heard, they released the Kano Pirate skin to buy now? I hope they release the Russian Skarlet skin too soon! That one I want to buy.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
just speculation .... but we know that people lie in the entertainment industry , when it's necessary keep secret of something they think will be a surprise for the fanbase ..... Cary Tagawa explicity denied that was not part of MK11, and who is Shang Tsung in there now ? hehe

Red Herring tactics they call it.
True, I now work in the entertainment industry working on some web/mobile apps for some major players in the industry. During my interview, the interviewers could not even tell me who their major clients are. I'm now under the same NDA. Your speculation is very plausible.