What's new

Skarlet VA was called by NRS to record new lines. KP2 stuff? ... KP3 stuff? ................... Story DLC?

Makuholick

Killa Queen
I got a suggestion, it's called
WAIT FOR AN ANSWER
Man, you guys are fools. This is clearly a misdirection. She is coming into the studio to record lines for Skarlet, but for the MK9 REMASTER!!!!!!!
We can only hope Netherrealm will stop trying to chew on our wallets

E

Eldriken

I'm not joking at all. I thought it was widely regarded that Skarlet's VA was rather abysmal. >_>

It's not that the voice is bad, it's just her performance/delivery. She doesn't convey any emotion when talking. It simply sounds like someone is reading a line off of a script and leaving it at that.

Y'all are obviously free to disagree, but the only VA worse than her in my opinion is Sonya's because Ronda can't act worth a flip anyhow. Neither of them seem to be in line with Johnny, Liu, Lao, Kotal, etc.

I don't see how anyone could listen to Skarlet and Kabal talking in their intros and think that it's actually good. Must be me. shrug

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I'm not joking at all. I thought it was widely regarded that Skarlet's VA was rather abysmal. >_>

It's not that the voice is bad, it's just her performance/delivery. She doesn't convey any emotion when talking. It simply sounds like someone is reading a line off of a script and leaving it at that.

Y'all are obviously free to disagree, but the only VA worse than her in my opinion is Sonya's because Ronda can't act worth a flip anyhow. Neither of them seem to be in line with Johnny, Liu, Lao, Kotal, etc.

I don't see how anyone could listen to Skarlet and Kabal talking in their intros and think that it's actually good. Must be me. shrug
She talks like a horny junkie, which is exactly what she is. You can feel her desire when she talks about draining another person's blood in order to get her fix.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think Skarlet shows emotion in her intros, you can clearly tell for example when she's talking to Liu Kang she says "My powers don't make me evil" Then LK says "Beyond Loyal to Shao Kahn does" Skarlet's response you can tell she gets more emotional when she says "Shao Kahn gave me everything Liu Kang!" Or whatever she says exactly, but that's just her voice, she's no more animated than Kotal Kahn's delivery which is rather monotone, dull honestly. That's how his character is, just like Skarlet isn't a very animated character, she's more of a loyal drone type. Not everyone will as animated as say Cassie or Johnny.

E

Eldriken

I'm meaning her delivery comes off as flat. Deadpan. Whatever you want to call it. It sounds like someone is simply trying to read lines from a script and calling it a day.

All of her lines aren't this way, clearly. It's just I personally don't feel she stacks up very well with the rest of the cast in most cases. To each their own, however. Different strokes 'n all that.

MKF30

Could be the voice director too, if that's the case not much you can do because the VA is a professional actress so I don't think she's the issue. Could be the writing and the directing but I have no issues with her being Skarlet for sure. Now the DJ and Ronda on the other hand....their delivery sucks flat out. Just take that one line especially when Sonya talks to Frost she says "Whatever you do nothing bitch" just sounds so forced and bad lol. This is of course my view but not just as a fan but as someone who's voice acted myself, I think it was kind of random and weird how WB and NRS chose their voice actors/actresses in this game, some are professional while others are not. Most are professional though.

E

Eldriken

Could be the voice director too, if that's the case not much you can do because the VA is a professional actress so I don't think she's the issue. Could be the writing and the directing but I have no issues with her being Skarlet for sure. Now the DJ and Ronda on the other hand....their delivery sucks flat out. Just take that one line especially when Sonya talks to Frost she says "Whatever you do nothing bitch" just sounds so forced and bad lol. This is of course my view but not just as a fan but as someone who's voice acted myself, I think it was kind of random and weird how WB and NRS chose their voice actors/actresses in this game, some are professional while others are not. Most are professional though.
It's probably just me and my preference in that regard. Still <3 the character.

MKF30

It's probably just me and my preference in that regard. Still <3 the character.
It's all good, I like her accent but it's funny you mention Skarlet's voice because remember MK 9? OMG her voice actress was annoying with the "haii yaaahh, hai yaaa" lol

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
yep ! I concur ;)

hmmm .... this is pretty cool, and a little bit suspect, hehe .... what are you planning so far this time, Ed ?

in MK9, Sindel and Sheeva had the same voice actress; in MKX, Kelly Hu did voices for D'vorah (playable) and Sindel (NPC) .... so, high chance of being a recording for another female character to be in MK11 .....

Sheeva is in the KP2, and she is in the story mode, but she already has her own VA (Vanessa Marshall), so Beata Poźniak is doing something extra for Skarlet, or voicing other diferent female character that is not Sheeva, who we already know is a future DLC character .....

could be for Sareena or maybe, for something even better : additional story mode chapters to be sold as DLC stuff for us, hehe, that would be great ! :D
She literally says it's for more Skarlet work

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
She went from being a Ninja into a witch, which I honestly don't like.
No legacy normals, no legacy moves, and she feels a lot restricted too, Skarlet used to be diverse on her approach, a truly well-rounded character, now she is barely playable to say the least, no one enjoys her, even previous Skarlet mains.
Skarlet was one of my favorites in MK9. In MK11, it feels like she just has..... 212 and zoning. She’s just not fun at all.

MKF30

Nothing wrong with zoning, I think she’s more honest in mk 11 than mk 9 tbh

E

Eldriken

go watch combo compilations of her in 9 and 11, then you see why.
So, combo compilations are justification for completely altering a character's playstyle? She is nothing like she used to be outside of being a Sanguinare and her name.

I know what you're saying, btw. But if you look at both, you'll see she's been neutered to Hell and back. Her combo pathing in 11 is "212". There you go. You now have your only meaningful way of comboing a character!

Last edited by a moderator:

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
So, combo compilations are justification for completely altering a character's playstyle? She is nothing like she used to be outside of being a Sanguinare and her name.

I know what you're saying, btw. But if you look at both, you'll see she's been neutered to Hell and back. Her combo pathing in 11 is "212". There you go. You now have your only meaningful way of comboing a character!
combo compilations do what? show you what the char is capable of and what she does. the way she played in mk9 is the justification for the change because the mk11 system works completely different and it wouldnt fit in...seriously, go to youtube and watch some to remind you of how it looked like.

they fokused more on the blood magic part and tried to show that of in this game and due to that changed her completely. you might not like it and thats okay. i am not a fan of how jax plays compared to x either but its what it is and at the end up to them how they want to handle it.

the limit to her combo strings is something which nearly the whole cast has to endure but as people already said her strenghts shifted more to long buttons and zoning you out/bloodmagic.

MKF30

for unesplained reasons they threw her mk9 playstyle into garbage.
They changed a lot of characters core gameplay I've noticed, look at Raiden lol turned him into junk....took away his teleport in 2 of his 3 variations back to back games but notice, they leave Scorpion's lol....I think they're pretty biased against/with certain characters obviously. They could have given Skarlet a more rushdown variation, one zoning. I do think she was a bit ridiculous in MK 9 at times, not going to lie. But I like her voice and story more now honestly lol

MKF30

That's good, considering people can't even like Sindel's story
I just think skarlet is a minor retcon without a rich history compared to sindel. Most likely the reason for that.

That and as an ermac fan I kind of felt her mk 9 bio was literally a lazy female ermac bio. Shao kahn made her from blood magic...men. imo I think her new bio gives her s but more development but you gotta admit if skarlet voice whispers into your ear bet youd like that just so long as she dont drain you of your blood of course. Lol

Last edited: