What's new

Skarlet top 5?

Skarlet is Around the 9 or 10, if not right outside of top 10. She is very good, but not Top 5.

As far as the Kenshi Downplaying, just because Pig didn't make it out does not mean all of a sudden Kenshi jumps from like #2 to # 10.
Jeremiah has really good fundamentals, and didn't expect that when I chose Sindel.
If anything, it just proves that if you're a good player and practice with Kenshi, you can do well.
He has been a sheeva main for a while, but sadly could not do as well because the character has severe limitations in most MU's.
Now that he learned Kenshi, the true powers of Jeremiah have blossomed :p

ryublaze

Noob
I agree that not many people know the matchup. Unless you play a good Skarlet on a consistent basis and study her frame data, you'll never know how to truly fight her. On top of that, there are different ways to play her. I'm pretty sure everyone in the Skarlet community plays her in a different way.

Justice

Noob
I agree with that 100%, however every time someone tries to say "Skarlet is top 5-10" people respond with "when did Skarlet win a major?".
Every...freaking...time.

And after that the discussion is over for those people.
The only time I ever say this is when some dumbass wants to call a character "braindead". To me, a "braindead" character is one any moron can pick up and win matches with; not necessarily tournaments, but matches.

Anywho, from the moment she was released, I have always said Skarlet was top 10. It's about frikin time that the spotlight shines her way a little.

Ok let me kill all this " oh this only proved people dont know the matchup" bullshit, that really pisses me off when i hear this kind of talk, skarlet wasnt just released yesterday, if this was the case all of the strings and strategies i used on my opponents would of hit 90% percent of the time, obviously they know enough to stand block strings n bait ex dashes, this game has been out for 2 years, its not my problem if people do not know every matchup in the game at this point, thats part of your job n responsibility as being a tournament player, the players at final round knew there were gonna be skarlet players in the pools so they should have been preparing ahead of time, but ppl dont take her serious right? Well this is what happens. And ur dumb if u think the matchup becomes easier when u learn the matchup, theres always adjustments that can be made so that she can keep 1up on her opponent.

Flagg

Noob
Scar its a shame you came undone against Wound because I honestly think you had Wafflez card at one point (and were unlucky to not beat him a second time round) and you were easily his toughest opponent of the whole tournie!

I hope you main her again at the next major cause I think once you got the Shang match up down, there will not be many characters you'll have problems with using her.

Scar its a shame you came undone against Wound because I honestly think you had Wafflez card at one point (and were unlucky to not beat him a second time round) and you were easily his toughest opponent of the whole tournie!

I hope you main her again at the next major cause I think once you got the Shang match up down, there will not be many characters you'll have problems with using her.
thanks bro yea i will be hitting the lab with cat and weighing my options against him so i will be ready next time

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I agree with Scar, not knowing cant be an excuse anymore. How many videos have we uploaded explaining all of her shit and how to beat her? A shit ton more than any other character forum.

The more I think about it...Skarlet doesnt really have many weaknesses that are constantly there. She can always compensate one weakness with a strength through a small adjustlent. She can obviously beat lao, kabal, sonya, smoke, AND Shang on the right day. She is literally only as good as the person playing her. Scar is by far the best Skarlet at the moment. (My hat off to you sir). KH definitely has all the hardest MU covered. In fact, most of KH players play characters that I might struggle against as skarlet.

I swear to mother earth that I will never lose to Kitana EVER AGAIN!! Skarlet can always find a way to win.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Ok let me kill all this " oh this only proved people dont know the matchup" bullshit, that really pisses me off when i hear this kind of talk, skarlet wasnt just released yesterday, if this was the case all of the strings and strategies i used on my opponents would of hit 90% percent of the time, obviously they know enough to stand block strings n bait ex dashes, this game has been out for 2 years, its not my problem if people do not know every matchup in the game at this point, thats part of your job n responsibility as being a tournament player, the players at final round knew there were gonna be skarlet players in the pools so they should have been preparing ahead of time, but ppl dont take her serious right? Well this is what happens. And ur dumb if u think the matchup becomes easier when u learn the matchup, theres always adjustments that can be made so that she can keep 1up on her opponent.
You killed it.
The end.

Flagg

Noob
I agree with Scar, not knowing cant be an excuse anymore. How many videos have we uploaded explaining all of her shit and how to beat her? A shit ton more than any other character forum.

The more I think about it...Skarlet doesnt really have many weaknesses that are constantly there. She can always compensate one weakness with a strength through a small adjustlent. She can obviously beat lao, kabal, sonya, smoke, AND Shang on the right day. She is literally only as good as the person playing her. Scar is by far the best Skarlet at the moment. (My hat off to you sir). KH definitely has all the hardest MU covered. In fact, most of KH players play characters that I might struggle against as skarlet.

I swear to mother earth that I will never lose to Kitana EVER AGAIN!! Skarlet can always find a way to win.
Because of the irrational dislike for Skarlet from the other communities, it's just assumed she is 100% gimmicks and a poor mans Sonya. I still believe she is the best female character in the game, and like you said, she practically has an answer to anything thrown out by another character in the game. She has great ground pressure, can link a special off just about all her normals and strings, has decent air control, easily one of the best armour moves in the game, mega damage, a slide as fast as the others but a 100's times safer on block, good mix ups, good meter building ability, good chip damage... she can even lower her hitbox quite dramatically with D3. She can do things that make the opponent stop doing things. The ultimate counter character.

I'm convinced her standing 1 is better than 10 frames cause I knock people out the air a lot with that and I can't AA for shit with characters like CSZ and Baraka who supposedly have 9 frame standing normals.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Well L0rdoftheFLY in order to be at the top in this game you have to be broken (Kabal, Kenshi, Cyrax, etc.)
Does Skarlet fit this bill?

Oh and also about the Kenshi thoughts. I have a totally different play style than Pig as Kenshi (even though I am strongly trying to emulate it), and in the standard tourney setting you only have 2 matches to learn the style. So like 16bit has said before against playing against broken characters like Kabal, you have to learn all the different play styles that they can be with their character and you have a very limited time in which to do so.
With meter, I feel she is broken the same way the characters you mentioned are...without meter, she is still a upper mid tier character.

Your kenshi was very different. I reacted to you the way I would react to pig and his habits. It obviously didn't work. I learned allot from it and will adjust for next time. Be ready son!

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Because of the irrational dislike for Skarlet from the other communities, it's just assumed she is 100% gimmicks and a poor mans Sonya. I still believe she is the best female character in the game, and like you said, she practically has an answer to anything thrown out by another character in the game. She has great ground pressure, can link a special off just about all her normals and strings, has decent air control, easily one of the best armour moves in the game, mega damage, a slide as fast as the others but a 100's times safer on block, good mix ups, good meter building ability, good chip damage... she can even lower her hitbox quite dramatically with D3. She can do things that make the opponent stop doing things. The ultimate counter character.

I'm convinced her standing 1 is better than 10 frames cause I knock people out the air a lot with that and I can't AA for shit with characters like CSZ and Baraka who supposedly have 9 frame standing normals.
I agree 100%

Ok let me kill all this " oh this only proved people dont know the matchup" bullshit, that really pisses me off when i hear this kind of talk, skarlet wasnt just released yesterday
Totally true. Now of course we don't expect all scenes to truly know every single aspect of every MU, but at the very least we should know the general idea of all characters. At the very least for characters we should know what their strengths are, what their weaknesses are, what their bnb's are, and what is punishable. I for one will be hitting the books very hard on Skarlet.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

They think we Skarlet's are delusionals retardeds

ryublaze

Noob
Definitely people are still sleeping on Skarlet. We even made video tutorials and wrote a complete guide on her and we still have players letting go of block after ex dagger on stand block lol. :/ Not to overhype her or anything, but like all of us have been saying, once people learn the MU Skarlet's game and mixups become more deadly.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The ironic of this @FCP EMP SCAR its, that every time someone does well with Skarlet, ppl scapegoat is always the same:

I win tournaments in Angola with Skarlet since last year: "No one in Angola knows the MU"
You get 3rd in FR: "No one in FR knows the MU"
L0rdoftheFLY beat players with Skarlet: "No one in his pool knew the MU"

My god ppl, i'm just waiting for:

Skarlet takes evo: "No one in EVO knew the MU"

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Skarlet is very solid. I felt for her over 6 months ago. I dropped Kabal and Will play Scarlet on upcoming Tournament in Ukraine Kiev Cup 3. Where over 50 players were last year.
This is going to be My first Skarlet tourney entry. Kabal did his thing for almost two years and finally stepped down.
I will do My best to place her in top 3 on the 14th April.
Keep your fingers crossed!