What's new

Skarlet top 5?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm just posting here again to remind you that there is moderators watching over this thread, you don't have to agree with something if you think its ridiculous so be it, just pls guys do not get all salty or start asking Tim to close this thread, let LOTF or anyone pleased by the Skarlet representatives at FR having their moment. There is nothing wrong with this thread.

As there is nothing wrong if some players think she is top 5 or less, i don't really care

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Scar showed off how the character must be played at high competitive level ..... he made top 3 what is amazing, and so, I think he has talent and potential to win a future major using her, after the fix up some holes in his gameplay strategy ..... anyway, major props to Scar for doing and tryin his best at FR.

** One thing that he could have used more, maybe against Shang , is timing teleport against fireskulls at long range, and maybe, using a little of blood ball to avoid Shang abusing projectiles .... and more red dash + Back 2 in order to punish to create overhead threat against a lot of low block that Shang and Smoke were using, because they were expecting the red slide twice in a row. It's all riksy as hell, but, can work out to try to mix confusion against too defensive players.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
The problem is it is hard to know how things will really work out at a high level.

Some characters are great on paper but if you never get to see them in action, its hard to tell.

We've seen these characters at high levels, just never this high in placement. But again, if that's the argument, why is Cyrax in so many people's top 5? Why isn't Johnny Cage despite Cage taking a major? People like to play that card but then completely dismiss it at times.

Flagg

Noob
Im sick of hearing people say Sonya is top 5 or top 3. Man Sonya is so overrated. It's absurd. Even though Cyrax has never won a major, I can still see him being super tier only cause he has the same bullshit Smoke has. Waffelz dropped nothing today and the result was winning FR. But Scar was easily his toughest challenge today and I think Scar was a bit unfortunate in not overcoming Smoke.

Mind you this tournie has shown that maybe Kenshi is not as good as everyone has been made to believe.

Death

Noob
what? Two Kenshi players made top 8. We're finally done with "only one Kenshi player can place top 8"...twice over...and somehow it proves Kenshi isn't as good as people say lol
Whats funny is that Jeremeiah always loses in pools when he was sheeva than he picks up kenshi for a few months and makes top 8 at one of the biggest tournaments lol.

With that said, Flagg Kenshi is stupid

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
We've seen these characters at high levels, just never this high in placement. But again, if that's the argument, why is Cyrax in so many people's top 5? Why isn't Johnny Cage despite Cage taking a major? People like to play that card but then completely dismiss it at times.
Honestly Cyrax is the same thing. He is great on paper but the tourney results dont back it up. Denzell did get 2nd at SCR with him though.

Flagg

Noob
Jeremiah got into top 8 using Sheeva, THEN changed to Kenshi. If Tommy used Kano for one match in the grand finals, does that mean "OMG, KANO MADE GRAND FINALS!"

Pokchop was not that impressive if im honest.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Jeremiah got into top 8 using Sheeva, THEN changed to Kenshi. If Tommy used Kano for one match in the grand finals, does that mean "OMG, KANO MADE GRAND FINALS!"

Jeremiah used Kenshi for all his matches in pools except Pokchop. He beat Mr. Mileena and LOTF using Kenshi.

I'm sorry Pokchop wasn't impressing you...IN THE TOP 8. You make no sense here. If Pokchop wasn't impressive WTF was he doing making top 8. What does that even say?

Death

Noob

Did you even watch the stream today? He used kenshi in every match except the mirror. You got it reversed bud

Zoidberg747

Jeremiah used Sheeva once. Before that he got out in winners with Kenshi. Pokchop was actually really impressive until Jeremiah, but that was because he obviously knew nothing of the Sheeva matchup(And Jeremiah is just that good)

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Honestly Cyrax is the same thing. He is great on paper but the tourney results dont back it up. Denzell did get 2nd at SCR with him though.

He's been in people's top 5 for months without a lot of tourney results. They go on paper for Cyrax but not for Skarlet. They go on paper for Sonya but not for Cage. They want results from some and then just use their own knowledge/experience for others.

Zoidberg747

He's been in people's top 5 for months without a lot of tourney results. They go on paper for Cyrax but not for Skarlet. They go on paper for Sonya but not for Cage. They want results from some and then just use their own knowledge/experience for others.
Which is stupid. Im saying that I dont think it should be that way, and yes I think Sonya is a tad overrated.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Which is stupid. Im saying that I dont think it should be that way, and yes I think Sonya is a tad overrated.

This is my whole argument, people say "results" or "they haven't done anything in tourney" for some character then turn around and say "Cyrax/Sonya/Freddy/Kenshi" with them hardly doing anything.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Cyrax was top 3 at like half of the last serious majors. I'm sorry Cyrax can't beat KABAL. None of these other characters "do anything" when Kabal is in town. We can't base the tier list on who wins majors.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Cyrax was top 3 at like half of the last serious majors. I'm sorry Cyrax can't beat KABAL. None of these other characters "do anything" when Kabal is in town. We can't base the tier list on who wins majors.
!REO's rape on J360 at MLG Dallas!

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
GGA 16 Bit is right here .... there is no way to downplay Kabal, Cyrax and Kung Lao, based on some bad results coming from them, in majors ..... they are still dangerous and deadly as hell, and sometimes, just one little mistake against them it's enough to drop off any other contender from an ultra competitive tourney ....

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

Again, people were putting Cyrax top 5 way before he started placing like that at the last 3 or so majors. My main point still being that tourney results should have little to no barring on how good a character is.

they are still dangerous and deadly as hell, and sometimes, just one little mistake against them it's enough to drop off any other contender from an ultra competitive tourney

This could be said for like 40 percent of the cast.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
DAMNIT I wanted to make this thread! Awesome performance by Scar.

My statements of Skarlet being top5 are finally being realized, a year and a half after I started saying it. No longer are they fancies of a hitbox'ing online player who randomly goes to Evo and gets bodied by PL at Raleigh!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
DAMNIT I wanted to make this thread! Awesome performance by Scar.

My statements of Skarlet being top5 are finally being realized, a year and a half after I started saying it. No longer are they fancies of a hitbox'ing online player who randomly goes to Evo and gets bodied by PL at Raleigh!
U got into tournament nerves
"Ok, now i'm going to take him down"
Gets caught on a nomad Charge
"GOD DAMN IT NINJ WTF ARE YOU DOING! YOU COULD BLOCK THAT SH** MILES AWAY O_O"

lol, great memories