What's new

Skarlet top 5?

Face it guys this community will never fully accept skarlets potential unless one of us keeps putting her in top 8 spots consistently hopefully MIT and others rep her too the fullest since i am not able to travel to tournaments as much as others.... idc what others say skarlet is def top 10, and more specifically definitely not in 10th place on the tier list. Ive gone over the tape of my matches vs wound and wafflez, ive seen the mistakes i made n holes in my game, and will be working on these matchups, especially the timing on shangs pressure, also i will be adjusting the amount of damage i pull in with anti airs...the holes in my game will be filled, time to put down the 2 saws, and gas mask for a while, and dust off my kunai, skarlet is back in business. You top 8 placing bullies will learn to respect the blood queen...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Face it guys this community will never fully accept skarlets potential unless one of us keeps putting her in top 8 spots consistently hopefully MIT and others rep her too the fullest since i am not able to travel to tournaments as much as others.... idc what others say skarlet is def top 10, and more specifically definitely not in 10th place on the tier list. Ive gone over the tape of my matches vs wound and wafflez, ive seen the mistakes i made n holes in my game, and will be working on these matchups, especially the timing on shangs pressure, also i will be adjusting the amount of damage i pull in with anti airs...the holes in my game will be filled, time to put down the 2 saws, and gas mask for a while, and dust off my kunai, skarlet is back in business. You top 8 placing bullies will learn to respect the blood queen...
We need to team up, i got some evil shizz you might find useful, but if you really spot the mistakes on the wound matches, then i think you figure what to do. You have everything to cut off shangs legs as well

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I thought the only thing this proved was that most people still don't know how to fight skarlet. Some players just looked completely lost against her.

Hardly surprising given the number of people that play her though.

imo skarlets normals are sucky, she has those blockstrings which low hitboxes can get around its still good but is that top 5 dirt? she has to use her meter for it, high damaging combos but people have to settle for 40% or less to call those combos actual BnB's, kung lao can do over 50% off of a jumpin punch with 1 bar but you cant call those combos bnbs. that armor is good but again she is meter dependant she really sucks without meter imo, sonya is still a bitch without meter.

AssassiN

Noob
Gonna help you out a little with the Shang MU by saying that F4 + Ground Skull has a 4 frame hole where Skarlet can armor through.
She doesn't have to play the game "do I poke out or block" when she has meter.
I think you you know this but still gonna say it, you can empty RD over smoke bombs.

Well L0rdoftheFLY in order to be at the top in this game you have to be broken (Kabal, Kenshi, Cyrax, etc.)
Does Skarlet fit this bill?

Oh and also about the Kenshi thoughts. I have a totally different play style than Pig as Kenshi (even though I am strongly trying to emulate it), and in the standard tourney setting you only have 2 matches to learn the style. So like 16bit has said before against playing against broken characters like Kabal, you have to learn all the different play styles that they can be with their character and you have a very limited time in which to do so.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Well L0rdoftheFLY in order to be at the top in this game you have to be broken (Kabal, Kenshi, Cyrax, etc.)
Does Skarlet fit this bill?

Oh and also about the Kenshi thoughts. I have a totally different play style than Pig as Kenshi (even though I am strongly trying to emulate it), and in the standard tourney setting you only have 2 matches to learn the style. So like 16bit has said before against playing against broken characters like Kabal, you have to learn all the different play styles that they can be with their character and you have a very limited time in which to do so.
Your sheeva sir, lol, to Angola that was a huge humiliation you did to pokchop lol.

Some of us were calling your reads as "Haki" a One Piece ability to predict the opponent next move, i was laughing as hell at every correct tele read LOL

Man I've been waiting a long time for this. Good shit Skar. I fell short to kitana...again, but had a blast at FR2013. Fuck kabal. All skarlet from now on.
I think she's really good, in the top 10. I did notice however that not many people have MU experience against Skarlet.

Flagg

Noob
imo skarlets normals are sucky, she has those blockstrings which low hitboxes can get around its still good but is that top 5 dirt? she has to use her meter for it, high damaging combos but people have to settle for 40% or less to call those combos actual BnB's, kung lao can do over 50% off of a jumpin punch with 1 bar but you cant call those combos bnbs. that armor is good but again she is meter dependant she really sucks without meter imo, sonya is still a bitch without meter.
She has 13 target combos, the most of anyone in the game, and you think they are sucky? Have you even tried to use Skarlet?

Your sheeva sir, lol, to Angola that was a huge humiliation you did to pokchop lol.

Some of us were calling your reads as "Haki" a One Piece ability to predict the opponent next move, i was laughing as hell at every correct tele read LOL
Lol, yeah one of the reason's why I stuck with Sheeva so long, is that for some reason I just get a feel for the way my prey tries to avoid the crushing Shokan weight of humiliation and defeat. Much like a salmon swimming up stream and leaping the raging waters into a waiting bear's jaws.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Skarlet playstyle is annoying i can tell you, Skarlet is a Character that doesn't becomes easier when you learn the MU, it becomes way harder believe me.

Things that you normaly respect and start to disrespect, is where all her fucked up traps are, its a character that trains her opponents.

I thought the only thing this proved was that most people still don't know how to fight skarlet. Some players just looked completely lost against her.

Hardly surprising given the number of people that play her though.
I don't think we ever will get an accurate read out for her.

At least not until more people play as/against her and find out all her strengths and weaknesses.

She has 13 target combos, the most of anyone in the game, and you think they are sucky? Have you even tried to use Skarlet?
since when have characters become good the more target combos they have, why are you even calling them target combos this aint street fighter, are you even playing this game? most characters only use 2-4 strings in their whole arsenal because they are the only ones that are useful.

Skarlet playstyle is annoying i can tell you, Skarlet is a Character that doesn't becomes easier when you learn the MU, it becomes way harder believe me.

Things that you normaly respect and start to disrespect, is where all her fucked up traps are, its a character that trains her opponents.
yeah she is good, but I just dont think she is up there with the top tiers like kenshi kabal cyrax. she is a candidate for top 10 though.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
yeah she is good, but I just dont think she is up there with the top tiers like kenshi kabal cyrax. she is a candidate for top 10 though.
I love Skarlet because since the beggining i knew she is the character that implies this kind of though to anyone who plays her, everyone underestimates Skarlet because they think her tools doesn't completely fill up the task, So everyone does whatever they think is the correct way to play her, and so far no one ever did, even the ones who seems to know that well the MU.

I love Skarlet because since the beggining i knew she is the character that implies this kind of though to anyone who plays her, everyone underestimates Skarlet because they think her tools doesn't completely fill up the task, So everyone does whatever they think is the correct way to play her, and so far no one ever did, even the ones who seems to know that well the MU.
but doesnt that make skarlet better if people dont know how to play against her? what if people actually play the skarlet matchup right?

Flagg

Noob
since when have characters become good the more target combos they have, why are you even calling them target combos this aint street fighter, are you even playing this game? most characters only use 2-4 strings in their whole arsenal because they are the only ones that are useful.
Target combos, strings, doesnt matter what they are called so dont be facetious and obtuse, you know what im referring to. If you're obviously more clued up about Skarlet than I am, how about giving some examples of her normals and why they are bad instead of making sweeping statements.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
but doesnt that make skarlet better if people dont know how to play against her? what if people actually play the skarlet matchup right?
How do you even play this MU right? How do you play the Kabal or Cyrax MU Right?
i have to tell you, i play this character for over a year now, i know the key points but they're not even 100% accurate, because she can change at any point she wants, you have to rely on more than just the key points of a correct way to fight Skarlet.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Screw Skarlet. Can we all just agree that Sheeva is a Kenshi Killer!?

Also, in all seriousness Scars performance made skarlet look hella fun. May give her another go.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Man, Scar's Skarlet is something out of this world, that insane pressure and fast pace, he was all over the place with that awesome execution, good shit Scar.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
1 guy did well with Skarlet, that does not variant 'Top 5' threads, especially when barely anyone knows the full MU. Must these threads come after EVERY major?

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
1 guy did well with Skarlet, that does not variant 'Top 5' threads, especially when barely anyone knows the full MU. Must these threads come after EVERY major?
Yes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
lol people need to calm down...The title was kind of a troll as they always are after a tourney. Is she top 5? Nobody knows or cares really. She is a tournament viable character that has the potential to win a major. that is all that this thread should imply.

As far as my performance, I should have beaten Jerimiah. It was too close but he didn't fall for the same tricks that pig does. Pigs is much more offensive than his. His defense didnt crack once and I took a couple risks that didn't pan out. When I lost I syked myself out. I freaked out against Joe because he is built to beat my characters. His Kitana is one thing but his sindel would have also beaten me. I just want to know why Scar didnt have to fight a kitana and I had to fight 2 of them.

In casuals, I was playing really well the night before. I was winning most all series I played and went back and forth with a few people. I even managed to beat Tyrant 3-1 with Skarlet (which felt really good despite it not being tourney play). I was feeling really confident going into the tourney.

The MU I was preparing for most were, cyrax, Lao, Kabal, and Kitana. Trepound isnt really much of a help for training cause he didnt want to play me. And Joe was in my room so oh well. fuck it. I felt I did well vs Joe and I could have taken it.

At the end of the day I had fun and look forward to competing again.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Skarlet top3.
If I could be fucking bothered with this useless piece of shit, I'd pick her up to be my main for sure.